Chit Chat... Everyone welcome. Part 13

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Time to start a new thread, Anyone and everyone, feel free to join in. : )
We came from here>>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/822520/

Good evening, everybody. : )

LeePerk's sunflowers below. : )

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer

Linda, maybe tomorrow afternoon, I can come get the flowers. Are you gonna be home?

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

yes, i plan to

that would be a good time to get them.

Did you see that Kangaroo forum? I want some of them!

Oh, I want some of those KPaws, too. Do you want this other white climbing rose I have outback in a pot?

Of course!!!lol

Ok, I'll bring it, and a couple of Lady in Red salvias for your hummingbirds. What time is good for you?

Mid afternoon. I go to church in am should be home and done with lunch by 2:30. I had to ck all my doors to make sure they are locked (i have 7 in this hse) i am alone tonite.

Scary.
I was just thinking the other day, about if I had to live alone. I don't know if I could living right here. If you get scared, call me. I'll get DH to go scare the boogers away for you. : )

I notice you said DH not you!!!! lol It really doesn't bother me to be by myself. I have the security system and guns in the house. It wouldn't do for anyone to try to get in here. I am a pretty good shot with a pistol and i wouldn't be afraid to use it.

Well, if you had a booger, I wouldn't be coming alone. lol : ) Next time, if you want, I can come stay with you. I don't mind. : )

Thanks Lucy you are so sweet. Any of my sisters would also but it really doesn't bother me.

Lucy have you ever heard of that Kangaroo plant? I hadn't.

No, I don't think I have ever seen one, that I know of. Did you and your friend have a good time?

yes we did. she is really not doing very well though. She looks good but after being with her for several days i can tell it is going to be down hill for her. I really wanted to work in my yd while my DH was gone but I am glad i took that time to spend time with her.

I know that breaks your heart to see her go down like that. Maybe God will have mercy. When will your DH be back, and is he bringing us any new plants? lol

He will be back tomorrow evening not sure when but not bringing any plants that i am aware of . Elaine is at Callaway Gardens.

Callaway Gardens??? Well, that ole smarty pants gets to go to all the good places. : ) She should have left us some plants, before she left. lol

maybe she will get us some at callaway gardens. i have to go to bed so i can get up in the am. come on out about 2:30 or 3:00 tomorrow.

You really think she will think of US?..LOL

OK, Nite, Nite, see ya tomorrow, probably closer to 2:30. : )

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Fleur -- don't ever feel you are being a "pest" by mentioning plants you would like to have. Getting to pass along plants to other DG friends is one of the nicest priveleges of being a member here. And in the case of the Clerodendrum species you wanted, there would have been plenty of us to share any of them that we had.

Sorry about the lack of translation of "Geritol" and "Flintstone's Vitamins" to your language and culture, but when when you get the Clerodendrum bungei, crush a leaf and smell it. I'm sure you will have your own memory of a vitamin tonic that has the smell! It is unmistakable!

I'm up early today, determined to send my Jurassic Garden article on to Dave. I didn't realize how long I had been working on it (off and on) until I noticed a reference to my 8 month old kitten, Tippy, who is now 1 year old! Every time I think I am about to wrap the article up, some tidbit of info or new idea for a trick to try with the publishing software comes along. This article will have a .gif animated section similar to a comic strip!

Jeremy

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Hey Jeremy,

Nice to see you up with the early birds. I have a plate of yesterdays loaded hash browns and eggs in front of me. When I finish we are going outside to beat that "LIST" into submission.

And that was a problem, going to the nursery. Not only do I have the other cleanup chores to do, now I have to put in several more plants and the two trees.

We did get the plastic down and the "Orchid House" looks great now. Those two castor bean trees that snuck in as seeds will be hitting the roof by summers end. My bf asked what I was going to do when that happened. I suggested that we just let them freeze next frost. Ha!!!!! NOT. I may have to cut their heads off though.

