March
(12 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Other?
(53 votes, 13%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

January is, usually, the snowiest month with February being second. But this year, not so, just ice and a little bit of snow in January! Hopefully, February will be the same!

;~}
Larry

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I had to vote "Other" since any of the months mentioned is capable of being the snowiest. So far we've only had light dustings of snow this winter.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Hands down February is usually our coldest and snowiest month here. It's not unusual to see a couple of periods of a week or longer of temperatures in the range of -25°C to -29°C. February is also the month where I usually get more "snow days" from work than any other month of the winter.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We don't always get the snow, but January is the coldest month. It is herald by the opening of the FW Stock Show here every year. I think it comes in with all of the animals from the north! LOL!

(Zone 1)

We don't get that white stuff!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

At least I think its January. I tried to recall when we've always had the most snow and I think its usually January when things seem to hit us.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

What's snow?

=)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's soft white flakes, each one a different shape, that cover the homes, evergreens and empty vegetable gardens with such beauty. The snow allows grown ups to act like children and build snowmen with grandchildren. I wish we'd have a blizzard.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Went for 'other', as in any one year it can be any of December, January, February, March, or even (once or twice) April.

On average stats, February is very marginally the coldest, about a tenth of a degree colder than January.

Quoting:
What's snow?

Sorry, can't really help you there.

Resin

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

=) oops.....

I was trying to be funny... I'm originally from PA, so I know what it is ....

I had to vote "Other" because "coldest" and "snowiest" don't really fit into "South Texas" weather...

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Another southern vote here for "other". Last April saw snow flurries all day on the Saturday before Easter but that was a novelty. The white we see would be ice and it has been a long time. Not wishing for either here. Looking forward to Spring! pod

(Zone 1)

The white we see here is sand ... would be nice to see a little snow every 20 years or so!

Hush Lin! LOL

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

We had over twice our normal amount of snow this January with the usual coldest temps.. Normally February is our snowiest.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for jogging my memory, podster. It was a surreal day - that Saturday in April last year. Watching people carrying impatiens from the greenhouse while snow was falling = very bizarre occurrence! :-)

(Zone 1)

Here's a pic of some of that sand .... This is not the beach where the sand seems to be whiter in color, this is in the intracoastal waterway, an Island known to locals as "Disappearing Island" because at high tide there is no island. We anchor our boat here quite often to have lunch and just watch the dolphins, manatees, osprey and other sea birds.

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

We normally have more ice than snow. So far only one little storm about 4 inches and gone by the next afternoon. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. LOL

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

January is historically our coldest - and snowiest - month. But last year (2007), February was the coldest on record since the infamous 1985 winter. (I was pregnant during the 1985 winter, and I remember staying nice and toasty warm, despite the record snowfalls and protracted cold spell!)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We get snow roughly twice as often as plantladylin (once every decade, instead of 20 years.) January is our coldest month. We prune roses on Valentine's Day here. (And usually have to scramble out the drop cloths to cover the tender plants at least once during February/early March as the temperatures take a nose dive into the low 30s... It rarely happens two days in a row, though.)

(Zone 1)

Well, I guess I fibbed in a couple of post's back. I said we don't get that white stuff but we did have snow flurries one night last month! It happened many years ago too! Folks down this way get real excited about seeing snow flakes floating in the air! It was all over the local news! They even had the flurries in Cocoa Beach!

We do occasionally have frost and even hard freezes down this far south in Central Florida! I remember a day back in February 1970 when it was 15 degrees in Orlando! We are so fortunate that our winters are very mild for the most part. When we get little cold snaps they only last a day or two. We had two nights last month where it dropped into the mid 30's but always warms back up during the day. Our plants don't suffer too much, unless we have the unusual severe cold where temp's stay cold for more than 8 hours or so ... and it has happened. The fern industry in west central florida was hit hard by cold this winter. Luckily the citrus growers didn't have a loss but the fern farmers weren't so lucky.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm saying January as I want it to be over for this year.
If I want to see snow I'll travel.
;)

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

End of January/February is usually the coldest here, for at least the last couple of years March has been the snowiest! It actually gets too cold to snow here sometimes.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Had to vote other.
Last week of January is coldest, March is snowiest on average.
Snowing this morning.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Coldest month likely January but no snow here ;) I moved south soon as I was grown.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

In my part of Missouri, It depends on what day, not what month. In two days last week we went from 73 to 16 in about 5 hours and added 9 inches of snow the next night. Every day is different here. Today is frozen fog.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think January's usually our coldest month, but none of our months are snowy!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Every month since November it has been snowy here. We haven't seen this much snow (it seems to snow a significant amount 2 or 3 times a week this year!) in years. It's tough to think spring when you live life in a snow globe.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

What is snow?

Anyway, I think January is the month that we have the most freeze spells.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Voted "other" as it can, and usually does, change every year. We've had quite a bit of snow so far this year, but not too many ice storms, thank heavens! I don't count on it being over for the year until about May.

Have to say that I'd rather have the snow than that sand. I'd melt down there!

(Zone 1)

Yeah McCool ... It does get rather warm down here in summer time and with the high humidity. I've lived in the South my entire life and would freeze up there! LOL. The older I get the more the humidity gets to me - Thank Goodness for air conditioning! Our heat only kicked on two nights this winter ... air has been on continuously. I do wish we had a few nice spring and fall days where we could have the windows open! But, alas - that does not happen often at all. Our air conditioning stays on all year most of the time.

Missouri City, TX

For over 30 years in Texas, the only time I ever saw snow was February, then a couple of years back we had a "White Christmas" in Houston.

Was at a business meeting in Atlanta GA years ago and someone from the Boston area asked about the climate in TX. My best friend and associate said it best, "We have two seasons in Texas - Summer and February".

Debary, FL

So was Jan the coldest month?

Bubba ~ MN says they have two seasons... winter and road repair. lol

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I think Spring fell on a Tuesday here last year.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

giggles here, that is so funny.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

The statistics show that our snowiest month is March, but that's only because we had a 4' blizzard in 2003. It's an outlier. I think our snowiest month is April. Our coldest month is December. Right now it's snowing and 28F out there, too darned cold to do anything but dream of spring!

(Zone 1)

28 degrees, right now! At 2:15 in the afternoon?? Wow! I AM glad I live in Florida - where it's 80 degrees, sunny and breezy right now!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

chuckle...

Careful, Lin! We have some northern DGers who keep a tarpot and feathers around for days like this, since tarring and feathering smug-sounding Floridians warms them through and through ;o)

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Oooooh, that sounds like fun! Can I help?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.