Clump Shots

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

When I get home Wednesday I will post some of mine...all of these are just beautiful! I love clumps!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sounds as if you are having a ball Denise. Enjoy every moment!

Just came across this clump of Cordova

This message was edited Apr 21, 2008 6:56 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

In Irisloverdee's absence, I will post a clump shot from the convention. This is Mango Passion by Lauer. It held up very nicely to the heat in Texas.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is a clump of Fire and Brimstone by Sorensen, 2002. It was a very healthy looking clump and very bright in the garden.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Raleigh, NC

High Master - with our drought it's still a very little clump...

Thumbnail by bonjon
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful little clump though!

Raleigh, NC

isn't it? it was unimpressive first year. It's grown very little, but then neither did anything last year - our drought is pretty tough

Santa Ynez, CA

HI ALL Could have cried, as it frosted and I had at least 70 blooms toasted:( at least I took pic's the night before, but still it was really awesome. I am excited as I am going to hear Barry Blyth speak in Lancaster this weekend, should be great. hope you are enjoying the convention Dee. take care all Marie

Santa Ynez, CA

one of the frosted

Thumbnail by makj
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Makj I am so sorry that your frost ruined your iris. It should be great to hear from Barry Blyth. Maybe he'll have a lot of wonderful slides?

This is a clump of "Hot Ziggedy" outside the bedroom sliding doors. The iris to the left of the clump are Louisianas.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful. What's the name of the frosted one?

South Hamilton, MA

Barry's slides were shown after the final dinner as there was earlier trouble getting the correct equipment. You won't believe the colors. You have a treat coming!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Doss, your Louisiana's plus Hot Ziggedy are wonderful!

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Makj......sry.....I can relate, we had a late freak frost here too...got all my early bloomers, but thankfully the mid season bloomers are doing ok

small clump of Magic Pallet

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Magic Pallet is really beautiful, Jackie!

My Chinese Treasure I got from you last year will have a bloom today.Thank You..I will photo

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How nice! I am pleased to hear it is doing well for you. I have found it to be quite a good grower. You will soon have plenty to share. I look forward to the picture.

Santa Ynez, CA

the frosted one is Westpointer, awesome iris, am very excited about the Blyth banquet:)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Blyth is an amazing hybridizer. I suspect you will hear the same lecture we heard. It is very encouraging for new hybridizers. His colors are phenomenal. I mentioned to him that I was going to get Megharee, one of his, this year. He said, oh, that one is from a long time ago! I looked it up. It is from 1986 and doesn't look the least bit dated to me. See it at:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35622/

Chinese Treasure is from 1981 and I love it.

South Hamilton, MA

Hybridizers keep going forward & look several crosses ahead anyhow. Seeing into the future means progress. However some of the "back numbers" are good for us.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

After hearing Blyth's talk, I believe that he is thinking several generations ahead. I find it amazing that hybridizers don't keep plantings of every iris they have ever hybridized. I would! But, of course, hybridizers save their land for seedlings leaving it up to the rest of us too keep their oldies but goodies. Sigh. I am happy to do that.

Raleigh, NC

I'm with you - I'm amazed they don't keep one of everything, but then, folks like Schreiners, Blyth, Keppel and others would have no room for seedlings, you're so right!

Think it was Dee Stewart that told me Blyth and Keppel, working together, are one generation ahead of us all.

My Chinese Treasure from Blyth and my NM friend...... blooming great today...just planted last summer

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Clump of Art Deco, just opened!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Clump of Red Zinger

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Indian Giver.

Thumbnail by JanetS

ooooo Janet that red zinger!!!!! I"ll be glad when I have clumps, I planted it near Beverly Sills......quite a contrasting effect

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am thinking of moving some in front of Indian Giver in my back garden....it is truly a beauty! I have a pink one that is shorter as well, I just found the name for it...I will post it in a minute too...it has some pretty mauve colors in it as well!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Glad to see the progeny of my Chinese Treasure doing so well for you. Mine aren't even close to blooming yet. I have come to respect Oklahoma as a great place to grow iris ever since the Convention last year

Janet S. I, too, love your red zinger. Indian Giver does have lovely colors as well.

This message was edited Apr 24, 2008 8:42 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This a clump of one named "Muse" it is an early bloomer for me and shorter than most others I have...I think it is in the same class as Art Deco, they are both shorter for me.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks! I am going out now to take some more pictures...lol Can't get enough, and more opening everyday!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Anyone know this beauty?

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Janet S,
Muse is a beauty! I wouldn't mind having that one in my collection!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is another closer shot of Muse...this was in the morning sun, so it is showing lighter.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Very nice!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is Painted Cloud in my front bed...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Clump of the unknown one I asked about above...received in a DG trade. Actually you can see several of my Iris in this photo..I just love them!!!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Another beauty! It looks very much like a noid that I have. I will attach a picture. See if you agree.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, your unknown iris is a knock-out. Just because we don't know the names doesn't make them less beautiful. The pink I attached came with the house and the owner moved away before we bought it. Oh well.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I think it is the same..here is another shot and it is ironically from the same angle as yours...lol Painted Cloud.

Thumbnail by JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.