Drinks & snacks on Feb 8 at the Willard (14th and Penn. DC)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Please join us a few of us for drinks and snacks and the Willard (14th and Pennsylvania Ave in downtown DC -- just a few blocks from Metro Center!

Friday February 8 from 4-6!

We can talk about gardening or anything else . . . .

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll be there with bellz on!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I will be there right around 4..

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Yipppeeeee Yahoooooey!!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

This is looking fun!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

You mean because JENN will be there, wright?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Right. It wasn't going to be ANY FUN AT ALL until Jenn decided to come. Exactly. You are WRIGHTIE! (not)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

snortie

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh this is going to be bad... (smirking)

BTW i sent you a d-mail...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Now I'm hurt. I didn't get a dmail. Wrightie gets all the fun.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Heh Heh, it's only because I sent her a photo of what I look like so that she wouldn't have to wander around asking each and every stranger who they are ...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I plan to lose 30 pounds and dye my hair blonde before Friday. And wear a mustache.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2008 9:23 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LMAO ... I've been griping to DH about all of the weight that I've put on in past two years. We went out to eat tonight and over dinner came up with a plan ... I'm going to set a goal of losing 15lbs -- at that point, I can begin searching for my new car. Get this though, I'm going to have him read the scale each week. UGH!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

No way in the world would I put my spouse in that position of power. He just lost 37 pounds, though, so he is in a position to gloat.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

37 lbs???!!! But ... he didn't have a thing to lose!!! Is he now emaciated??? I don't get it.

Sigh, it was my idea to do this ... out of sheer humiliation I ought to be able to dig up the motivation to meet my goal. I'm not sure if I've ever even told him my weight before -- lol

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

He's not emaciated, and he looks great and feels really good. I'm very proud of him. Somehow he can lose all that weight and not whine. I whine over every pound. Loudly. But not on the 8th.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, if you're interested in going for runs in Brookside Gardens with me some time, just say the word. I love running there, but haven't done so in about a year. I think that one lap around the joint is about a mile, if memory serves. In any case, I can wear my Garmin (GPS watch) and we can track it as we go. ... and get lots of planty ideas and enjoy the scenery, too!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Honestly, I'd love to, but my knees are a little vague after ACL surgery, and I'm SO out of shape that I'd hold you way back. I'm not sure I could run around my block, let alone a mile, and I certainly couldn't do a half marathon. My step-daughter Gillian bought Darryl (my DH) entry to a tri-athelon for this summer, and he says he is going to start training tomorrow morning. . . .

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, let's *walk* Brookside some time then? I can care less. Besides, it's the mileage that counts, not the speed. So there. I'll meet you there one of these days. The witch hazel should be blooming right about now anyway -- gawgeous ... oh, and think how lovely the crepe myrtle trunks will look now that they are nekked.

Which Tri is he thinking of doing? My neighbors want to do the (women's) Iron Girl Tri up in Columbia this summer -- it's just a sprint distance, but is a very good race.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'd love to -- do I hear another DG get-together in the works? Actually, I'd love to do that on a regular basis all year long. I'd love to see what they have blooming at any one time. Green Springs, too -- I really love that. They don't baby their plants at all.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2008 10:07 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

When we finish with those, let's hit the Arboretum ... we can pick up pepsi barrels on the way.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

A circuit -- I like it.

(Isn't there something wrong that we don't have anything better to do on a Saturday night? I'm balancing a checkbook, trying to get my new TiVo to work right, and installing a new computer, and waiting to drive a kid home from a playdate. When I was a kid, I would have assumed I would be at a white tablecloth restaurant, followed by a fantastic evening out at the theater, and then after dinner drinks and dessert.)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Speaking of Saturday nights ... The Arboretum offers those moonlit tours each month when the moon is full, if I'm not mistaken.

Back to reality ... I'm sure that you would have grown tired of those Silver Service meals and evenings at the Kennedy Ctr anyway.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

wrightie....like that idea!!! Next we'll all go do one of those ghost tours...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I really like the idea of moonlit tours -- except October 31, of course.

Can I crash?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

There's no such thing as "Crashing" -- everyone is warmly welcomed!!! Yippeee!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wonderful!!!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hi, gang!!....looks like you start a new thread one day and it's already lengthy....I like my Friday and Saturday nights, but Sundays are usually quiet and boring. On Fridays and Saturdays, I'll catch a late movie, and sometimes Saturday Night LIve! LOL!!

I'll try to be at the Willard around 4 or so. How will I know the group?? Will you all be in jeans or business attire?? We have "casusal" days on Fridays, so I will be in jeans unless that is "out" for this joint.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

If I had to guess, I'd say that we will be the LOUD ones. I'm not working on Friday, so I'll be pretty casually dressed. I'm 5' 10" and have long brown hair. I'll try not to be dressed in barn clothes ...

Here's the photo that I sent to Jenn's D-Mail, though it's a couple years old:

Thumbnail by wrightie
Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

We are never casusal.. :( I will be in a suit most likely.....

I am the one closest in the picture

Thumbnail by JennGroves
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

No pictures handy, but I'll be in jeans most likely. Maybe I'll bring a pot of flowers to identify myself. Or a straw hat with flowers . . .

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Great!! I figured I would know the right table by the volume of laughter and chatter!! Those are good pictures to track you guys down with--I just hope it's not crowded in there. I don't have a handy picture in the PC, so if my dog is any indication of its owner, I look like Hutch!! Hutch is a thug in a clown suit, but I am 5'4' with long, curly blondish hair (wild). Probably be in jeans and boots and a black leather jacket.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll dmail you all my cell phone number before Friday -- that's probably the safest way to find each other.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't forget to let me know the next date for getting together...I'll be going straight home after work (sniffle, sniffle) as my mom is coming for the weekend...just thinkin' she wouldn't be "pleased" if I said I'll be home later...LOL Goin' for drinkie-poos w/my plant buds

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

WAAAH ... Chantell, you might at least toss the idea at your mumsy to see if she would like to join us at one of the world's most gawgeous and historic hotels? (I had to at least TRY!)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Not thinkin' "mom" would be receptive to that invitation...but someone please do make plans for another date/time...I will do my best to be there!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, well, it was worth a try! I will have to hold off and play the next play date by ear ... lots going on & all that ...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Seriously, Chantell, the Williard is absolutely stunning and right next to the White House, so if your mom has any tourist in her, this would be a nice outing. I understand that this may not be what she had in mind, but just wanted to second Wrightie's suggestion. It is also just a block or 2 from Metro Center, making it very easy to get to.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

happy - my mom has lived in Northern VA since we moved down to VA as a family in 1976...LOL. She's seen all the sites and then some. My dad was going to be out of town on business so she thought she'd split the week up between my sis' house and mine. Believe me after the way this week's been already...I'd love nothing more then to chit chat with you gals while enjoying a drink or two...sadly I'll have to just wait till the next gathering...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.