Chit Chat... Everyone welcome. Part 13

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Tam you don't know what old is. I am older than dirt!!!

Lucy looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow nite to brag?

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Yep, they are ruining everything we planned. lol : )

Was that lil plant you gave me in the lil pot, the other day, one of those sunflower/daisy plants?

yes did you plant them in the same place?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, don't I count?! LOL
Older than dirt, now that must be pretty old there Linda!
Running for cover very fast now! HA HA HA

Love ya Princess Kathy and Miss Traci

We could tell you, Tammy, but it wouldn't mean anything to you. I'll D-mail you and tell you what we saw. : )

this is my kity in the top of my starfruit tree.

Thumbnail by LeePerk

sorry tam did lucy d-mail you. Didn't mean to be rude?

That's cute, Linda. Poor thing couldn't get the bird, and had to back down.

Oh, Linda, I looked at my hydrangea, and it has blooms just like yours, but no bloom on that other plant. I forgot what it's called.

Lucy are your blooms bigger than mine? What other plant are you talking about.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

It's ok, Lucy did Dmail me about it! :)
Her bloom's bigger than yours is! HA HA HA

Princess Kathy is a dear and I love Miss Cathy

No, my blooms are about the same size, maybe smaller. The other plant is that amarylis(sp) leafed plant, that I ask you about did the cold or the sun burn the leaves.

oh thats the Clivia!!!

LOL, Tammy. I started to tell her...Yes, my blooms are WAY bigger. lol

Ok, my Clivia does not have a bloom coming on. : (

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OK, I just found something new to add to my want list! LOL

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1870/

Love you Miss Traci and Princess Kathy

Yes, those are pretty. : ) I don't have any of them, tho.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I really need to quit looking at pictures on here, though! LOL I will need to figure out how to enlarge my yard, or buy a LOT more pots! HA HA HA DH's Mom called earlier and wanted to see if we would think about fixing up the MIL's Cottage for his brother to rent. Guess she forgot that it is going to be my other green house! :)

Bowing to Princess Kathy
Sending love to Miss Robbi

Oh my, hurry up and throw your plants in there, and say it's already occupied. lol

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

It's weird to me that those Golden Shrimp Plants are classified in another genus from the usual red (red/yellow, sometimes all yellow, and sometimes 'fruit cocktail') varieties. Most shrimp plants are Justicia brandegeana, but this one is Pachystachys lutea (and I see that there is also a red variety, P. coccinnea). They all look the same to me in structure, but apparently the botanists see some difference.

I do have a yellow-flowering shrimp plant, but I've never figured out if it is Justicia brandegeana or Pachystachys lutea. If it doesn't matter to you which it is, I can get some cuttings.

The shrimp plant that is in our zoo plant collection and which I think is THE most spectacular is Justicia aurea http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59783/). All my attempts at propagating it from cuttings have failed, but I'm not going to give up!

I'm up too late and still have to throw uniforms into the washer to have them ready in the morning to be at work by 7 AM, so I'm outta' here! Goodnight, all.

Jeremy

I like that Justicia aurea. It's a pretty plant. : )
Nite Jeremy.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh too cool, Jeremy! I would love to have some, even if it is a NOID!!! And thanks for the reminder of the wash, cause I told my son I'd get his in the dryer! LOL Nitey night, and thanks again!!!

Lucy, I have images of a flowering outhouse in my head now! LOL

Hi Princess Kathy
Love to Miss Joan

Nite jeremy!!!

Nite ladies I am tard and have to go to bed. Catch you later.

Nite, Linda. This must mean you are going to get up before 11 am in the morning. lol..fat chance.

Flowering outhouse. lol : ) I have seen some old outhouses fixed up really pretty with flowers.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nite Linda! :)

Knowing our City Ordinances, if I had something like that they would make me get rid of it! LOL

Linda, I'm thinking your sunflower/daisy looking flowers shown at the top of this page are some kind of Rudbeckia. But, I can't find which one they may be. You said these things get really tall, enuff that the flop over. About how tall would your estimate be?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning {{{all}}}.

