Clump Shots

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yep, I think I have an ID. Oddly enough I have often thought about ordering Painted Cloud. And it appears that I already have it! Thanks for the ID.
Betty

Raleigh, NC

LOL -well, Dee, what % chance do they have of having the right name, do you suppose?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Deleted because it sounded ugly and I truly hope my apology was accepted

This message was edited Apr 24, 2008 9:55 PM

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

clearfire red with beverly sills

Thumbnail by jackieshar

and Champagne Elegance like my friend Janet

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You are just too sweet!!! I am patiently waiting for this one to bloom for me! I need to find the marker and see if it is readable, lol. That is just beautiful!!!

This one is an unknown I received from a friend.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Clearfire is a beauty and I couldn' t help but notice the tree it is growing next to. It looks like a large, lovely one. Do you know what kind of a tree it is?

Raleigh, NC

JanetS - didn't mean to upset you. irislover has cautioned me about trying to ID irises. there's something like 9,000 commerce? most have "dopplegangers".

Once in a while folks get the wrong iris from a grower - it happens. They all look alike when not in bloom! they almost always replace it, or ID it as true to name, as some photos don't look much like the real thing.

First time it happened to me, Suttons sent a gorgeous fat rhizome, which bloomed a lovely shade of mid-baby-to- violet blue. Supposed to be soft turquiosey blue: Navajo jewel. Suttons confirmed it was wrong and refunded my $. Wonderfully helpful about it, too.

What amazes me is that any grower gets it right. did my first "dig" last August of 40 clumps, and I just know several got mixed up! Can you imaging digging 400 clumps?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I apologize, I did sound like a B@#$# Didn't I ! I totally don't know why!

I am amazed as well; that anyone can keep track of the names, whether they have 10 or 10,000...I am terrible at keeping the markers where I can read them, and can't remember from the time I walk outside to look at one until I get the photo downloaded as to what the name is! '

Please accept my apology! I normally am not that hateful sounding....I truly am ashamed of myself! That really is not my nature.

Betty, off iris but, it's an oak and it's just outside the back french doors entrance..I live on 40 acres in the woods....several different varieties of oak and hicory, elm ,mulberry, and willows....pictured is one of the side yards....the garage opening is to the left of the picture

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Jackie :
your place is beautiful

sorry for taking the thread........this is my backyard, note the squirrel on the limb top right

yes I am blessed to have it......a wonderful way to retire, we sold our home in Dallas, built and moved here will be 4 years in august

Thumbnail by jackieshar
South Hamilton, MA

The best way to keep track of iris plants is to chart them as markers do get moved. I'm sorry to say we've been too lazy, should do it especially with seedlings.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Jackie,
What a magnificent scene to live in the middle of! Squirrel and all! Living out in the woods that way is so pleasant. No wonder you don't travel much.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely there, Jackie.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Jackie!

Raleigh, NC

don't apologize Jackie, for the photos - I see iris clumps there! and water iris...they look incredibly happy.

no sweat, Janet, I thought I had offended you!

found my camera to PC cable last night, DH is downloading two photos of Lady Friend, from two different sources. They are very very slightly different. but maybe not. Hopefully irisloverdee will tell me....

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

^_^

I am just so happy to be here I tend to want to share. I feel like I live in Paradise. I worked most of my life as a bookeeper in a window less office......Understandably I love nature and the outdoors

this is one rhizome of Broadband I planted last august

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Jackie, that is beautiful!

Here is yet another clump of no id....they are a beautiful blue though...got them in a trade too...not sure from whom, but I am trying to figure it out..lol

Thumbnail by JanetS

Janet , your just the one this morning.......didn't I see a post from you on this one? I need an ID

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is Bravado...it is such a stunning Iris in the garden! This is one of the ones I thought was mislabeled because of the picture on the label...it showed it as white lined in golden yellow...but after a little research, I see this is exactly what it is supposed to look like, and I love it!!!

Thumbnail by JanetS

This one is labeled Inspiration.....sry I can't help ID the blue, there are so many

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Jackie, I don't think that is one that I posted...it is certainly one I would love to have though...lol It looks like some of the older heirlooms too. All of mine have not come in yet, and I have some blooming still that I don't have pics of, but will take more later today...and see if I may have that one. It does remind me of one I "thought" I had last year...

Yes, there a zillion blues and unless I can find the trade, and it HAD a name, I won't even try to id that one...but I will enjoy the color! It is just wonderful!

That is a beautiful Yellow........or Gold? Don't they just light up the garden? This is one of my favorite old faithfuls and I have never been able to ID it

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Raleigh, NC

I have a front slope with over 180 different ones planted close together. 60% planted last year, 15% 2nd year, 35% 3rd year clumps. they are coming up oddly this year, but then again we're having an odd weather year. Keep hoping I can get a photo for this thread.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, the yellow/gold ones do light up the garden..in any flowers, yellow is a brightener! I love that one too...I have one similar that hasn't bloomed yet...it is mostly creamy white with yellow lining...I know the name, but it is not coming to me right now..lol

Oh girl! post pictures when you can. I"ll bet it is beautiful

this is a picture toward the water iris taken about daylight this morning

Thumbnail by jackieshar

boy! a slope with so many.....I"ll bet that is fantastic when in bloom...you may apply to be my next best friend..;>)........most of what I have came from trades and I sure have met some GREAT iris loving people

here's a miss-named beauty

Thumbnail by jackieshar
South Hamilton, MA

The Bravado picture is correct. We no longer have it but grew it 30 yrs, ago in CT.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks IrisMa...it is really a large and beautiful flower, with tons of buds too. The clump really came in large this year! There is not a picture on the plantfiles, so I will try to take a really good one to post there.

Lebanon, OR

Derby Boy

Thumbnail by irisloverdee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.