Here a Swap, There a Swap, Anywhere a Spring Swap?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay, it is time to start planning Spring Swap Action, is it not?

Who, pray tell, will be holding one in the DC area this season???

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmmm - now that my backyard actually is done and looks good I might be persuaded to hold one - now bear in mind - I live in a townhouse so I don't have a huge outdoor space - but, my indoor space is fine :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Shenandoah Valley, VA

That would be great, Becky!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmmmm lemme check the calendar - how does the very last weekend in May or first weekend in June sound?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Alrightey then - after pow-wowing with my tweedle in crime - Chantell and official co-host of this swap - first weekend of June it is!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd like one on a Sunday at midnight during a full moon, please....oh on a leap year too.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gawd....I have a title....I IS soooo important - I can't stand it

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

For the love of dogs, please tell me that it won't be on Sunday, June 1st ... although, even if it is, I ought to be able to get there, albeit a bit late. I have a "thing" in Annapolis that I'm committed to.

I second the Full Moon.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Saturday June 7th

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

yeah....it is a leap year!!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Presto! It's marked on my Calendar!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Good, I'll start a thread soon about the where & when's & stuff! Hopefully noone is allergic to cats & dogs!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Aww man! My swap is that day so there is no way I can make it :( :( and I would sooo love to go (not to mention meet the thunder kitty! :) )

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooops I was wondering if it would clash - I am open to having a swap anytime - so, if the next weekend is better for everyone then that is fine as well :-) Let me see raised hands for June 7th or June 14th!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for offering to host, Becky! I want to do another gathering up here, too, but I don't want to keep asking the folks who live south to drive all the way to Frederick... maybe we can do the Fall Swap here again. :-)

We're going to start having really rootbound little seedlings by June 14th... any chance of making it earlier rather than later? I know by the time we went to Hart's last year, I had plants (especially tomatoes) that should have been in the ground a month ago. Of course, winter sown seedlings will still be pretty small at that point... LOL... I discovered in February that it doesn't matter when a gathering is scheduled; people will have plants to share!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

OK, how about the 17th of May - we can swap plants and y'all can help me celebrate the Norwegian Independence Day!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Normally earlier would be a problem here because everything comes up so much later than for you all, but this year everything is coming up early. So any time is fine with me. Sundays are just as easy for me as Saturdays too if that helps, but I imagine most of you would rather do a Saturday.

Becky, please let me know what I can do to help.

Jody, if you can come, please note the variegated petasides you listed for your swap has been on my major serious plant lust list for ages. If you can save me a piece I'd be soooo happy.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Of course - y'all have to wear Norwegian costumes and wave flags - LOLOL ohhh, and a parade too!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't have my calendar here to say for sure, but I do prefer the earlier timeframe!

Maybe I'll become a Face Painter in honoUr of the Norwegian Flag.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Just FYI , May 17 is the Longwood Garden trip, Just in case you wanted to know.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Arghhhhhhhhh - ok, I need some suggestions here - the tentative dates I have available are: Saturday May 17th, Sunday 18th May, Saturday May 24th, Saturday May 31st or Saturday June 7th

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 7:25 PM

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 7:26 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

"If you build it, they will come." I say, pick a date that works for you, Becky. These things are impossible to schedule.

The only sketchy day in your list for me would be May 31st.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I am leaning more and more towards May 24th :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Can I still drape myself in a Norwegian Flag (and matching stilettos)?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Only if they are Jimmy's :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I only wish that I had size 12 feet.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

I can do either May 24 or 31! :) :) :) Please pick one of those, pplleeassseee LOL. I'll stay at the MD house that weekend. I'll start practicing my flag waving now ;)

Can't do june 14, I'll be in ME for my stepsons wedding and May 18 I'll have the entire delmarva hosta society touring my VA garden.

hart, you betcha, no problem, and I can always mail you some if it don't work out for us to meet up.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

OK, done decided - May 24th is IT - Jimmy Choo's and draped flag - optional :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

That's GREAT Jody! I neeeeed that plant. LOL

I'm so glad the Jimmy Choos are optional but we're planning on painting the front of your house as a Norwegian flag, Becky. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Good nite ya'll have been busy...as usual I'm clueless as to what I'd bring....but that's for another thread. I will ask if anyone wants outside cactus...SPEAK now before they get sent to cacti heaven. The little ole cacti patch is no more (moment of silence, please)...but did keep its succulent cousins...LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

You have outside cactus other than opuntia?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Woohoo! Got the calendar marked :) :)

...psst wrightie thanks for starting the thread ;)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - other then the various types of opuntia (including the purple Santa Rita) I have cholla...that's about it. The one other kind there was only one of and I promised that to Susan. Let me know if Cholla interests you :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm glad you picked the 24th rather than the 31st, which is RCN's open house . . .

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

:) Yes, and the weekend before is Green Springs :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

"I'm so excited...I just can't hide it..." (ahhh the disco era) Now about that theme, Miss Becky?????

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Heheheh - well Disco is ONE theme that will NOT be considered :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

But...but...but you've got your own Sat. Night Fever guy....doesn't Greg have a white suit?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ah, lemme think - NO!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.