Time to start a new thread. : )
We came from here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/811771/

Chat away. : )
~Lucy

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flowers, Lucy! Is it Spring yet? HA HA HA

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, some days it's spring here, and then we jump back to winter for a couple of days. So, who knows. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Here too, but not often enough! :)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Well,,,, I love spring,,,except for these early storms.. Just got out of tornado watch.. sirens were going off and hid in the bathroom for a few minutes. We had a tornado March 1st last year,, so makes me realllll nervous. All clear now, thank goodness. I was just over looking at daylily forum. I just love them.. spent afternoon separating some old yellow ones that were really needing it. (unnamed,,,they came from my Bowling Green many years ago) I am sure they loved this rain we got. here is one of my favorites
Elaine

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

So glad you are all safe, Elaine, and beautiful flower!!!

That is a pretty one, Elaine. : )

I don't like tornadoes. I've never been close to one that I know of, except those that come with the hurricanes. My house and yard looked like one hit during Charley.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes,, after Charley (which was definitely full of tornadoes) and the tornado we had last year,,,, I get a might jittery when bad weather comes around. but we did get some very good rain again. I was busy planting all day yesterday and today.. Hope my seeds and plants didn't get washed away.
Elaine

You stay safe during that bad weather, Elaine.
I didn't get ti do much the last 2 days, because of my hernia, night before last I suffered 4 hrs, and last night 6 hrs. I can't wait till Tues to call the Dr, if I don't die between now and then. So far tonight, I don't feel it,.... yet. I didn't eat much today, I was afraid to.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

We are safe now,, thanks Lucy,, So sorry your hernia is bothering you. Can't you call the doc and get something??
Elaine

My regular Dr gave me proslec (sp) or something like that. And when I went to the other Dr to have the scope done, he didn't change the medicine. But, it is diffenently NOT working.

I've been taking the medicine, downing numerous Pepcid tablets, and drinking maalox. Nothing is working anymore. If you can imagine drinking Drano, that is what it feels like. It also hurts all the way down my left arm. Don't worry about the left arm part, they have already checked my heart out, it's fine. I can hardly use my left arm when all that pain starts.

I think I was praying most of the night last night, for God to do something...I really didn't care what. Anything. : )

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Aw,, I am so sorry, will say a prayer for you.
Hugs, Elaine

Thanks, Elaine. I need a bunch of them. : ) When is your next scheduled visit down here? Linda and I were talking about going to Crowleys. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

So sorry to hear that, Lucy! have you happened to try Zantac? That seems to work better for me than the Prevacid. Insurance wouldn't pay for the "Purple Pill", but the Prevacid wasn't worth the 40 bucks I paid WITH insurance.

I haven't tried Zantac, but I'm willing to try anything.

My DH retired a year and a half ago, and our insurance with his company just ran out. He can get on Medicare next year, but I am 11 years younger, and now have NO insurance. (That's why I haven't been to the hospital, yet) No insurance company wants me for any price cause I had back surgery,,,years ago. That sucks.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh Lucy, it is WELL worth the money! The bottle is better in price than the small packages, though. I think my bottle cost around 20 bucks, but I would pay it again. I started taking it and had to continue for about a week or so, then things started getting better. Now I only take it on occasion, but have taken it the last two or three nights because of what we have been eating! LOL

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Not sure when we will get back down... I sure would love to go to Crowley's.. I am working for the next month. Then intend to enjoy spring...
Elaine

I might try Zantac. Couldn't hurt. : )

Elaine, do you have any short needle pines around where you live, or are they all long? I had a short-needled one, but Charley blew it down, I want to find another. I don't know what kind it was, tho. It had little pinecones.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Lucy, maybe you could get lucky and see if someone you know has any you could try before spending the money on them. :)

Maybe, Tammy. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

:)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Lucy,, we only have the long needle pines,, I call them trash trees, but of course the birds and squirrels love them. We lost a bunch of them last March when the tornado hit us. And they took down several old oak trees with them... I have to find a cheap place to get some Leyland Cypress or other fast growing 'screen' tree. Want to put them on our property line. Our newest neighbor has installed an outdoor speaker system and thinks everyone should share his music. If it continues, will definitely complain. Hope you are feeling better. I have been over on the butterfly forum posting a pic of eggs on my Hollyhock. not sure what they are...
Ya'll take care of those tummies.. I am going back to work tomorrow, so have to go to bed in a few minutes. We got 2 and 1/2 inches of rain last night with all the bad weather..just wonderful
"streak"