It was quite windy last night while we sat out there in the patio chairs. The night blooming jasmine was intent on tickling the top of my head and ears. That's another that I let stay in the ground inside the Orchid House, and the citrus blooms off the tangerine tree kept the air fragrant.

Looking forward to your newest article Jeremy! Hurry!

Molly
:^)))

Well, Ms Linda, I enjoyed our visit today. Thanks for the ice tea, and coffee. : ) I came home, took a 15 nap, and went outside and planted all those sunflower/daisy looking plants. I put them out by an old stump, by Old Bradenton Rd. They can spread all they want out there.

Then, I cut down my Mexican petunia hedge to about 10 to 12 inches. Still have a few more to finish, but it started getting dark. Tomorrow I will plant the roses, and separate some salvia seedling. Probably plant more seeds, also.

Did your DH make it home? Tell him, I thought he did a good job with that trellis for your vines. He needs to come over here, and make me one. : )

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008 9:41 PM

Ms Lucy I to enjoyed the visit. Yes, DH is home safe and sound.

I planted my salvia and got my roses watered but i have to think about where i am going to plant that hibiscus thingy. I have to make a wally world run tomorrow to get bird seed.

WHERE IS RENE & ELAINE? AND TAMMY?

We can't brag about what we saw today if they are not on here! right?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Linda! I have just been sitting back lurking and enjoying all the pics and slobbering! ☻
Hi everyone!! ♥

Love to Princess Kathy and Miss Beckie!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, I am bone tired and face burned tonight. BF and I made a deal. I will get all my work done this weekend and next weekend we'll go visiting, riding or whatever.

He hung around for a little while today and helped bring the shelves and seedlings out to the orchid house. I did a lot of transplanting and moving things around. Watered all the flower beds and veggies.

Found everything germinating in veggies except for the corn and watermelon. I expect they'll be along any day now.

We need to plant a gazillion wildflower seeds this week and Heaven has promised after her homework she will help. Much better for her than to sit in the house watching tv after school. Her other DGM let's her do that and makes her think she should eat because she is bored. Well, we won't let the little one get bored now, will we?

Think I shall turn in now, very tired. But I'll wake yall up about 5:30 in the AM. Nite's

Molly

Nite, Molly. : ) I don't think your GK's can keep up with you. LOL The only vegs I have growing are tomatoes, and rutabegas. I love rutabegas. : )

Hi Tammy, everytime I get on here, I find more things I want to plant. Life is good in that department. : )

Linda, I have no idea where your sister and niece are. We have to brag tho. lol : )

hello Tam!!!

Nite Molly sweet dreams!

Elaine, guess what WE saw, today. You get 3 guesses. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Lucy and Linda! :) Yes, I am always seeing new things I THINK I need! Especially from you all! LOL Ok, I have to brag on my oldest son and his drawing of himself! And his teacher is only giving him a B right now!
Nite Molly!

Love to Princess Kathy and Miss Traci

Thumbnail by mistygardener

A 'B' ? Geez, that's an A++++ if I've ever seen an A++++. Great job, and a cute young man, you have there, Tammy.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Lucy! He isn't done with it just yet, but was getting aggravated so I told him to stop before he messes it up. She wants EVERY minute detail that is in the picture to be in the drawing, which will be quite difficult.

All my love to Miss Cathy and Princess Kathy!

Very nice Tam that looks like an A+ to me. Hey keep him away from my girls he is cute!!!

I can't find anything wrong with that picture. Tell him to add a zit to his nose (for the teacher), and call it finished. lol ; )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Linda! His girlfriend should do well at keeping him away from your girls! :)

All my love to Miss Joan and Princess Kathy!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG Lucy! ROTFLOL

Oops! Love ya Miss Robbi and Princess Kathy!

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008 9:24 PM

How old is he Tam?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

He just turned 16 on New Years Eve. Man I feel old! LOL

Love to Princess Kathy and Miss Beckie

Wait till he turns 31, and see how old you feel. lol I don't know how mine got that old, so fast. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't even wanna think about that, Lucy! LOL

Hi Princess Kathy.

Love to Miss Cathy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.