Flying Circus

Posting because I NEED SPRING, tried of Rain.:(

D

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

pretty!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

So pretty Dee!

(I am so anxious to get back east next month to see how all the iris I had you send to me at my Dad's have fared the winter!)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful clumps Dee. Here's Harvest of Memories

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sea Power

Thumbnail by doss
Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Sea Power, thats one i have got to get my hands. This summer!

Lebanon, OR

Beautiful Doss as always.

makj hope dad's iris do well:)

Sea Power is a MUST HAVE IN THE GARDEN in my opinion
D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

They are still under snow today Dee! But I'm sure they are going to be gorgeous!!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Another wonderful cultivar. Dusky Challenger

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Cordoba

Thumbnail by doss
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Dee-

Why Sea Power?

I admit I haven't seen it in person and I'm not particularly fond of very ruffled ones, but why do you like this one so much?

Thanks, everyone, for the pics. As hard as I look each evening, I still can't find any buds forming yet.........

Neil

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

shock and awe that's why....first clump of seapower in my garden last year

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Lebanon, OR

Neil

Sea Power just makes some of the best crosses out there, very fertile either way and what it is throwing is why I think it is a must.

I am not a self person on the whole but this is such as excellent flower in a mixed bed that it showcases the bed and makes everything around it stand out.

D

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

That is a pretty clump, Jackieshar, I'll grant you that. Still don't think it will make its way into my garden....

Neil

Lebanon, OR

Hug

Lebanon, OR

Flirting

Lebanon, OR

Bourguois

Lebanon, OR

Blush of Youth

South Hamilton, MA

Great pictures. I have plans for Aurora Sea this year as I had a bunch of glaciatas & their luminata sib appear which need help with shape.

Lebanon, OR

Great to help that problem...good luck
D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful Dee. Thanks for posting these.

Lebanon, OR

Coral Point

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I need one of everything!!!!!

Lebanon, OR

I even have more

D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

oh I know you do.......and I want one of every single one!!!!! I'm thinking about taking one of the gardens at Dad's way out back and making it all iris!!!!

Lebanon, OR

Really, as hard as this is to say there other flowers beside iris, siberians, japanese, species, PCN, Spuria, Juno, Retic's, and Dutch:) LOL

D

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm so ready mentally for bloom,
but of course beds need cleaning and it been to cold .
I think i will be playing catch up with bloom stalks . and that is dangerous i always break one or two or three ? LOL

Lebanon, OR

Well I got the clean up done, the second round of pre emgerent, the lime and started weeding but the rain is making very differcult to try to get it all done before I leave on the 8th for Nationals.

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's a clump of Pacific Coast Iris (PCI)

Thumbnail by doss
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have been away for a while but am delighted to see all the new pictures posted here! There are so many I didn't know about or was barely aware of! I do know that I love PCI's but that I don't live where they grow.
I was just in the Los Angeles area and took a little time to go to the Huntington Gardens. Their only blooming iris were, at least by their claim, fiorentina, orris root, but there were plenty of them.
I so envy those of you who live in coastal California. The climate is so forgiving. I saw azaleas, camellias, clivias and a few roses. Spring comes so early to you there!

Santa Ynez, CA

HI DEE GREAT IRIS PIC'S My iris are coming along, some are blooming and I can see a lot on the way:) the wind is really blowing though, I may have to get to them before they get too hammered.

Raleigh, NC

OK Dee - you're the one that told me a lot of Lady friend sold out there are really imitators - where's my camera to PC cable? I've got a photo of my clump and a close up...... you're the iris judge - is this the real thing?

drat - where's that >>>>>sweet little thang?

you have to start a new thread and tell us all about the convention. I"M DYING to hear,

Oh Cable? where are you cable?

Raleigh, NC

forgot to ask, are these clumps from the conventions gardens?

Raleigh, NC

oops - guess not - you started in March

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

My friend's patch of unnamed historics

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Lebanon, OR

Hi All

Well can not start posting convention pictures until I return home as I am still in Austin:)

Will not leave for home until the 23rd.

Sun did alot of catch up and a little running the down to Riverwalk, and the Alamo

Today went to the Natural Bridge Caves which was really cool in both ways, then over to the safari park and almost had a zebra and emu in the car and we did not feed them, they just were photo hams

Took tons of wildflower pictures, animal pictures and caves today. Then down to Lockheart which is a very old town.

Tomorrow heading down to Fredicksburg for more wild flower pictures.

No to your question about are they from this year? How can we have iris in bloom as we had 1/2 to 3/4" SNOW Sunday night....

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.