Dog looking for home on Craig's List

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gracious - saw this sweet face and I had to post the link here!!! If only I didn't already have 3 in a TH...mercy!
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pet/596773350.html

Thumbnail by Chantell
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

OH MY! Surely he'll go quick. My heart would be breaking if I took that picture of my pup- to give it away

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

She's *adorable*!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I sure hope she gets a nice home. Look at that sweet face and her markings are beautiful.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I have two cats and one puppy with those markings - she certainly would fit right in here. I wish that the timing was wRight. *sigh*

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry all...I wasn't posting her here to upset anyone...just hoping to get her more "air" time...never know who knows someone who could provide a lifetime home...wrightie, if she's well mannered she'd probably be a help in training the new little guy...hmmmm????

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL ... if only it were that simple, C. She does sound like a sHweetie, though.

Actually ... in hindsight, in my county, I don't even think that I could legally own her breed, so that would rule me out even if I could take her.

This message was edited Mar 6, 2008 9:25 PM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Mercy please no one get me started on BSL...Dave would not look kindly upon my rants!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

SORRY! I have the same stance as you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Me three.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know, my friend...many on here do...just gets the pulse going...and not in a good way...so sad. The fact that I'm drawn to those "types" of breeds doesn't help. Although I'm proud to say (just like Diane's) mine are great ambassadors to their breed (proud mama beaming)!!!

LOL - was typing while you responded, Diane...knew i was gonna mention you eh?

This message was edited Mar 6, 2008 9:32 PM

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm biting my tongue. Back to the subject at hand, she's a really beautiful dog and looks so sweet. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful pet for someone. Have you posted this in the pet forum, Chantell? Someone there might be interested.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I used to walk that same path when I had a (the world's greatest) Rottie. I sooo loved proving the doubting thomas' wrong!

Nowadays, I have a slightly different battle due to the sheer size of my breed.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Cross-posted with Hart...

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hutch needs a mate. Not sure she would like him, though. He can be a bit much (non-stop smooch pooch.) Plus, I have to convince my DH.....But if you see another Jack Russell for rescue, please let me know. I had several offers once but somebody always beat me to it.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

FnFF, do you know this group? http://www.russellrescue.com/aboutus.php4

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

FNF - I will keep my eye out for you...Wrightie gave you a good link there...also check Petfinder

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I only wish I could... I looked at this dog yesterday and cryed as she could be kin to our Darla... Her is a group pic.. As I type I have 3 pits in the house 1 Dalmation and 5 chihuahuas; Gotta love them...
Hugs,
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Those pictures are all wonderful, Susan, but the one on the green dog bed is to die for.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much... Two of them on the bed are mine and the black one I Neo and also the blue one is Marty in the water is my sons Daves... They are wonderful dogs... We have never had dog fights as some people tell me I lie about but they just don't know how good some can be... Now I won't say there has been two times as they were all playing and rolling down the hill one had to have stitches as a tooth got caught in a leg and the other was just a gash...
I have my sons dogs this week as one is having issues with eating things they lay around there house and this past week she has passed one now mind you my spelling is awful so please bear with me... but one ballarina slipper and then a ten inch nickel size cloth and then this morning she up chucked the second slipper... I try to tell them they need to crate her when they are not home and I want to smack the spit out of them both but is not the dogs fault but theres... So I took over her care this week and this coming week to make sure Marty is ok... I have had her to the Vets as I work for one and so far she is doing ok... If she has anything else in her we are not sure but if a blockage happens I know who and what to do... We just don't want to do surgery if we don't have to. The dog is not in pain and wants to eat an play so all signs are good.. but could turn on a dime at any give min. so that is why she is here and I am still up... My son Mike take over from here and i get up early and start the maylocks and chicken and rice for the rest of the day...
My dogs and other pets are like my family... I hurt when one of them hurts... I did beat the new cat Fred today when we found him hanging on the bird cage... Bad kitty... I really did not beat him he was put to time out...LOL
Hugs,
Susan

This message was edited Mar 8, 2008 11:13 PM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Please be sure to let us know that Marty makes it through this period without incident! (Or, I should say, without any more incidents). Maybe she/he is a closet ballerina.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2008 11:25 PM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Susan...God bless you...our dogs can test us the same as kids, can't they? Probably told you before but that black and white double patched pit looks identical to one I had years ago...so cute!!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I will keep you all posted... I am hoping for a better day tomorrow for her... She is a fighter for sure, any other dog would either be dead or worse blocked and the owner not knowing what is going on... I could really smack my son right about now but what good would it do... It took a week for her to get up the second shoe so I am hoping no more is in her... She looks like a starved dog at this point... Nothing I can do for that at this point... I will say this if it does not get any better by Monday my boss and I will open her up and see what is going on. That is just a very very big surgery and allot of recoup for Marty... if she makes it off the table... I see more come off then not so I keep saying all will get better one way or the other... My sons almost wife is a slob and my son works his butt off and I will say she dances and is going to school for nursing and will graduate this next month but if they can't take care of them they don't deserve them... My son cleans does dishes washes the clothes and this is after 10 12 hours of work... She comes homes and whines.... KIDS..... I like my 4 legged sometimes better then the two legged ones... Ok I just had her out and no pooping so this is good and I am off to bed...
Hugs,
susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

The black and white one is Darla and my family got her for me for my 50th birthday present... She is a sweetie... As are all of them... Sorry I ranted but sometimes just need an ear and a hug... Here is a picture of Fred... He is also the newest addition to the family and I forgot how cute and bad they can be...LOLOL Gotta love Fred...
Hugs,
susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Susan, you crack me up.