Hi Elaine, we got alittle rain just before dark, tonight. Every little bit helps. : )

My stupid drano burn came on again last night, for about 2 hrs, and again today for about an hour. I called the Drs office and spoke to the nurse, she said the Dr wasn't there today, but she would get back with me tomorrow. Maybe I won't die tonight. lol Pray again.

I have a neighbor with barking dogs, that's why that huge passion vine is on the back fence. It helps alittle, but I can still hear them. They are suppose to move....I can't wait.
Have a great day tomorrow, and nitey, nite. Sweet Dreams. : )

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

hmmmmm passion vines.. the only problem here is that they die back in the winter. need something thick and evergreen. Prayers for your drano burn. that's got to be awful. I have a little trouble occasionally, but nothing like that.
Nitey nite ("streak") AKA "teach"

I know you are headed to bed, but I'm gonna talk anyway. lol My red passion vine has not lost a leaf this winter, and it went down to around 26 or so. I don't know how much cold it can take, but it doing fine.

You surely don't want this DBurn, it's nothing like regular heartburn. It feels like it is eating my esophagus completely up. Worse thing I have ever felt, including a kidney stone. lol
My back pain pills don't even touch this pain.
Nite again. lol

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning all,

Thumbnail by fleurone
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning! Hope all are feeling better today! :o)

Hi all. : )

Pretty flowers, fleurone. : )

Tammy, I feel alittle better this morning, I'm eating a banana right now, so we'll see what happens. The Dr still hasn't called me back, yet. I hate sitting here waiting, and his nurse will probably wait till just before she gets off, to call.

It's so nice outside today. : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Lucy, glad you are feeling better! :) I love nanners but they don't like me. I eat em anyway! :o) I think I would be calling the Doc instead of waiting. When my son broke his hand I had to call like 3 or 4 times to get the appointment, then the last time they wanted me to get right in there!

It is BRRRRRRRRR COLD here today!

Well, they called back today about 2:30. Gave me another medicine to go with my Prilosec, called Metoclopram. Don't really know what it is suppose to do, but I have to take it 4 times a day. It is used for alot of things, including nausea that I don't have. lol

They also want me to have a gallbladder test on the 26th. I read the symptoms of that and it said you could hurt bad in the middle of the chest and on the right side of shoulder. I hurt in the middle, and on the left side. Go Figure.

Tammy, yesterday, I bought 8 Zantacs, and I took one of those this morning instead of my Prilosec. I haven't had much pain today, but sometimes I do ok during the day, so I don't know if it is helping or not. Probably isn't hurting anything. : )

I am going back on the Prilosec tonight, along with the new medicine, and see what happens. I have noticed that if I suck on hard candy, or chew gum, when I first feel it, it helps. Something I read about your saliva being akaline, and swallowing alot, helps neutrilize stomach acid.

I sound pityful, huh? I almost feel sorry for myself. NOT! lol

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Lucy, you have the right to feel that way as bad as you feel! I hope the other meds help make you feel better!!! :o)

I wonder where Ms Molly has been the last couple of days. Probably busy, with her new additions at her house. I know Linda, down here, has had company this week, so it's hard for her to get on.

Oh, and Dutchlady, I haven't forgot your Mexican sunflowers, it's just been to much for me to bend over the last few days. I'll try to get out there in the next day or 2, and sit on the ground and get them. : )

I'm gonna watch A Idol at 8, so I will be back online at 9. I hope I don't miss Ms Streak, if she comes through. And, Rene, where are you? : )

The South Florida group has been awfully quiet lately. Reckon they are partying without us? lol : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

