Flowering today

london England, United Kingdom

red wallflowers.

Thumbnail by terriculture

ice cream bean tree! Wow, never heard of such a plant, love it Chrissy. would it grow here?!!

sage!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yokwe all! Happy Spring! Blue sky, robins, and such lovely blooms!

Alexandra, thank you. Your orchids are beautiful and that garayi is so cool! Very unusual...as is your ice cream bean Chrissy!

Randy - oooohhhh! Those are gorgeous! Put my poor crinums to shame!

Jeanne - please don't worry about your hib...mine will occasionally put out a bloom or two off norm, but they soon go back. Don't know what causes it, but worry isn't going to fix it - so just enjoy the singles while they are there.

Happy day everyone!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm lucky in that fact the crinums are a picnic to grow here..they are so easy, I don't do anything to them but shove them on a shelf until they bloom.

Terri, I see no reason why they wouldn't grow there...They like it cool and usually are the first things to bloom here in the spring season.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

All of the flowers are just lovely! Thanks Everyone for sharing!

Randy love that crinum!!!!!

My Hib is grafted....hopefully it will go back to doubles soon!

Aloha!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mitch passed along 5 crinium bulbs as he is moving. They are about 6 inches high. Guess maybe it was moving them.

Christi

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Terri, now I realized why I HAD TO HAVE THAT ONE, and not another! You're right! It resembles a freesia! Pitty it doesn't smell, but it didn't stop me from taking her home! When I went to the nursery, I was determined to buy again something scented! Your wallflowers, if I remember correctly (or if I'm not confusing them with something else), have a wonderful sweet scent! they remind me of HOME!
Rj, yours are darn pretty themselves! That crinum took my breath away!
Braveheartsmom, I hope you'll like the photographs.
Texasgal77, the one I have is not grafted for sure. If anybody is willing to teach me, I can send you cuttings. Or, (I wonder at the possibility) if I manage to get to Texas with my plants safely in the Penske truck and it's still daylight, I can drop you off one at the end of May. I looked it on the map, and your city/town seems close to our route (I10).

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Cool Goofybulb! We're right off I-10! Yours is very pretty!!!!

Hopefully mine will go back to being double. It was just sooooo pretty double!

Terri, my red amaryllis is outside in a pot. It has four flowers on the scape. One is partially opened, the other three are still buds. I also have another smaller plant that has scaped also. I'm not sure what color it will be. It will be the first time it has bloomed.

77 just have a look to make sure the graft is not overtaking the upper story plant ...run your hand down the branch that is showing the singles and see if it goes all the way down to below the graft. If the branch has singles and doubles it is just doing a hibiscus thing and will be ok.
chrissy

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Chrissy, I'll take a look tomorrow! I think I will feed it also.....couldn't hurt!

Sorry to make such an issue out of it. The doubles were so absolutely beautiful! To see singles was a bit of a surprise!

Your Ice Cream bean tree blossom is interesting! I've never seen one before! Thanks for sharing!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Flowering today are four red amaryllis, brugs,and a morning glory. The another amaryllis should open in a couple of days. I think it is pink.

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

These are some of the brugs that Randy gave me! They opened up even fuller this evening, so will have to take another picture tomorrow. They are soooo pretty!
Thanks Randy!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another angle of the brugs

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

morning glory

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

All American Beauty Rose

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Peach Hibiscus is finally trying tho throw some doubles again! YEAH!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Texas Star Hibiscus started from a cutting a couple of years ago!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Wow 77 it's all happening! I am almost blushing to show this off but I can't resist ...it is the first real pink Angel I have ever seen up close and it is only good old Frosty Pink ...but here in Australia it is considered very exotic simply because most people are lucky to have seen a white one and thrilled to see an apricot let alone ever get their hands on a pink! so here is my very first real life pink and I love her to bits!!!! a tiny cutting at christmas and up to my head and full of buds ...how good is that!!!!
chrissy

Thumbnail by

How interesting! I find here the white Brugs are not all that common, whereas pinks are all over the place!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Texasgal, beautiful pics. thanks so much for sharing. I still have a few flowers left in the garden.
My one and only Echinacea, after the dogs played in the garden and wiped out a border.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Ribbon bush which fills the gaps when all else has died down

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

A late, or very early Iris. they have proved them selves to be reliable, hardy with the humidity and quite drought resistant!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Happy Gerbera on a short stem

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Allamanda 'Cherry Ripe'. It's been going strong since spring.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Does anyone think we need a part II?
Bananas

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on your pink baby, Chrissy, we will all be interested on watching all those babies to see what you raise. Fancy there being few pinks in Australia, although I believe Alistair is raising some beauties that he has posted on another site.

Jeanne, your Hibs are beautiful, how many varieties do you have? I have the one you call "Texas Star", or something very like it, but it's a tall, thin bush not very good looking at all, with a flower on the very ends of long, long branches. I have just cut mine down to stubs hoping it will regrow into a good looking specimen like Shari has.

Sue, your garden is a delight! You must spend hours in it because everything looks so well cared for, thanks for taking us round...

Jenny

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! I have several types, some hardy hibiscus, three different colors, and then at least three different types of leaves, plus several different colors!

A part 2 probably is needed! See you there!

Hi all, What a wonderful sight, all these lovely flowers
Goofybulb, I love freesias! have planted some bulbs this year but nothing is happening with them yet. lovely double you have there.
Texasgal, Wow ! you have fabulous flowers. Amaryllis is stunning and all the others are lovely but my fav is the texas star Hibiscus, it is so beautiful and exotic it reminds me of Africa!
Chrissy, what do Brugs smell like? I know that is a difficult question, but I have no idea.
Yours look huge!
Sue, Lovely, especially like the Allamanda, your garden is gorgeous, so exotic! Hope you do start a new thread this one has been great!
Thanks for the info on the Crinum Rj, think I'll get some of those bulbs!
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend? Strange weather here again, sun, rain, hailstones
and sleet all in the same day! freaky....

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another amaryllis in bloom...this was a gift and it is the first time it has bloomed!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another hib....at first I thought it was red, but in the sun this afternoon it looks hot pink! Either way it is sweet! It is one I got at Lowe's for $1.00 last fall!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

The brug has opened up more and is soooooooooooo pretty!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sweet little wild flower! Even some of the weeds have pretty little blooms....pink, yellow, purple....

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear of your bad weather Terri! Hope these pictures brighten your day!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

What glorious flowers everyone! Congratulations on your Frosty Chrissy! Well done! I am still waiting for my brug to bloom, but I have faith! Stormy winds and rain here for the last two days...everything looks water logged. No pics unless you like gray.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Tha bottle tree can be depended upon to bloom 365 days a year. Some days are better than others.

PK

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Lady Banksia did a wonderful job, both in flower and scent.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Japanese Maple is glorious in the sun.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just getting the hen & chicks started in a new planter. Can't wait until a couple more weeks.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Yellow Lady Banksia was equally pretty.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

aaaaahhhhhh

Thumbnail by LouC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.