General overall spray for greenhouse

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I have had more pest problems this year than ever before. I need to know what is a good overall spray that will not harm my greenhouse plants. I have to get serious about it as I have been just washing off with a hose and I've found evidence of every kind of enemy pest from mealybugs, baby scale, aphids, and occasionally spider mites. I am afraid I will have to use a pesticide this time . Any advice will be greatly appreciated .

Nashville, TN

Lazydaisy,
I have a general all purpose spray that I have used for several years with good results. Mix 1 cup clear liquid dishwashing detergent, 1 cup amonia, 1 cup of brown mouthwash, I use the cheapest brand I can find, and 1 cup of epsom salts. Mix this together in a container that fastens to your hose, I use the miracle grow feeder. It fits into it perfectly. Spray your plants. It is safe and has been effective for me. Good luck!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi there Daisy Do ,
Thanks so much for the insect all purpose spray recipe. I have one question. Is the brown mouthwash you speak of some type of generic brand of Listerine ? Please advise. Also, if using a hose end sprayer, would the setting be about a
Tablespoon per gallon ? If not, what is the amount of mixture to a gallon of water ? Thanks so much. I can't wait to try it.I see that your name indicates you are a Doer Daisy and I am a Lazy Daisy. I thought that was funny .

Nashville, TN

Hi Lazy Daisy I do like to do!
I use a generic mouthwash generally, but if I find Listerine on sale I buy it. Just don't use the flavored like Scope or the others, just strong brown mouthwash. I use the miracle grow hose end sprayer that figures the amount for me. It normally takes 12 to 15 minutes for the
sprayer to "empty itself" depending on your water pressure. I hope that helps.
On HGTV today they gave a recipe of 1 TBS cooking oil, 1
TBS baking soda and 1 TBS of dishwashing detergent mixed together in a 2 gallon sprayer. I may try this one, but I really like the other!! Try it, you'll like it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.