what are u hatching or getting for spring??

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

congrats!!!! very cute!! nice vaulted skull with great foot feathering too, great job it will be a very nice looking silkie when it grows.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

So as a Judge silkie, would you give it a 10? hehe

very pretty chick!! Wish I could say something educated about it... maybe next year.. right now, I agree.. alert, standind tall (guess a roo), clear eyes.. healthy, cute chick.

Thank you all.......the daddy is a blue splash and he has the most amazing foot feathers. You can hardly even see feet and i am quite sure you cannot see the legs. They are all pets to me though. I went out to the coop this morning and saw a big dark lifeless thing on the floor of the cage they are in and the mom and chicks were all acting panic stricken. So i thought the silkie chick had died because it was the last to hatch. I was so sad....then i noticed there were 7 babies and that was the right number.....it was a great big broody poop!!!! LMAO
I was never so happy about a pile of poop in my life LOL. Never a dull moment!!!!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

lmao TOO! i guess a broody poo is one that looks and smells a little scary?!

perfect looking chick, cuckoogirl!

tf

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Quoting:
something educated about it... maybe next year

I meant that on my side.. I being the uneducated...

I did not smell it LOL its just big because they supposedly only go once a day being confined to the nest. When its just on the eggs, they can get off the eggs in the am.......eat, drink and poop....then back to work. Since the silkie had just hatched and was also dark.....i instantly thought it was 'her' (positive thought) so anyway....happy ending to that one. I am hoping to get to bring the momma and babies into the house for a while today so i can clean the brooder in the coop and get some pictures.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

poor mama!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.