Thanks Jeremy, I know but it will be nicer when I also have things to offer as well (working on it). O.k. I will have a sniff at the leaves and see if they remind me of anything .
Looking forward to seeing the article .

Wow that was weird I typed up a whole load of stuff and the box was blank.I should look at the screen when I type instead of the keyboard, dang batteries had run out. Well I guess it just continues a weird night. The cat throwing herself at the bedroom door at 3.00am, well as soon as I wake the coffee taste buds start firing up so I just had to have one. Then I get all nicely snuggled in again and the dogs decide to hold a concert , o.k. get dressed and see what is going on ..nothing that I could see/hear anyway. So that is it , up for the day.

Great picture your son did misty :)

Aren't they Bolivian Sunflowers?. I planted some last week .

I hadn't seen the yellow justica only the pink ones ( which I had been ogling for awhile.) .
But anyway for now I recently bought the Giant Shrimp ( forget the name, will have to find it. ) but anyway hopefully when it grows up a bit I will have that to share.

A couple of my sages are flowering so I am thrilled with that. The black one is only tiny as well. Might take some pictures when it gets daylight.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This is the red shrimp plant I bought.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54077/

and I think this may be your sunflowers. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59827/

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I think this might be the sunflowers: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/10128/

The leaves on the tithonia aren't right.

I know a lady who lives further up the state who grows the tithonia diversifolia. Her's tower over us in height even though they die back every winter. I can't seem to get mine to grow more than a foot all summer.

Fleurone, you are up mighty early, you even beat me checking in here. I must say that after I put the coffee on I crawled back under the blanket, but one of the dogs wouldn't let me stay there. She wanted her breakfast.

My youngun' (34, 35 in May, of which I am reminded when I look in the mirror and see my wattle getting looser ever day, old as dirt old) has been having a hard time getting up in the morning since he's not alone in there anymore. But he's finally getting to moving and we'll need to be off to work shortly.

Nothing new to report since last evening so will leave you with,

Good morning!!!! Have a great day!!!

Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning Molly, I am usually up around 6.00 but had a bad night last night.

You are right about the sunflower, guess it was too early for me to see the leaves :)

Coral Springs, FL

Jeremy, I have also been trying to get cuttings of the yellow shrimp plant to root with no luck. I have several of them and they're gorgeous. I can bring cuttings to the RU if anyone wants to try their luck at getting them to grow. I've tried at least 6 time at different times of the year.
You're all making me feel old. I have a 37 year old! What every happened to all those years.
Mollly - sound like you have the same stranger in your mirror that I do. My mirror has some old woman with lots of wrinkles - think I need to get a new mirror!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

How About Poatoes

Thumbnail by phicks
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Morning all. Thanks fleur!
That's some cool looking taters. :)

Hi Princess Kathy
Love to Miss Robbi

I believe you are right on the sunflower, Ms Molly. : ) Swamp Sunflower it is. : ) Thanks : )

Ginger, I bet it IS the mirrors. I never thought of that. Something is wrong with my new camera, also. It took a really ugly picture the other day of some wrinkled ole woman, and I was pointing it at myself. I better send it off for repair. : )
~Lucy

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Awww, just throw all the mirrors away. If we aren't used to ourselves by now, we never will be. Actually, the "myself" of me is only about 3-4 years. Changes make things different than they used to be.

I refuse to suffer and to continue to suck my belly in for the rest of my life and for naught. Society has done this to our psychs and quite frankly, let the young girls deal with all that now.

Now, I have to get out with the youngun to sow some wildflower seeds.

Later,
Molly
:^)))

Lucy they get 8 -10' tall but like i said i am going to trim my back this year. BTW my camera takes pictures of wrinkled old ladies also but I am with Molly I am going to let the younger girls worry about sucking those bellys in. I am to old for that nonsense and way to old for panty hose and high high heels.

Fleur, I do have that sunflower you put the link to but its not the one in the picture. I am not sure Molly it is the one you posted either. It does look a lot like it but i am just not sure. It could be though. I know they reproduce quickly. The one Fleur posted roots with no problem as well.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i still look 25

Yes, I noticed that, Paul. How do you keep your figure? : )

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

on ice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.