I love all of the pictures! I'm a sucker for your b&w's. Sending lots of healing thoughts Marty's way, "This, too, shall pass. This, too, shall pass. This, too, shall pass."
Sending clean (& tidy) thoughts to the Almost Wife, "Suck it up. Suck it up. Suck it up." heh heh

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Well Marty is going to have surgery on Tuesday.. She is not in anypain as I type but is now having problems keeping food down.. If you are wondering why not tomorrow is because we now have to keep her on fluids until what she can pass will pass and her gut when we go in has nothing else in it for infection... I will keep you all posted...
Hugs,
Susan

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Ugh. I'm so sorry for that, Susan. Thinking of you all and hoping for a very positive outcome!

xoxo
w

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

We will be thinking of Marty on Tuesday.

{{HUGS}}

Chris, Mary Chris & Penny

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Susan, I hope Marty will be okay. Poor thing. He's lucky he has you to take care of him.

Darla does look just like the puppy up for adoption. Sure you don't want a matched pair? LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Susan...I'm so sorry!!! But very thankful that Marty has you and your knowledge to help him thru this. Will keep him in my prayers for sure!!!
You know it's ok to rant any time...humans can be very frustrating for sure!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I am so sorry -- I was really confident that nature would take care of it. Poor baby; he must be miserable. He won't ever look at another ballet shoe after all this!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

She is still looking good but now she is not keeping her food down... so that means a blockage... So now I will clean her out with just fluids until Tuesday..... She is a very strong dog and I think the outcome will be ok... She is a fighter....
Hart I would love a matching pair but cant afford to take on another one... I have 7 dog, 3 cats and one bird.... If I did not work where I work I could not afford the ones I have...LOL Oh and I also tend to Davids dogs as far as shots,heartworm etc...
I will keep you all posted on her progress..
Hugs,
Susan

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Susan, your posting this description is very helpful to me, and probably many others. Thanks for describing how a blockage would 'present' in a dog ... and then what to do for it.

Smooch Smooch

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

First signs are the dog acts sick and can't keep anything down and it comes out there butts in liquid like a hose is pouring out... She is the odd one that she feels good.. Most are down and feeling like crap.... She ate allot... one slipper stayed in her stomach for a week... but up until now she was not puking ... Now she is... If you ever see your pet eat something you know it should not induce vomiting.. if it were not a costic or acid liquid.. goes my spelling is worse then most days...LOL The most important thing is to call your vet and see what they have to say... We may tell you to wait a day and pack your dog with rice and boiled chicken to help it pass but if not take to vet and have it removed.... I really thought we were over the hump but as you can see we are not.. I am still in belief she is going to pull through this fine.. She is a trooper... oh and a pooper...LOL
Hugs,
Susan

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I wonder if a deep-chested breed that tends to "bloat" (aka colic) would behave in the same manner, or if they would bloat. I was very very lucky with my last dog -- I hope that I will be able to say the same with this next pup. I'm a crate-trainer though, so hopefully we'll avoid any serious "drama." Ugh.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

So is she crate trained but when you are a princess and you just let the dog roam and you are also a slob dog eats what it likes.... Stupid stupid people... Is why I say I like animals some times better then people....
Pits are fighters also... They have a very strong will to live... She does for sure... She will stay with me I will say for at least the next month for recoup... They have to many stairs for her just to get in and out and here I know what she is doing ... Even when I work my mother in law lives here and she will take her in and out for me... You know the funny thing is, is that she is not my favorite dog... I don't know there was always something there that I could not get as close to her as the others... Well lastnight she sat with me on the couch and looked at me with these eyes that said save me... I love you... Well now I am crying from guilt as maybe I did not try hard enough with her as now I love her and will do anything and I do mean anything as this surgery is expensive and my son does not have the money to do this.. and yes I work for the vet but I do not expect her to take this as a free be so I will be paying the 600-800 vet bill as she is one of mine now... I feel for her... over xmas my others sons dog got hit by car and my GD who is 6 had a very hard month in Dec.. We had to put her dog to sleep then her mom had there new baby on the 17 of dec then on the 27 almost died from a bleed out... So I feel that I could not save Nadias dog but I will save this one if I can... Gosh I have to go to the store and am now crying like a baby... Sorry all... thankyou all for the ears.
Susan

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh Susan, I am aching for your and Nadia and Marty.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gentle hugs (((Susan))) being sent your way....many prayer for that pup!! Pup is blessed to have you Susan...no guilt...no regrets...they will only rob you of strength!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Good news I hope... Marty pooped this morning and it was normal and she has been fed today two times and she has kept it down... Called boss Pravia(Vet) this morning and she said surgery is off ... We are going to watch her closely but formed poop is/was good sign... I am thrilled so is she...LOL
Thank you all so much for all your support and caring.... I am also glad for your ears ... I still may need them but will keep you posted...
Hugs and Love,
Susan

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Well, I am glad to hear that Marty has improved, Susan. That is encouraging news!

Wrightie--thanks for the link. Yes, I've seen the JRT Rescue site before. Most of the dogs are from out of State, which makes it kinda hard to get one. It's best to check local shelters, though I know there are more JRT's out in the country than in the city. They are country dogs. Some city people around here make the mistake of thinking they're apartment dogs because they're small and cute, and then want to get rid of them after the JRT tears their apartment up trying to get outside. Those are the ones I'm looking for..... Thanks for helping to keep a look out for me, Chantell!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.