Chit Chat... Everyone welcome. Part 7

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Good Morning Yall Sleepyheads!!!!

Yeah I know, I am on the other end of that niteowl spectrum. No one except me checks in here earlier than 8-9 am.

I get up at 5 so I have an hour or so to have coffee, check in here at Dave's, feed 2 dogs, 1 cat and 4 birds. So do I need to tell you that I fell asleep again on the couch last night, got up at 9:45 and stumbled into my bed? Soooooo, I missed the eclipse. Maybe I can catch the one in 2010. It's only another 2 years. I think I can keep breathing until then.

Nothing much going on here. The seed tray we put in this weekend, 3 rows of annuals have germinated. I still don't know what to do about all those leggy cosmos and zinnias sitting in the other tray.

Well, will deal with that later. Gotta get to work now. Have a safe and wonderful day!
Molly
:^)))

GardenGlory, thanks for the reminder about Kanapaha Fest. I didn't know.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Yawn, : o Morning all. Molly, I don't know about the cosmos, but I have planted zinnias like you do tomatoes before, and they lived. Hopefully not too many more days of cool weather. I'm already planting things, and trimming things back, because they are coming out anyway.

I've got lots of stuff to do in the house today, cause a lady is coming to mop for me, since I can't bend over too much, just yet. My house is totally tiled, so it's a big job to do. I ripped up all my carpet after hurricane Charley, and I can't believe how much better I breathe, and DH and I don't cough at night anymore.

I'll be online off and on, got clothes and dishes to wash, and junk to pick up....mostly seeds scathered here and there, and kitty toys. lol
Oh, and I have mustard greens to cook, that sweet Linda gave me yesterday. YUM-YUM : )
Have a great day, everyone.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Morning all! :o)
Lucy, can you send your person my way when you are done? LOL
It is sleeting like crazy here and oh so nasty! :(

Hi! Had a busy morning put up a batch of Strawberry freezer jam, cut , washed & cooked about 3 qts. of mustard greens. time to rest & take my afternoon siesta!

3 posts since this morning? What shall I do with the rest of my evening if not reading?

:^))))

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Just popping in to say hi, Been working 6am to 4:30pm M-F and half day on Sat so pretty worn out these days.
Jan

Hi Ms Molly and Ms Jan. I've been busy today, but my house is clean, again. What new?

Linda, those mustard were sooooo delicious. I am stuffed, I ate so many. Best thing I have had to eat in days. Thank you so much for them.

Jeremy are those Buddhas hand citrus edible? They had them in our WM here.

Really Lorine? I'll have to go look at those.

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Evening all! After reading all the above i don't know where to start. Watch it Tammy (LOL) You should try a roll in the hay! Rough on the sinuses but don't knock it till you've tried it. lol

Lucy you can park in my yard anytime. Maybe we can just take the ezgo over there. and Tammy can come down and drive us around and yes we could put a wagon on back for rene and Elaine! lol Glad you enjoyed the mustard greens. Got my plants in the ground last nite and they were all perked up this morning. I have worked in the yard all day. Planted a bunch of gladiolas (not spelled right) Did lots of raking so i would have mulch. Boy it was humid and hot. I have to put wheels under some plants tomorrow.

Lucy are you still doing better? Thats the hard way to get your house work done. We just got ours put back together today after the company.

Rene did Robert get more strawberrys today?

Lucy they still had them yesterday. Are you familiar with them the Buddas? i don't know what they are. i bought a myers lemon and they had lots of the buddas.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WHOOOOOOOO no whoopin! LOL
HMMMMMMM a roll in the hay, without the hay maybe?! :o)
We could have a wagon and a side car. :)

Now thats a thought!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL :o)

Tammy I am ordering some warmer weather for you. It should be there in 2 or 3 days!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OH THANK YOU! We are in a frozen Tundra here!
Oh, BTW, I get to drive that 3 wheeler ya know! LOL

I have a yard ezgo with a dump on it but it has 4 wheels!!!! hehe

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I could probably wreck, oh I mean drive, that too! LOL

You have been busy, Linda. : ) I feel pretty good, still have a lil hurting if I walk to fast or bend over. Not bad tho. I have no idea what those buddas are.

Maybe tomorrow, I will get back to planting more seeds, and try to work some in the yard, but I have to be careful.

Linda, I forgot about your lil mini dump truck. That could save alot of walking, huh? : )

I am just trying to make up for the week i lost cause I have company coming again the end of next week.

More company? Who this time? lol

it has really been a life saver working in the yard. it is just the right height to prevent all the stooping and bending. Don't think they will let me take it to the park tho. Sure wish they would.

well its on DH's side this time. His uncle and his wife. They will be here 3 days. not toooooo long! Somebody coming and going all the time.

Be back in a bit have to go get me some ice cream.

You could probably park it up by the Sheriff's trailer, maybe. I dunno.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ice Cream! I could keep that frozen solid here for ya! LOL

I had a golf cart last year and i asked but they wouldn't let me take it in. Guess i could limp over and see if they would let me.

Well, look important and they will. Wear a couple of Pa's old badges or something. LOL : )

I just burst Elaine's balloons in another thread, about her hollyhock. Yikes!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Popping in and have read through thread.. too funny ya'll are... it's cold and raining here. mmmmm strawberry jam,, save me some. mustard greens. I need to cut mine again.
Gots to go to bed. tomorrow is my last day in this second grade class. they have been a challenge. ... Next week will be easy. Just being the assistant to the teacher.
nitey nite.. "streak"

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Not a problem Lucy... I'll just get out the saw.. they will come back even better.

streak you come you go so quickly we can't even be sure you were here. Nitey nite!!! We are eating some good strawberries!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nite Streak! :o)

Nite, Elaine, sorry about your eggs. lol You are right tho, it will come back better. : )

I am going to bed and read catch you guys tomorrow!!! Nite

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nighty Night! :o)

Nite, Linda, I'm probably not far behind you. A little tired tonight, myself. : )

Good Morning!!!!

Looks like it's warming up here. Rained most of yesterday and predicted the same for today and tomorrow. I guess I better turn the a/c on today for if it gets too hot in the house for the animals. Need to open the windows on the storm doors in the GH to keep things from cooking, although rainy days mean not much solar frying.

No special plans for the weekend except maybe buying some groceries. The freezer is getting low, we ran out of ICBINButter and we have been reduced to getting our evening meals from the spinach patch.

Oops, getting late, bbl,

Molly
:^)))

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Buddha's Hand Citrus is edible. You mostly use the rind as a flavoring. It is really pithy inside and really doesn't have any juice at all. I first saw it on one of the TV gourmet cooking programs that Christina was watching. The rind can be candied. It has a REALLY strong lemon/citrus flavor. A little bit definitely goes a long way. From what I read, it was one of the original citrus from which all the current citrus cultivars and species were created, but I haven't confirmed that factoid yet.

Jeremy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.