Are ya'll ready for S-N-O-W?part 5

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Sun is shining bright here in AuGres. It's almost blinding shining off the remaining snow. Hopefully, these predicted storms will go somewhere else. I've had enough snow I think this year. I'll have to start looking for my Lenten Rose to be blooming. If I don't get out ther early sometimes I miss it. I also planted hundreds of red tulips last fall to go with the hundreds of daffs I already have in my perennial bed. I sure hope nobody ate them over winter. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a nice day. Don't forget our time changes this weekend. Have to move the clocks up an hour.

Brenda

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Its beautiful and sunny this morning. I too, hope that nasty white stuff goes elsewhere! I am still doing my winter sowing, and hoping for spring sprouting. I have a flat of hosta seed indoors that has started to sprout! That lifts the spirits. I have never grown hosta from seed, and although they will probably all be non-descript green, I dont care...I have dozens of trees that need dressing up,lol.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, that sounds nice. We would all like to see pictures later.

I heard that snow was going to go south of us, mmmm, lets see...that would mean that YOU get it.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Its cold and windy and the sun has gone away!!! They say the snow will miss me-good deal
we have a huge spot in the yard thats full of water and now is a really nice ice rink. Looking across the road i can see many Ice rinks! I planted more tomatoe seeds yesterday.
I have to venture out one of these day and grab my clematis seeds and see what i can do with them!

I will have stuff arriving soon so the weather better start cooperating!! ;)
spring is so much closer than it was last fall LOL

I have the grandbabiez Mon-Wed and on Wed. evening my son arrives from Vegas for a week. Boy is he in for a cold weather reminder.
He had to hurry and take a vacation before the world series poker tourny's start up in April!

hope the storms miss all of us!!!

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori have fun with those wee ones!

Its still sunny and hardly a cloud in the sky. But that blue sky is getting a dark tinge to it in the south, got a bad feeling its only going to be nice for a few more hours.

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Here's the little hostas peekin' out.

Thumbnail by lilmac442
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

arent they the cutest things! i use to grow them from seed too- i should try again someday!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

HAHAHAHA!!!! We only got 1" of the white stuff!! Ok who wants to bet it's the last snow of the year??
I'll bet one lilly bulb against your.........????
LOL!!! I think things are gonna change in the next few weeks...for the better!!
Have a good day! I am off to get some more good pot deals before they are all gone!!
That means YOU lilmac!
Hey went to another Lowes and got some nice 8" glazed pots with an attached saucer for $4.21.
I bought all 4 they had..it was a clearence!
Bye guys I am off!!!
Julie

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

I cant believe it! Not only no snow-but the sun is shining. What a beautiful day! So that means good roads....which means I can get to Lowe's pretty darn quick,lol. Hopefully Julie hasn't been to the one in Flint (Court St) and there may be something left for me!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

We didn't get any snow at all. Gee, too bad.
The sun is shinning, but it is nippy out.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Sun has ben out here all day, but it is cold...nothing is melting. Just took a walk to the mailbox and it smells like spring and I heard birds tweeting...ahhhhh rebirth...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

QUOTE:

I am off to get some more good pot deals before they are all gone!!

/QUOTE

Now, Julie...............just what are we smokin??? ha ha ha ha

We didn't get any snow at all here in AuGres. The sun is shining and the snow is melting off my cement driveway. My son's driveway is a sheet of thick ice though. He has a lot of shade. I wouldn't even get out of the car for fear of falling. I can't stand up on the stuff. :) Down state in Wyandotte they got ten inches of snow according to what I heard on the radio this morning. My friend who lives in Redford said the snow was so heavy the snowblower kept clogging up. Oh well..........better them than me. ha ha ha Aren't I mean?

I'll bet you we haven't seen the last of the snow. I wish we were all done but I don't think so. I'm so very ready for spring though. Hubby and I drove down to Pinconning to Northwoods Wholesale warehouse. They had seeds there 8 packages for a $1. I bought a lot of pumpkin seeds. I plan to plant them around in the sunny parts of my woods so the deer will have some food to eat this winter. I don't know if it will work but I don't have a lot of money invested in this experiment. I got some other veggie seeds there too. They had some really cute statues and I wound up buying two. THey were of little old ladies like me with glasses and had cute garden sayings on them. I love that store. I got my granddaughter's plastic Easter eggs so we can have a hunt in my yard. Hope the snow is gone. Easter is early this year at the end of March. I got a little bit of candy too. Her parents don't want her having much candy. They are better parents than we were. We put tons of candy and money in about 75 eggs. My son was hunting eggs till he was 14. Didn't want to give it up. ha ha ha I also bought some fetilizer there for my evergreen trees. Good prices on that kind of stuff.

