PNW 2008 Planned Events Calendar

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Sep 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Thumbnail by rachierabbit
Sammamish, WA(Zone 7b)

The King County Master Gardener annual plant sale is May 3rd and 4th at the UW Center for Urban Horticulture.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, portiaw. Is this the best link? There's lots of stuff on this calendar . . .

http://depts.washington.edu/hortlib/calendar/tours_sales.php

This message was edited Mar 6, 2008 11:08 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Rach - you've been awesome with that calendar. Yikes!!

Here's Daniel J. Hinkley, Plantsman,'s schedule: http://www.danieljhinkley.com/cal.php. He's going to be in Kingston on April 16th and at the Woodinville Water District (close to me) on April 26th.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I just posted Dan's presentation schedule on the PNW classes and presentations thread, have a look when you get a chance everyone! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/820532/

Credit for all of the events in the calendar goes to Sue, she has been working her fingers to the bone :0)

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Huh? where? which thread? which calendar?

I am so confused. I must have smoked the calendar by mistake.

Is there a calendar? Is there a thread for items to go on it? What is this thread for? My confusion? Confusing others?

I am so confused

Rob
at least my DL says so.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Rob - check the first post in this thread. The calendar link is in the fourth paragraph of that post.

This thread is to ask for things to be added by naming the event.

Kathy

Duh.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

:-)

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

Rachel, I clicked on the Dan H link but got no responce. Jim

Probably should consider adding the calendar for the Center for Urban Hortaculture calendar to ours. It lists a number of great events for all gardeners. http://depts.washington.edu/urbhort/html/education/events.php

March 22, 2008: 4th Annual PRKC Neighborhood Seed and Plant Exchange

10-11am, Duthie Hill Park Parking Lot, 27101 S.E. Duthie Hill Road (Across from Trossachs)

Gardeners and plant enthusiasts are invited to bring extra seeds and plants to Duthie Hill Park to exchange with fellow gardeners.

What is exchanged: Last year's seeds, starts, separated plants, mature plants and bulbs of all types.

What to bring:
- A sharpie and envelopes for the seeds you plan to take.
- Seeds you plan to share or leave in marked envelopes
- Plants you plan to leave with some type of labeling of common or scientific names. Plants can be brought in paper bags, pots or plastic shopping bags.

Cost: There is no cost to participate or for the seeds and plants.

Other details: Anything left over will be given to local schools and community gardens. To the best of your ability, please make sure your plants are not invasive and are disease and pest free - when in doubt, please leave it home. Dress warm and you may want to bring a hot drink if it is cold and rainy - we will be meeting outside.

For more information, please visit www.prkc.org.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Vashon Island Garden Tour (benefit for Vashon Allied Arts) Saturday and Sunday, June 21st and 22nd. $20 per person through May 31st, then $25 after that. http://www.vashonalliedarts.org/specialevents/gardentour/gardentour.htm

Battle Ground, WA(Zone 8a)

Where are the similar activities in Oregon posted? I'm thinking PNW includes more than the Seattle area. ;)

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

There is no specific researcher, and those who are adding the events are volunteers.

That's why we created this thread. We need you to post them here so they can be added to the calendar. What are the specific events in Oregon (or WA or ID, etc.) that you'd like to see?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The Mason County Master Gardener's Plant Sale is May 10th, 9:00 to 4:00 at the Mason County Fairgrounds just north of the Shelton exits on Hwy #101.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

SKY Native Plant Nursery Spring Sale
Friday and Saturday, 4/11 & 4/12 9am - 1pm

14713 S. Riverbend Road Mount Vernon, WA
(0.7 miles west of Blade Chevrolet)

SALE: 20% discount on all retail sales, and an additional 10% discount to PNTA members.

Hours:
The nursery itself is open by appointment only. If you'd like to visit the nursery, please call (360) 661-4280 to set up a time.

Driving Directions:
1-5 North or South to Exit #227 (College Way in Mount Vernon); turn west onto College Way; at Texaco station turn left onto Freeway Drive. Drive about half a mile to just past Blade Chevrolet. Turn right on South Riverbend Rd. and go about half a mile. The SKY Nursery will be on your right.

http://www.pnt.org/skynursery.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/628654140.html

Plant Exchange (Mountlake Terrace)
Reply to: sale-628654140@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-03, 6:49AM PDT

Saturday April 5th, 2008

10:00am-12:00pm

Terrace Creek Park

(known as Candy Cane Park)

23200 48th Avenue, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

(between 236th and 228th)

at the covered picnic area

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

I would like to know when any dahlia tuber sales would be here in Oregon.
Carol

Here is another event that probably should be on the calendar. Maybe we can also have a DG gathering at it.

http://www.springgardenfair.com/index.htm

Apparently Cisco, the Man will be there, along with Kellogg Products (manufacturer of Gardener and Bloome, Dr. Earth, Greenhouse, Gardener, and more products).