If they are warm they have left us behind! LOL :o)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yep,,, those Green girls are known to party for just about any occasion. They are just right now laughing and carrying on.. Lucy,, hope that new medicine helps. I had a friend (usual story) who had gall bladder trouble and they took it out and I think it helped. It is just plain heck to get old !!! Mom had hers taken out several years ago too. Molly mac is probably playing with those grandchildren.. and finishing up moving stuff. and isn't she having a plant swap.?? that sure would be fun to go to. S. Georgia is having one in April. I went to one last year and got some good trades.
Tammy sorry you are cold. I hate cold weather. It has been really nice here last 4 days, got down to 36 last night and tonight, but warming back up again in the day time.
Have to go pack some seeds and plants.. and go to bed..
nite all,
'Teach'

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nite 'Teach', keep some warmth and think of us coldies! :o)

Well, there she WAS. lol

So far, Elaine, the new medicine seems to be working, but the night is not over yet. Yes, Molly is having her annual plant swap, it's at the end of March. Nothing is gonna be quiet at her house anymore. Lots of activity and fun times with the GKs. *Pout* I don't have any yet.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Good Morning!

I have been lurking. Believe it or not...........sometimes I just don't have much to say.

Yep, I was busy on the weekend with the little ones, and we had drop in company on Sat night. It turned into a BBQ. My DS took his girl and the little ones on rides on Billy's 4-wheeler, still during daylight. This inspired one of the male neighbors to chase him back to our house in his SUV. He felt he had to yell about the $5000 our HOA has spent on grading the roads and that little 4 wheeler was going to tear it up? This guy also has 4 wheeler's and rides the roads and the preserve (prohibited). We didn't altercate with the man. We just all stood there dumbfounded. He turned around and left. This weekend the electric gate opener will be turned on and no one can come up the drive uninvited.

Me and the girls potted up some seedlings and put more seeds in the trays. Already we have three rows germinating.

I have had some concerns about the job lately. Not about our performance, but concerns about the financial stability of the company. Having to make payroll seems to be cutting into the owners and managements profit margin. The refuse to get the proper safety equipment for working on steep high roofs and yet complain that although we get the job done, it's too slow. My ds spent all last week carrying around a 40 foot ladder, working the high spots as well as painting some high areas of gable ends perched on a very steep roof with no harness.

Anyway, these concerns plague me while I wonder how it will work out in the end. I am trying to arrange some contract jobs through a general contractor. Once I manage that, I will ask our current company to put us on piece work. This will free us up to do the other.

Enough of that boring stuff now. It's 38 in Gainesville. They were predicting 32 so we fixed that lousy plastic again and turned the heater on in the GH. It's a toasty 48 in there now. Everything is safe and sound.

Lucy, gee, I sure hope those new meds kick in and do the job. I can't EVEN imagine the pain you are having. I have been very lucky in my life to be healthy. My T & P's have been with you every day in my lurking mode here.

I finally finished my taxes and hit the transmit button. Looks good for a bit of cash at the end of the month.

I'm not sure where we report to work yet. Better call the boss and find out. It's still cold out there and I hate having to work in that stuff, at least there's no frost on the windows this time.

Yep we are having a roundup here on the 29 of March. Hopefully spring will have really sprung by then and we will have some color in this gray landscaping. Elaine, you should try to make it down. We'd love to see ya.

Molly
:^))))

Hi all! been very busy with company this week but they are all gone now so maybe back to normal. Whatever that is!! Lucy i am so sorry you are not feeling well. Linda is coming over today for the Tithonia. She said she would pick mine up too. don't do too much bending over, that seems to make that condition worse. Mine is so much better since I had my gall bladder out. I had stones. I would like to go to your roundup Molly, but don't know right now. will see!!!

Rene10, what time is are you coming?

Molly, that's ok, you can lurk. : ) I know about that job security thing. My DD just had that same problem, and she works for a Dr. He was having trouble paying his PAs and wanted to cut their hrs. Plus, my DD was all the time trying to get him to get the medical tests, and things she thought they needed for the office. Luckily, her job is in high demand, and she found another one in about a week. I think she starts next Mon.

Glad to hear you are well, Molly. : ) It seems since my DH lost his insurance when he retired, I have been sick. Luckily, the gallbladder test is $140.00, and I hope they find something simple to fix me with.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning all! Lucy, and all, sure hope you are feeling better!!! ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.