DC area - Spring Swap, May 24th - foods and drink

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec--

Given Susan is traveling--could she maybe bring whatever beverages you would want?
Sodas? Water? A Box-Wine?......Whatever.....

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Susan, I vote for the WHIPS!

LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

WHIPS????????? Oh, my Gosh!!!!! Shackles too????.........Lordy....Lordy.....

Are we going to "digress" from gardening to---ahem.....other activities????? Like, maybe after we all have had a taste of the Viryta--we will just go wild?????

Now--Now, Girls!!!! BEHAVE!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok I will... do I really have to???? I will bring any drinks that anyone wants.... Yeah...
pretty please oh never mind...LOLOLOLOL (about the whips)
Susan

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Too late!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok I am going to my corner now.. booo hooooo
Susan ;-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay, well ... I'll have you know that I have a whole selection of whips, so just let me know if you prefer that I bring them.

I can whip Becky's pelt into shape with them. Hah.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL Hey I wanted to let Becky know thanks for telling me about spell check with Google... I can spell again... NOT.
Hugs,
Susan

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL you are welcome! Anywho - Susan, I hereby put you in charge of beverages -I guess some 2-liter bottles of diet/sodas, maybe some wine? I know you can get really good German white wine at pretty much any grocery store - if need be d-mail me for names!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok so I am in charge of getting different types of diet sodas and also one Pepsi for me as I don't' drink diet... Becky dmaill me with wine people like as I don't drink it so don't want you to get yuck instead of wine...LOLOLOL This is great Becky with spell check... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you so much..
Hugs,
Susan

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll do the wine, Susan, if you do the sodas.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't mind either way... Ok so a list of soda's would help... Coke,Dr.Pepper, Pepsi,Ginger Ale, Root Beer, what else? I am not trying to make this difficult just trying to cover the bases.
Susan

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm a little odd (defcaf diet cola) so I'll bring my own.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

No you won't I will bring that also... So sit back and enjoy...
Hugs,
susan

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - now now ladies, no fighting over beverages!!!

How about the "basics" - some Pepsi, 7-up and their diet counterparts? (and Happys decaf??)

On the wine - it is not a requirement at all - just a suggestion - there is German wine to be had for about $6.00 a bottle at your local grocery store - Riesling is light enough for a glass or two to be enjoyed by all - I'll brew up a batch of unsweet ice tea - and I can pick up some lemonade as well - I always keep it in the house for hubby :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Does anybody else do the Splenda versions of diet sodas, like Pepsi One? If not, I'm just as happy with iced tea or fully leaded cola (sugar *and* caffeine -- I'll be unstoppable!).

(When we have a cookout or something, I've gone to just making lemonade and telling everybody that if they want a particular soft drink, to please bring it... I was going nuts keeping track of which friend or relation preferred which brand and variation, LOL! But I know this group isn't so particular.)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill - I drink a citrus diet made with Splenda - can only find it at SFW. I'll bring a few of those with whatever else partner in crime would like for me to bring...I think it was the cake....not sure what else????

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh, I'd like to try one of those because I didn't even know a citrus version existed! Thanks. I've been downing fizzy vaguely orange or lemon-lime flavored seltzer water lately. And DH left a dozen bottles in his car trunk for a week... they're flat but I'm still drinking them because I just don't like "straight" water, LOL.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes....agree...cant' "do" the water....my big ole cup gets filled with Wawa's diet Green Tea - but that's made with Nutra Sweet. Very good though...mild...no after taste.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

can't "do" the Nutra Sweet... not positive that it triggers my migraines, but it might, and who wants to risk that, LOL!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Water & Wine por moi -- I'll probably bring a bottle of vino as well.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

As far as the Citrusy diet Sodas go--my fave is Ole "Fresca"!!! Tastes soooooo good! VERY refreshing! Not sure what sweetener they use! But I love it!
However--wine is my choice of "refreshment".....ahem! The lush I am.......And--Sally is my cheuffer......I just slip her a few $$$ and she is happy to do it. (Aren't you, Sal????)
Kind of, breaks up the distances any one person has to drive.

