Anything Blooming? Part III

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

We were getting too long of a thread for dial up friends.
Here is Tiger again with early opening flowers........boo hoo...(LOL)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kohleria 'Red Dragon' just won't bloom for me. Maybe her name is Black Dragon????

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Shenendoah Sugar Plum (strep)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Bristol's Surprise Party (maybe boy is on the end of the name?)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Shenendoah Something Special

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Bristol's Zapped

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Fancy Pants has finally bloomed........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Aaaaah ... these beauties just make my day! So colorful and all sooo pretty! Gail, I still say your house must look like a Florist!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

WooHoo,Look at those beautiful plants!!!!! Love it!!!!
Gail,go here and read the description for Bristol's Surprise Party.Your never going to know what the bloom will be.How cool that is.

http://www.streptocarpus-info.com/tablebristols.html

Thanks for starting a new thread.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I thought she would have more color.......deeper color I mean, jannich. Thanks for the heads up. Lin.............I went over to Johnson's today to get you a red jatropha and she said they alll died when we had an unexpected freeze and would be getting all new ones in. So...........I promise to get you one as soon as they come in and send your philo at the same time................I would dmail you but you don't read your dmail any more than I do (LOL)

(Zone 1)

Gail, you don't have to get me a Jatorpha ... my friend said they have them at our local nursery! I am going to check them out hopefully this weekend! No rush on the philo ... I have my hands full - trying to get my deck and florida room cleaned and organized! LOL ... It seems like I get started, get a small area clean and then end up playing in the dirt repotting something and make more of a mess!

I sent your callisia fragrans pups on Monday ... hopefully you will get them by tomorrow. It's a neat plant ... some folks don't like it cause they say it gets a bit messy looking in the winter but I just pull off all the dead leaves and it looks fine ... course you and I live in the south so it probably does better down here. Mine grew a bunch of bloom stalks and little white (not really pretty) flowers appeared but I detect absolutely no fragrance at all. I've heard it is supposed to be fragrant!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I won't forget you! You are so efficient and I am just a fly by the seat of my pants old lady who is getting slower...............

Gail - your Tiger is beautiful, is that your show plant? Also love Fancy Pants. Thanks for the pretty plants to start the day

Susan

Gail, you know Streps are my favorite and I so love seeing the pictures of yours!

Petrocosmea forrestii is opening some of those buds. This was taken yesterday.

Thumbnail by RainGazer

And Kohleria 'Tropical Nights' has bloomed. It's the first Kohleria to ever bloom for me and I really do love it!

Thumbnail by RainGazer
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Ladies, what BEAUTIFUL pictures to gaze at this morning!
Love them all but Fancy Pants sure it a winner! So happy she bloomed for you Gail :)
You sure do have a green thumb my friend! Everything looks SO green, happy, and huge :) Great Growing :)

Amy, congratulations on your first Kohleria bloom :) Sure is a pretty one :)

Kim

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

She is a beauty for sure............I was thinking that she was a sinningia at first ......I love that Tropical Nights, too!

(Zone 1)

I don't know if many of you ever visited the Rachel's Reflections website but just thought I would let you know ... she (Rachel) passed away recently. Here's a link to where Begoniadude posted about it:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/811001/#top

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
WOW all the pictures are just beautiful.... I am still hoping that one day I can show you pictures of Streps and my Chirita's blooming..... Now that I know I can get a AV to live and bloom for me anything is now possible :-) Oh some of you may remember that I had two AV leaves in a little glass jar and they were the only AV leaves to live for me. Well this week when Kim was here as she sent them to me, they are now growing babies... YEAHHHHHHHH another first for me... Also I can now say I grew a begonia from a leaf.. yup thats right it is rooted...
Keep up the good work ladies as your pictures are just great...
Hugs,
Susan

South, TX

Gail and Raingazer! Wow! Just wonderful plants/blooms!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I can't use my Tiger as a show plant as she opened up too soon! I am very excited as a friend called yesterday and bought 12 african violets for her church for the elderly. i am saving every dime in a hiding place so I can go to nationals!

But I can sell Tiger at the sale........

Your Tiger would make a good show plant it has a good shape and yours has nice variegation - maybe next time. I thought I read in a thread that you were entering a show soon. What plant have you selected to enter?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I will go take pictures of some possibilities (depending on what they look exactly like at the time). I am only going to show you avs as I have a lot of 'weird beautiful' plants grown from seed in the species department and I have many streps.

***I couldn't get good pictures because they are large and I don't know how to work my camera very well.........but here goes a few of them..........as possibilities

not posting semi-minis

gotta take someone home and be back...........This is Arctic Frost

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Toy Box Dancer opening up

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Buckeye Cranberry Sparkler

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Toy Box Dancer..........sorry these are taken under the lights

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Picasso

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Modesty

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Mermaid's Kiss

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I will post some more later if I can get my camera to zoom in and out.......i made some little dish gardens without the rules.....This has pink syngonium, fittonia, 2 kinds of small leaved ivies, namantanthus (yellow), episcia and a small african violet.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Gail you have SUCH a talent!
I could just sit and look at your pictures all day long.
Your plants just thrive so much under your care.
Absolutely beautiful my friend!
Love them (even though I'm not an AV person *lol*)
Your little dish garden is PERFECT! You should have no problem selling those!
People are going to meet you out at your car to buy from you before you ever make it inside :)
I'm SO happy for you friend :)

Kim

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You are so sweet, Kim............I found those dishes at Walmart and they make perfect containers.........I used pine bark instead of spaghnum moss on the top as I think it is more attractive and doesn't overwater the plants so much............

we may make a grower out of you yet for avs..........(LOL)

I was sitting in the kitchen with a drill watching the news and drilling holes in solo cups for baby avs.......when the phone rang from my cousin. I just kept working away until she said, "What is that noise? You know you can't multitask, Gail"!!!

South, TX

Gail, you need to open a voilet shop here. Wouldn't it be fun? Supplies and plants! I would love to have a gorgeous little place to shop. I am surprized nurseries do not sell much. To me it would be a great thing to add to the nice nurseries we have.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sally, when i first started a year ago i asked Gills on both Alameda and on Airline if they would order african violets for me. They did but they came from Optimara and had no names on them. They were gorgeous plants though and most were minis and semi minis........wish they would get some in for Feb 14th. Why don't you check .......you are closer.......if they do, let me know. They were charging 6.50 for a 2" pot.

South, TX

All I ever see are no names. Would be so neat to get named ones, supplies etc. Epecia, etc. Other cities have neat stores and nurseries with them. I ordered some wasp violets today from a cute place online.

I go to both Gill's quiet a bit.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You should have asked me for wasp violets..................i have two kinds and lots of babies...........I have blue tail and Merlot Senk. Did you know that the Senk wasp are being registered with the AVSA and 23 will now will be available before long.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Not much for blooms right now :(
Just thought I'd share this cheerful picture with you all of the "blooming snowflakes" falling from the sky AGAIN today!
Doesn't it just look like something from a Hitchcock movie?

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I think it looks beautiful Kim... We are having such bad winds and then out in another area then where I live they are having fires that they can't keep under control... Hope my house dosen't blow away...LOL
Susan

South, TX

uh, oh! I guess I should have. I think wasps are so cute. I can't wait to get them.

Pretty snow picture!

I hope to get to the meeting tomorrow. Gail will pick me up. I didn't feel well today. The usual. Dizzy, etc.

South, TX

Gail, DUH, I am sorry, I am talking about Deanna! Sorry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.