Whats blooming outside your door

Snohomish, WA

Since the begining of spring sucks, I thought it would be nice to see some on here. Try to include a pic.First up, Dapne odora in full bloom! Can you smell it!! OOOOHHH, soooo, nice!!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Snohomish, WA

Flower basket.Not bad considering I put this together in Nov.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

What is your address? I am going Daphne hunting...lol

Snohomish, WA

Its gaurded by a 7' Devils Club, and I live on Hwy 9 just keep going to you see lots of plants but no nusery signs!! Hard pic to do, flowers straight down, edgeworthia.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Does this count?

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Never enough of these...

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Snohomish, WA

Very nice! I think Katie is looking for one so be carefull!! How long have you had your pieris? This is the dawning of the age of Euphorbia!!!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Last one because it was so cold out there.... I can get others later....

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Snohomish, WA

Oh the rooster is cool!! I took some shots when I got home. Too much snow!!
Zantedeschia aethiopica 'White Giant' from Plants Delights Nursery. Ever see there stuff? VERY cool!! www.plantdelights.com.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I put it in the front yard in late 2000, I keep it trimmed the way I want it to look... It was very tiny when I put it in, a one gallon small size shrub. You should see the 3 Japanese Maples out front...they were just babies too. I took out over 20 Roses to put things out front.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Plants Delight helped me make it through this winter, I love wish lists! Along with Lady Bug Daylilies and High Country Gardens....LOL By the way I have a "Hot Lips" for you just let me know when you would like to come up here. I do not work any longer so it can be at your convenience on a sunny day please! I would love to go to Smokey Point Plant Farm and actually get the help you did, I had a very negaive experience there last spring!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Ooooh.... Can I play? I have blooms :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

and buds :o) this one was just taken today........

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

and this one was taken last weekend....

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks , I love chickens...my favorite farm critter! I have them in various places in the garden and the house...lol not alive ones anymore! Maybe when we move back to Az.
I have a gorgeous Euphorbia too, I bought it at the same nursery where I bought all my Japanese Maples. The nursery is no longer here and I have not found a good source for small Japanese Maples.
I do not have a Calla lily outside but I have one inside, my DH bought this one for me for Easter.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Snohomish, WA

Now we are cooking!!! A little contorted tree thing!!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Great tree!

Snohomish, WA

Hey cocoa you should dmail me and we can set a time. Sorry to hear about your trip to the Plant Farm. I may have just got lucky cause a lot of people have told me that. But I ran into the owner who was getting ready for the Flower show. Could be, but the lady behind the counter knew her stuff too. Maybe its new help, or you got a new hire? They have great plants and decent prices. My daphne is from there and a big leaf magnolia, can't remember what else. I am REAL picky when it comes to plants!! You would think they would NOt want to see me.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is a very sad daffodil afterr the snow...lol

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is my Eurphorbia

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Clematis

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

My Wallflower

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Snohomish, WA

What are you a zone ahead of me?Look at those beauties!!! Were they in a GH and you just put them out? Very nice plants cocoa!! Flowering quince.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

A succulent and a pansy in a pot...not too clear but it was ooohhh so cold when I took this picture...lol

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

No they have been in the ground all winter...I only keep new plants I cultivated, new plants I was given, or when I am trying to play with zones...lol

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have a few more things blooming or about to bloom but when I went out to photo them I got to cold and came back in before I could get good pictures...lol

Snohomish, WA

A little dark too!! Those are great pics!! I am looking forward to seeing more on Tues. I'll suprise you with something!! Jack frost brunnera.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Dwarf Star Magnolia

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love it, I want one of those I believe Pixy has one for me.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here's my last one, I had to come in...I made 2 trips out to get these pictures and it got dark before I warmed enough to get a 3rd set...lol

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Snohomish, WA

looks like the snow is gone though!! I love brunnera! Got jack and Looking Glass and one I bet you never heard of, Silver Wings. I was at Dragonfly Farms and Hiedi told me about Naylor Creek and they had some of their own cultivars. I have an arisaema addiction and this was the coolest place yet. I'm getting more from them!!
www.naylorcreek.com

Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

I didn't see this thread until just now and it's too dark to take pictures! My orchids and Christmas (Easter) cactus are blooming and I do have one purple hyacinth with flowers. The primula "Mahogany Sunrise" I got from Pixy is just about to bust open. An epimedium I got from Poochella at the same swap has flowers, but by the time I get around to taking pix next weekend this thread will be dead and gone. Oh well...

Love all the pictures of color!

Gordon ~ Love the little flowers on that Brunnera. What a nice blue!

Carla ~ Is Marysville anywhere near Florida? Dang girl...EVERYTHING is blooming at your place. Green with envy here...

Snohomish, WA

I'm tellin ya! The flowers are goregous in your yard!! I'm cookoo for cocoajuno!!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Thank you from zone 4 hopefulls. Beautiful pictures. Thanks.

Snohomish, WA

We have just been snowed on for two nights so literaly feel your pain!! I used to live in Billings so I know cold. One more than off to bed. Bleeding hearts

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Are you kidding, I wish I was near Florida, well maybe not I don't care for wind...as in Hurricanes...lol
I really thought things were slower this year. Maybe I just have the right things planted to be blooming now, but I really thought things were slower... I did notice my Japanese Maples were getting buds and my weeping whatever it is...lol I have sometimers...lol Sometimes I can remember the real and the common names of plants and other times I can only describe them....lol and I am not kidding, I began taking a med for pain that makes me absolutely a DUH! At least I can take pictures and you can name that plant...haha

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh Goodnight Gordon Sleep Tight!
Sweet dreams....

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I Am In Envy, I am in the same zone, and NO Flowers, as yet. So Sad

Carla, my Peris is just a baby now, love yours, want to know how you pruned it.

Gordon, I am raiding you garden. LOL I want a Daphne.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL Tills
I have two baby pieris in the back yard too and plan to prune them too when they get bigger. I just let them start to take shape, which is usually a rounded ball at first but when they do start sending braches out I choose a couple I like and prune the others, I like mine to look freeform instead of formal. Do not follow my pruning techniques...lol I think of pruning as a haircut and go from there, I have always liked the "shag" haircut with lots of layers...
See what I did to my "False Cypress" last month....it has no bottom branches any longer, it was getting way to wide for my tiny front yard...so off with its limbs!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

These are not blooming, but they are newly painted and are colorful! I just haven't moved them to the garden.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.