I just LOVE these kind of Smörgåsbords!!!!!!! Pot luck parties ROCK!!!!!! See? "Spell Check" just gave me the correct spelling of the above!!!! I could NEVER have gotten all those diacritical marks to be on top of all the letters myself! It is, obviously, a SVEEEEEEEEEEdish name......

Gita

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm bringing Scotch eggs...
Which aren't really Scotch they're English...
They also don't have Scotch in them...
And I am neither Scottish nor English....
But I'm bringing them anyway ^_^

This message was edited May 6, 2008 4:52 PM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ohhhhhhhhhh I love Scotch Eggs :)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Diet Rite is made with Splenda. Want me to bring a couple of big bottles? Or I could look for Pepsi One if that is preferred.

I'm still deciding between the country ham biscuits and the Swedish meatballs. The meatballs would give Gita more chances to show off her fancy spelling skills. LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, but country ham is sooooo tasty... :-) Actually, both options have me salivating, so either way I'm more than happy!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart---You lost me.............................

What do meatballs have to do with my spelling skills?????? I can't spell anyway with my mouth-full of meatballs......everything would come out MMMMMMMM

Are you "loopedy-Loop" referring to my couple words of Latvian I wrote one time? Bec started it!!!!! It is HER fault!....:o)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Swedish meatballs. As in smorgasbord. ;>)

If I have time, I'll make some of each, Critter. Then we'll have to get you a drool rag. LOL

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
I am sorry to say that something has come up and I will not be able to come to the swap... I will miss you all very much... Also hope I can get to the next one... I hope you all have a wonderufl time and I will miss all the fun....
Hugs,
Susan

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Darn, Susan. I was so looking forward to seeing you again.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL! With so many people bringing such delicious sounding goodies, I think I'd better bring a bib anyway... :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'll show the correct spelling of smorgaasbord when I get on my main puter :-) & yes, sure Gita - I'll take the blame - not sure what for - but nevertheless

Susan that really sucks - I was sooooo looking forward to seeing ya again! Hopefully everything is ok and we'll see ya next time!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, poo. I'm sorry to hear that, Susan!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Aww, nuts, Susan! We'll miss you!

In case your reason has to do with gas $, you might check with Dragonfly and see if it's possible for the two of you to drive up together... as I posted in the swap co-op thread, I'd be happy to chip in to help fill your tank (and a couple other folks immediately chimed in likewise)... We'd hate to be missing both of you if we don't have to! :-)

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Thanks for missing me and offering to help pay for gas.. I have to admit that is part of it but there is another part that I can't change so I just can't make it... I hated to have to tell you all and I hated to have to tell Terri I could not go... Hey you all have enough fun for me also you hear? I miss all of you very much...
Hugs,
Susan

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

We're sad, but understand that life gets in the way sometimes!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ahhhh Susan.... :( (sad face)....miss you!!!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I am having problems with my left eye... Went to my eye doc and she said it was floaters but all looked well.. I am having flashes of light in my eye and like the size of a big worm or misqeto(sp) then when I work up this morning they were more of them and it scared me as the lights were not shifting to dots instead of lighting bolts...LOL So I had to see another doctor today and he said I have 3 places where the blood vessels pulled away and had a slight hemmerage(sp) again sorry... Hubby puter does not have spell check like mine does thanks to Becky.... So I have to watch that it does not get worse and have to go back again at the end of the month or sooner if I have allot more come or my vision changes as that means I am having my retina detach from my eye... Always something I tell you....
I will truly miss you all... But will be there in heart...LOL
Hugs,
Susan

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

((( Susan ))) Hope your vision problems clear up... retina stuff is scary, although I know that's something that can be fixed... glad to hear you're keeping on top of it. Take care of yourself!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Susan, take care of yourself! I hope your eye is better soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.