2nd Chance Seed Swap Final Thread #10

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Wind-I get them from here & then cut them & paste them together-I am way to poor to be buying them!! I would've easily spent a small fortune for how much I have been trading & w/ the swap_LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>to whom I have promised to send Akatsuki no Umi

BlueSpiral... I know I got a few of these seeds from you.

I haven't gotten through the entire box yet... but I know i wrote that down [so i can transfer the names into my spreadsheet]
I've still got quite the mess on the kitchen table ... and oddly - DH hasn't said a word... when he sat down with his toast and coffee this morning... he just pushed baggies aside and sat down... not a word...

I too do not have Grams seed baggie.

>>I'm missing Salvia glutinosa from Tuink

I do not think I had anything from Tuink -- but if I come across this variety of seed... i'll let you know.

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Hi Folks,

What's happening to those poor seeds of mine? They seem to get themselves lost all the time. Let's just wait until my package arrives, they may just be in there......

TCS, he's just given up because he realised it's like a sevenheaded monster: each time you cut off one of its heads it simply grows seven more......

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Hey, Tuink, You're up!

I think what we have is a single missing packet to Gram. Robynz get hers, and I have your list and there is no Salvia for Bluespiral (nothing for Bluespiral actually). I don't think you sent it, but I also don't think you meant to send it.

Basically we are all on the lookout for a single zippy of 23 packs to Grampapa and anything else that is missing is because I couldn't find it here. In other words I lost it, but I knew about it before I sent it, and in most cases I sent a note explaining what happened.

Suzy

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I told Suzy I think I pi&&ed off the fairies. she said there was a curse on me on this swap. I'm in the middle of writing an article about Cecily Mary Barker and her flower fairies. I bought a copy of her journal (Fairyopolis, a lovely book) and in it she says that fairies don't like it if you meddle in their affairs. Maybe they don't like the article LOL I'll have to reread the part that tells what they like and see if I can't make things right with them. don't want them stompin' all over my germination efforts ;0)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I love flower fairies - of course, I always assumed I was the lavender fairy. :-) I have a picture of her on a plate beautifully framed and hanging in the dining room.

I have a picture of heliotrope fairy hanging in the kitchen (it's mostly green with plum shades - both the kitchen and the picture! thought the kitchen shades are on the window)

I never cursed you-the other 1003 may have, but it waan't me-I am the good fairy-LOL

All of my fairies are by an artist names Nene Thomas-if you have never seen her work you HAVE to check out her site-they are goreous!! I have a few of them (6), but wnat about 15 more-LOL

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I will check out this fairy artist, Fairy :-)

You are gonna lover her Seandor her website is just www.nenethomas.com I thnk..

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Fairy, I never suspected you :0)

I have the heliotrope fairy and the columbine fairy in purple fabric frames from my office from before I retired. I redid my office in purple because I was so sick of the beigy-gray cube living I could have screamed.

I'll look for Nene Thomas, too.

sorry to get so OT, Suzy. I'll stop if they will LOL

Here is the link-then I am done off topic-promise!!

http://www.nenethomas.com/index.shtml

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok Fairy you can beat me, please be gentle and the other 1004 need not show up for it.

Robyn-SWEET-my day has been made and now I can sleep better...LOL

Sorry I have a bad sense of humor today-DH just lost his job......

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh man! That so seriously sucks! Well, I hope he gets an even better job with better pay!

