Clematis in my Gardens!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hope you'll enjoy and hoping to help my Northern Gardening buds to keep ya keep your sanity until Spring comes for you!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Crystal Fountain"

This message was edited Apr 1, 2008 12:28 PM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "H.F.Young"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Beautiful, Jeanne. My plants are growing like mad, but no buds yet.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Bees Jubilee"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Edouard Andre' " and a friendly ladybug, which I have tons of

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

A new favourite of mine...Clematis "Omoshiro"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Jeanne I love all of your clematis but I need "Claire de Lune"!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis Montana "Mayleen"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Claire de Lune" with climbing rosa "Don Juan"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

So you can see the setting for "Claire de Lune' and My climbing rosa "Don Juan"..last year I had a seedling CrapeMyrtle start in that bed and I didn't get around to removing it..I can't now as my clematis have grown up it!!..Thank God the roots on Crapes won't hurt my foundation!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Asao"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ruby Glow" and "Ramona"..I have a climbing rose on the post with Ramona called "Royal Sunset"..she is setting buds so I promise to share pics when they are blooming together!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have clematis "H.F.Young" and "Omoshiro" planted with climbing rosa "Compassion" mixed with Begonias on one of the posts of my Gazebo

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

A close up of Clematis "Ramona"..I am growing two of her in my gardens and am very Impressed with her vigor!@!...Even if she is a pruning group 2...and only in year 3 of my gardens she is now about 6-7 feet tall and still climbing!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Josephine"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Daniel Deronda"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Pink Champagne" aka "Kakio"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Pink Champagne" upclose..I have her planted with DA Climbing rosa "Tess of the d'Urbenvilles"..Hope you enjoyed!!..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Grandview, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh my yes, I did enjoy. So, ready for the hard question? Of all your 'babies', which is your favorite!!!

Carolyn (totally jealous!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Jeanne,
Is the first picture of Claire de Lune (2nd post on this thread), an older bloom than the other pictures of Claire de Lune? It looks like a totally different flower ... very cool. I purchased this last year but haven't seen mine bloom yet.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooh, I love that Omoshiro, too. I just saw that when I was browsing Brushwood's website the other day and went "ooh!" Naturally, they're out of stock. :(

Gorgeous!

As always, your gardens are an inspiration. I can't wait until my Claire gets going (still has those couple of little tiny buds...). I should be receiving my Crystal Fountain and Florida Sieboldii this week from Silver Star!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oooopppss..I forgot "Ernest Markham'!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Daltri..thanks for bringing that to my attention..I typed the wrong name on there!!..It's clematis "Crystal Fountain" and no it's only been open for 2 days and will change...Jeanne

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love them all, but especially Omoshiro. Where did you find that one?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

OK, thanks for the clarification. Now I need to buy Crystal Fountain. :-)

Your clematis are beautiful ... inspiring, Thanks.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley..thanks Hon..I got the LAST one that Dan from Brushwood had last fall and begged him to baby it for me in his nursery over the winter and ship this Spring..I am THRILLED with it..he does have awesome clematis and is such a sweetheart!!..Jeanne

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Jeanne, you need to go add that picture of Omoshiro to PlantFiles! The entry has no pictures right now, and yours is beeeyootiful!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow Jeanne! I'm drooling all over my keyboard! Your Omoshiro is just awesome! Thanks for sharing all of those beautiful pics. Keep them coming - it's a long way off until mine will be blooming. Heck, it looks like it's a long way off until it quits snowing this year!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Jeanne they are all beautiful. I counted 46 buds on my "Claire" and a couple of my seedlings have a few buds. It probably will be a couple of more weeks here before blooms, That is if we keep the weather we have been having and no more freezes.
I love this time of year as we get to catch up with old friends.
Looking forward to everyones post and pics.

Gary

Harleysville, PA

Oh Thank you for your wonderful photos!! What is the first clematis called? Very pretty color.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Lucky YOU on getting the last Omoshiro!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I usually have the names on my pics...Jess that is clematis "Mrs. Cholmondeley"..pronouced Chumley...Jeanne

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

Thank you for sharing -- inspirational, as always! Flowers are still far off for my area. I was particularly pleased to see your crystal fountain. I received a beauty from Debbie last year, but didn't let it bloom. It is paired with rose Wild Blue Yonder. I hope they compliment eachother. I am green with envy over your ability to grow the Montanas. Your Mayleen is gorgeous.

Dan has been babying one for me . . . Omoshiro!!! I can't wait. Looking forward to more proof of spring from your gardens.

(Zone 4a)

Those photo's sure were a sight for sore eyes Jeanne!!! Especially since when I look out my window right now I see snow blowing around!!!

Your clems are so lovely!!! I am so glad you posted some photo's of Pink Champagne...I bought one end of last season so I have yet to see it bloom but I do love the colour of it in your photo!!! Beautiful!!!!

Grandview, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Jeanne, I'll be shopping today, that's for sure. I made of list of your babies since they seem to love living in Texas.... ah, so many to 'want', but where will I put them. Oh who cares, I'll figure that out later!

Carolyn

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow Jeanne!!!! Beautiful!!! My Crystal Fountain is full of buds so won't be long for me!!
Nothing else has buds yet.

Debbie

Grandview, TX(Zone 8b)

Has anyone here ever heard of the clematis "Apple Blossom"? My sister, lucky girl, got one in Tennessee. We looked it up, so fabulous, smells like almonds.

Carolyn

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful photos and beautiful clematis, Jeanne!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Pirl!..
Yes Clematis "Apple Blossom" is an Armandii..which are happiest in zones 7-9...they are very early spring bloomers like the Montanas except they are ever greens and get quite huge as well...anywhere from 15 to 21 feet+...Jeanne
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=114

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.