This message was edited Apr 12, 2008 7:49 PM

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, I am really going to expose my stupidity. I have only been living here for the past 3 years and you would think that I would know by now what zone I am in. I know I am PNW but what would you classify me as I live near the coast of Newport, Oregon. Just don't classify me as stupid. HEheh
Jan

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, now I really feel stupid as I reread my thread as it said right there that I am in zone 8b. Okay, you can all have a good laugh. You have my permission. Hehehehehheh

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Jan,
We are all here to support each other, no need to feel silly. Come visit the other PNW threads, they are great!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

9th Annual Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 19—10am - 4pm
Theme: Green Footprints. The Oregon Garden is going green! This year’s focus is on methods and meanings for lessoning our impact on the environment and natural resources, thereby “walking with green footprints.” Because of our commitment to community service and education, admission to The Garden and all Earth Day activities are FREE!

Mother’s Day
Sunday, May 11—10am to 6pm
Treat your mother to fun, flowers and food from our Garden Café while you tour The Garden on this special day. The perfect day for the perfect mother! Come early—the first 100 mothers receive a free flower.

More info on The Oregon gardens
http://www.oregongarden.org/index.html
Photo taken 5/13/07 May is a great month for Bearded Iris & Clematis!!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Harstine Island Garden Club Plant Sale
May 3rd 9-2 p.m. at the Harstine Community Hall
3190 East North Island Drive, Shelton, WA 98584

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

An update on the Mason County Master Gardener's Plant Sale May 10th. We have a Master Gardener who grows Dahlias and tomatoes for our plant sale. He usually has about 800 of each, all different varieties. His Dahlia bulds sell for $1.00 a tuber and his tomatoes are $1.50. We also grow a variety of tomatoes and other veggies. The Rhododendren Society has their show on that day and sometimes the Heath and Heather gal has heathers for sale. We are known for our great tomatoes and with this weather, now would be a good time to come on over and pick up some for your garden.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh how I wish I could. It is just an impossible venture for me just now. I am on Meds that wouldn't let me drive. I would die for some dahlia bulbs. Well, not die but I sure wish I could be there. My meds are because I almost did die. Hehe. Not funny I know.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Well we might as well laugh at this stage, it's good for you. If you would dmail me your address I will get some and mail them to you. Just let me know how many and what colors you would like and I'll pick them up. He has some almost black ones that are beautiful.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Geez, I would more or less die for some dahlias at that price too! That is a great deal and from a person who must know a lot about dahlias. Where is Union?
Carol

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Up north on Highway 101 from Olympia. If you type Union, Washington in at maps.google.com, you can see where it is.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The sale will be at the Mason Co. Fairgrounds which is just north of Shelton on Hwy #101. It is right next to the runway for the airport.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, that is so nice of you to offer to do that
for me. How sweet is that.
If you could get me 20 tubers all different colors. Your choice I would be glad to do that. My address is
Jan MacKay
174 NW 10th St
Toledo, OR
Give me your addy and I will mail you a Money Order or a check which ever you prefer. I could just mail you the cash to make everyones life easier. I will just hide it in a card. I guess I should wait to see what the postage will be.
Thank you so much for the glorious offer.
Thanks again
Jan

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I bet that a flat rate box would be the best bet for shipping Jan. You can pack it full and it can weigh up to 70 pounds all for one flat rate! :0) They even have two different sizes now http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page=flatrate You will have much wonderful color this summer/fall from those dahlias!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Willowwind2,
How would you like me to send you the money... before the show or before you send them. Let me know so I can make sure that you have the cash available. I'd hate to have you have to spend your cash on me. You probably have lots to buy yourself. I am glad I'm not going or I would most definately spend more then $20 bucks. I know me only too well. Heheh
Thanks again
Jan

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Gourdbeader I'm going to DMAIL you and let you know how to send the $$$.

Willowwind2, is Union on hood canal? I seem to recall going through there when doing the loop up to hood canal bridge, and then south to Brennon. and down around the dog leg of the canal. Jim

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, thank you.
Jan

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes Jim, Union is on Hood Canal on Hwy#106. Our son lives down the road from you in Olalla.

Willow, Howdy Neighbor!!!, Jim

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

HI Jim, I wish I had time to come and look at your Hostas. Maybe some other time I will be able to come over. I love Hostas and my favorite is a large sage green and white one that I've had for years. It gets about 36 inches high and wide. I have about nine different ones and am limited by my small yard and the deer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.