The worst thing is we just went through this about a yr. ago w/ him-last time his fault-this time not....and w/ our first house..hope I don't have to come live w/ you!!LOL:(

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh hon, I'm so sorry, we went through that at the end of last year and were not prepared for it. Christmas was lousy, but we survived. We are all here for a shoulder to cry on, yell at or beat if neccessary. He will find another, don't worry. Things will get better and I will pray it happens soon for you.

~~~~~~~~ Hedre your wet grass start hitting..

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It's definately warmer here. My house is open. Come on down.

THANKS!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You're always welcome here and I will say an extra prayer for you. ^j^

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Fairy - I'm so sorry! But Robynznest is right - these things give the chance for better opportunities to present themselves!

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Fairy, I'm sorry, too. I agree with the other ladies about this being an opportunity and we're all thinking good thoughts for you!

Oh, boy! That is rotten news! Good luck, and hopefully a better opportunity will present itself very, very soon.

Suzy

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Wishing him good luck and hoping he finds an even better one.

It's -4 degrees with a wind chill of -14. It's a week before we can expect to see anything above freezing. Are you sure we'll have any use for these seeds? I might freeze before winter ends.

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Morning all!

Fairy, as we over here would say: if one door closes on you, ten others will open up for you....

Thank you all, I think my ulcer is now larger than my stomach-LOL...I really do appreciate the thougths-I guess there is 1 good thing-now I don't have to do the spring cleaning!!LOL....I wish it was warmer so the dirt could just wash all my troubles away.....(sigh)

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Fairy, keep positive xx
when there is a will, there is a way...I hope your DH finds new employment soon. ...just hang in there...life tosses us all challenges from time to time and it is how we respond to them that defines us :)

We just talked to a long time friend of ours last night who was in the same exact situation and she was practically gitty over her new found gov. job she just got hired for. It took her time to find it though.

Sending prayers to you both too ~

Thanks wind-I don't think it would be as bad if we didn't just have to go through it a year ago-we are still not caught up financially from that one.....Oh well, what can ya do, there is nothing to do but wait & see & hope it is for the better....

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Fairy, I have been there and I hope he finds something quickly so you don't get further behind.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Fairy.... we too have been there, and sort of are again now. DH has been on medical leave from work and it doesnt look like he can go back, due to a medical condition... nothing like changing careers at 49 ... he was in a very specialized field ... and now has to find something new.

back in the early `90's his company went out of business ... and with a mortgage and 2 small kids... those were some scary times too.... but as mentioned... when a door closes, more open.

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Terese

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Hello! Apologize for not reporting in sooner. Been too busy contemplating and admiring what I received. Like a child on Christmas morning, I neglected to say THANK YOU! While I am still jumping up and down, I will try to catch my breath long enough to say "THANKS TO EVERYONE!" I received my envy on Saturday, and have been thru the lot several times. I am still amazed at the quantities, variety, the generousity of our little piggies. Not to mention the excellent job Suzy and the Seed Team accomplished! I bow to you Ladies, for what you have accomplished.

Thank you all, again!
Jax

PS: Went thru again looking for that special evelope that's missing. I don't have it.

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Stace,y My hubby and I are both self-employed, so we are always on that edge of financial instability-especially this time of year. ESPECIALLY if there is not a lot of snowfall, but this year, so far, so good. We always have a fair amount of snow on the ground, but a noreaster in NH can dump over a foot of snow in just one storm and then he won't plow for weeks. This year we have been having a lot of small plowable storms which is awesome! And it looks like a 12 incher tomorrow! Yeah!
Does your DH have any odd jobs he can do while looking for work?

We should be hearing from some people who got their seeds today --- anybody? Hallll-ooooo?

Suzy

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hopefully somebody just at work and wil have a nice surprise waitign for them when they get home . : )

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

WOW WOW WOW I am so amazed at the seeds that I received today so many and even got some brug seeds.. Thanks so much to everyone!!

James

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

James -- isn't it like being a kid at Christmas!??

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

yes it most certainly is!!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL.... And another one gets a box. And another one gets a box. LOL

hey Suzy, have ya gained your breath and sanity back yet?

Please, I can't find the link wher e everybody moved to to discus s growign and spourting and sowing and such.

Can somebody give it to me, Please!!!!!!!

Starlight -- try this one...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/811207/

I am still waiting to see who might have Gram's envie of seeds :((

Suzy

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm betting Gram's seeds are crossing the Atlantic :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.