Blooming in February

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

this is the february version of "Blooming in January" http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/807804/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hey at least in january there were some flowers so far i do not like february posts LOL. Ronna

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Ronna: going back to the other thread, Gen. Beauregard is somewhere in GA and he is a ground hog, too. I prefer his prediction!

I found something blooming in February. :) Tea Olive.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

very pretty deb. i love those waxy looking leaves very thick looking.. nice flowers thanks, Ronna

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

and you should smell it.......pure heaven.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

all 3 of ours are still in full bloom! intoxicating smell!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

i am jealous!!! can you tell????

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

the hawthorne and bottlebrush buds are getting fat!!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

what are those??? and the color? i suppose there is a nother heavenly scent!!!! LOL> Ronna

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

bottlebrush: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1712/
hawthorn: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51731/
these don't smell... just look nice!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

very pretty. the hawthorn plant kinda looks like a lilac bush...you do know what those are dont you? just kidding. the leaves ar a lot thicker looking though. thanks for posting pictures. i do not know how to do that... i like the bottle brush plants its really cool looking also. have a great day. Ronna

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Here's one.
Late this afternoon. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

How beautiful and how precocious. I'd say that one is at least 8 weeks early.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes, this sillly one is the first each year and I don't know why because it's not in a particularly sheltered spot.
Of course, how could it resist the 80 temp today!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I just came in from one of the grhouses and the night blooming jasmine was blooming! I hadn't expected it-I didn't notice it had buds on it before tonight....boy, it smells so good! Does it count if its in a grhouse?? :)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sure!

Oh yes, something so special has to count.

My next door neighbor plants anemones each year; this is one of her blue ones.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

very nice color

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

another bloom from the hibiscus

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

If anyone knows the ID for this impatien...it would be great

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

crocus and pansies in the yard

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

rosemary is flowering

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

wow very nice ladies thanks alot!!!! we are getting 4-8 inches of new snow today....so please enjoy the 80 degree weather for me!!!! brrr im staying inside. Ronna

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Tropicana: Don't know that impatien but I wish I did. Very nice color.

I have some narcissus with buds. Hopefully I'll have more blooms - if the forecasted freeze this weekend doesn't do 'em in.

Stay warm, Ronna!
Deb

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

freeze???? in SC?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL! Yes, it happens. All too often so far this winter, as far as I'm concerned. "Normal" lows this time of year are mid-upper 30s in my area, but they're calling for mid-20s Sunday. >:-(

Deb

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

aw i feel so bad for you lol. Ronna

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

mid thirties here... i'll cover the poinsettia... the cannas and bananas are growing, but they shouldn't get hurt... just quit growing a bit

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

today I had the pleasure of taking this pic...I love Gerberas...they just keep on giving and giving...

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

i hate comcast cable internet...I can't upload anything it seems :)~

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

still nothing blooming here, but when things do start blooming i will post pics for you all.... Ronna

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Rednyr: I love Gerberas too. I tried growing them from seed last year with no luck. Trying again, tho. :) Hope you can get that pic uploaded!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Got my first little dwarf iris blooming today! So cute and yellow:-)
Bev

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Got a couple more Feb. bloomers!
This Iris, just opening this morning.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Veronica umbrosa

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

narcissus "Avalanche"

(Not really an avalanche yet, more of a light snow fall.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

DebinSC absolutley georgeous!!!! thanks for the daffiodils they are my favorite spring??? flowers! how did you know? i can not believe you have them open aready!!!! really, really, not fair. we have a 1 degree day:( and the wind chiils are minus 10. yewoo... needless to say i havent been out all day. only to open the door for the dog. i talked to my son in georgia and they have almost the same weather in S.C. sunny and warm... i asked him to snap his fingers and let me be there he only laughed. well have a great sunday afternoon. Ronna

Great shots Deb and tell me more about that Veronica, it is beautiful.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Ardesia: It's aka"Georgia Blue" Speedwell. It blooms every Feb-Apr. for me. I have it in a big shallow pot and in window boxes. Works for me as a ground cover in small spaces. Does well with just morning sun, too. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76872/

Ronna: Hang in there! Spring's coming. :)

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.