Dang, if oil goes much higher I'm going to have to start growing me some. ha ha ha I have an old antique buckboard wagon and another doctor's wagon. I'll have to hitch me up a horse to go to town. Got to get horse first. ha ha ha

Stay safe friends. Watch out for that ice. It's a killer.

Brenda

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Only been to that store once and we were on our way to a party and didn't have a lot of time. That is a store I think, that you have to browse.
Everything is all over the place, very unorganized, but deals galore!

Sounds like you had fun.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Woke up to SNOW.....drat

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It was snowing a bit here...........big fluffy flakes. It has stopped now though and the sun is out shining brightly. Hope the rest of the snow goes somewhere else. I want what I've got to finish melting. I'm dying to see some bulbs sticking up out of the soil.

Have a great day everyone.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Woke up to snowflakes here too! Just a trace on the ground and the sun is trying to shine!
The kids and dh were out on the ice rink last night(the yard flooded and froze smooth)
I stayed in the house with zander(2yrs) and we watched them playing!

I cant wait for spring to-so much i want to do out there!
i have plans to redo several areas of the gardens! hope that works out!!!!!
I have bulbs arriving next week so spring best hurry up!

My son is home from Vegas for a weeks visit before he flies back to deal in the world series poker tournaments. He won $600.00 in 15min of play the other night at work!

Well im off to do something in here before the weather breaks and then i say-it can wait till fall! LOL

have FUN
dori

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Well being inside so much this winter has let us all dream and plan more than other years. 'Cause I know as much as I am complaining as soon as the weather changes I will be overwhelmed with work!!
Everything needs to be cleaned up!!
And Oh yeah! I guess I should never bet!! It was snowing here today but it has stopped! I pray it stays that way!!
Hey Dori Your son deals poker in Vegas? That's really playing with the BIG boys. He must be real good
because that money is all tips right? Well I hope he makes a lot of tips if somebody wins big. I know
you are going to have a great visit. Guess we won't see much of you this week!!
Have a good time with your son!
Julie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes he works at the Bellagio! He set his sites high when he went out there and sure enough he got what he wanted! Ya he sees movie stars and the big poker guys. He plays alot too
that was his winning while he was on break!!! he has gotten 650.00 for a tip before!
He likes it-i just want him to get rich and come home-thats his plan ya know!

I have so much to do when the weather breaks-got to get in shape now!!!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah! I hear that i can hardly do what i did last year> i have to go grab those weights and get my A--
On that tred mill!
See YA!
Julie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori,

You'll have to post a picture of your Vegas son. My hubby watches that tournament poker on TV and it would be cool if I could spot your son. I think it's great he makes such good money. You must be very proud of him.

Brenda

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Drats! I missed the cowpot co-op!! Guess I was too busy digging out of the 8 - 10 inches of snow the other day. lol

Dori, I'm afraid I'm one of those slot machine people, and I've played the poker game machines a couple of times. You have to have nerves of steel to gamble ... not for me!

Julie, I know what you mean, I have a ton of work in my garden just waiting for me. I used to have it all cleaned up when I worked part-time. But I started full time in Sept. and it just never got done.

I'm there with all of you needing to work out more. LETS GET MOTIVATED!!!

Dori, wanted to say "Happy Dori's Spring". I guess that started March 1st. LOL

Brenda, my hubby and son love to watch the poker on tv also. :o)
sharon

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

where can i find out about the co-ops. I dont really undertstand what they are.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the co-ops here at daves are here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/groupbuy/all/

the yahoo ones are here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BnPCo-opBuying/

a co-op in general is a group buy of something at a cheaper cost becuz your buying in Quanity!!

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

aahhhhh. I get it. thank you. thats something that i would enjoy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh and if you need some hosta im hosting this one
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/815988/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.