February,still cold with lots of snow!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

You must be feeling very special :*) What a fabulous gift.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Kim I'm using those twisted fluorescent bulbs 100 watt in the silver clamp,really bright!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks I wondered what wattage to use....gotta go to Lowe's. :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep thats where I got them!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Sweet Ones!
Don, congrats for 14 years of not smoking! Patti has indeed chosen a beautiful gift for you. Only seen orchids that tall in specialized stores, and they cost beaucoup dollars. One lucky man you are. So.....is Patti getting a big white, flawless rock that weighs quite a few carats? C'mon now, you can tell us.
Second day of Chinese New Year, and if only we're in the big cosmo cities like NY or Houston, with big Asian communities! More festivities there!
Have a beautiful day, y'all!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Lovely pics from you all, sweet lizard and gorgeous orchid. I am as green as that lizard with envy over the orchid.
Happy New Year (sorry, a day late!)
Aloha

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Jenny, I am sure the large Asian community there is throwing a grand celebration. Had not seen a Lion Dance performed in years!
Oh yeah, in case you've missed the New Year's thread...here's wishing all of you A Prosperous and Healthy Year of the Rat.
~Jaye

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. It is so hard to type on this laptop. My computer is still at son's house....and I think he said he would be out of town this weekend...sooooo...guess I wait some more!
Don, the flowers are beautiful! And what a lovely orchid Patti got you! Congrats on the 14 yrs also! It's been 18 or 19 yrs for us. Dave would know. Best thing we ever did for ourselves!
I bought myself a beautiful Kalanchoe today....and an unusual (to me) philo. At least I think that's what it is? I have to look it up. You know Wallyworld....no names on plants half the time! I'll get a pic of them and post it.
Well...I have NO patience with this puter...so take care all. Will post the pic later.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Amazing Orchid Don, congrats on the 14 years.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great orchid Don! Congrats on quitting smoking! That's wonderful!

On TV on the show "Great Day Houston" They had a dancing Lion for the Chinese New Year! A local Chinese Cook made lettuce wraps with chicken and noodles. It looked really good! Happy New Year Y'all!!!!!

This message was edited Feb 8, 2008 9:49 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Holy Orchids Tropicman!
is there space for it in the plant cave!? Or will it go in the house for a while?
Good on ya mate for the no smoking!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well...guess I won't be posting any pics of my new plants. I forgot....I'm not on my computer!!! Can't upload the pics!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Would love to see them when you get your puter back.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone,smoked for over 30 years,about 4 packs a day,good thing I quit when I did would have to have second job just to buy them now!!!!
Tomato seeds popped in 4 days,that has to be some kind of record for me!!!!
Usually week and half,so spring must be getting closer for the seeds wanting to come to life so quick!!!

Orchid will have to stay in the garden room,across from the computer so I can watch it closely!!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey TM, you have power down there? I know you got hit pretty hard this morning with that ice storm. I heard you got over an inch.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Lordy, what on earth would Don do without power to his plants!?!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Somebody call him up!!!!!!!!!!!
(If you have his number, i.e.)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Now theres an idea if someone out there has his number! I knew Jaye was sweet for some reason. :)

I don't have his number though it is a good idea. :~)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes Tammy, I would offer my home to his plants...would even drive ALL the way there and pick them up....
(Self serving, aren't I! Lolol)
Seriously, I don't watch the weather channel. When will y'all get a break from Ole Man Winter!! Lord, please, make it soon.

It's only February. lol. Even in the spring we get hit. May very rarely, starting in June til fall never.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Good Lord, if not for electricity, internet and cable....you all will be miserable indoors!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hold on!! That includes me...lol!

lol. Roads eventually get clear and resturaunts hook up generators so everyone goes to town and packs it in. When we got hit in 02 my dad and I both worked at the schools so we snuck in and took showers in one of the buildings so we could be clean. But that was after we cleaned out the driveway. We had so many limbs down that we couldn't see the yard or driveway. Up here we haven't been hit hard like that sinec but none of us have ever forgotten it or what it was like. We made do and enjoyed the silence.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Jaye, stop and pick me up along the way cause you can't get all Don's plants by yourself! HA HA HA

I sent him a d-mail letting him know we are all checking up on him. Hope we hear from him tonight or tomorrow.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Fiddle, I forgot to respond to a Dmail from him, shame on me!

LOL. Shame, shame!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOO I feel better now, just responded! HA HA HA
I also let him know we are all worried!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Princess Tammy did the most royal crime! Not responding to the King of the Tropicals!!!!!! Shame! Shame!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I just talked to my sister she lives only 6 miles from him. They got some sleet this morning then the sun came out and melted the little bit that they got and everything is fine out there. They were sitting at 42 a little while ago, so Don should be fine weather wise.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you Robyn!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, Jaye, I am in my corner with my crayons feeling so ashamed! :(
Robin, your sister could go load up for us one day! HA HA HA

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I told that, but she is going to have to do it when she gets back on her feet. Her dog and her tried to occupy the same space on the porch late Oct. she lost and feel off. Broke both leg bones right at the ankle. She just got the wire cage off a couple of weeks ago and has a long recovery ahead of her. She has diabetes and it takes 2 - 3 times longer for her to heal than the rest of us. But she is doing good, so when she is up moving around on her own (without a wheelchair or walker) then I am going for another visit and we will go to Don's.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG Robin, that is horrible! So sorry to hear that, but glad to hear she is healing!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Right after it happened I went and spent the next week with her to help her out, her dh worked in KC so he was gone during the week. She did good, but now she has cabin fever bad. She gets out once or twice a week, but it's not the same as getting out and going on her own. Her other good news besides getting to start PT is her dh is now back working in the Wichita are. So he is home at night now. I worried when she was by herself so much.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

That is great that her DH is able to be home at nights with her now! But I feel for her and her cabin fever!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It's starting to get me too. I hurt all over on these nasties day. I can't seem to get the ache or the cold out of my back.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I know how that feels, too, cause we had to get out this morning!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm going to go put more wood on the fire, grab a hot toddy or something and the heating pad and hit the couch. Night all, later sis.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.