February Daily Weather - Spring is around the corner!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all,
I really appreciate Sharon starting this thread for us. I wasn't sure I could have a computer while mine was in the hosp., taking advantage of that expensive warranty renewal I paid for last year.
I have been here time and again and something happens between text and send.
Joey, that big cat was scary. I too would have concern for Jack. Henry wouldbe gonners imediately with his attack now, ask questions later attitude.
Have enjoyed all your pictures and and it's going to be an early spring here.
I'm planting tomatoes today.
;)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, a wild pig would scare me more than a mountain lion, maybe even more than a bear. I think that comes from reading "Old Yeller" as a kid. That's a story where a dog gets attacked by a wild pig.

Very nice pictures, D-fly.

We got 0.8" of rain this morning.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 9:51 AM PST on February 03, 2008
48 °F / 9 °C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the SE

(Zone 3b)

Strong wind Monday afternoon through late Monday night...
Today
Sunny. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs 5 below to 5 above. Light winds becoming north 5 to 15 mph.
Tonight
Clear. Lows 10 to 25 below. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Local gusts to 30 mph toward morning
As of 9this morning, it's -26°F in the Butte, which is south about 3 miles from here. It is lower than here on Lazy and gets much colder. We are at -12°F. Sure hope it gets up to -5°:)
Kiska
Good morning; life is busy:)))

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Joey, I like your "pussy tomcat". Lol.

Adina, thanks for sharing! The gorgeous Bucharest!

We had real strong winds today. I didn't go out. You know, wind brings virii (viruses) Lol.
But I dared to go out to make some pics, when it faded. We have some water level increase in the Neva river. But not that much.

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge

The building on the embankment.

The TV tower zoomed.

Ice flowes

On the steps to water of the Neva river tonight.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ric – I see sort of (about the snow acting as an insulator)!
Deb – There is an azalea bush at work that already has blooms on it. I’ll take a picture tomorrow. They are so pretty.
Joey – We have bobcats here especially in the Greenway (not a lot though). He’s a beauty. Boo is only 7lbs, but she has a huge cattitude! Callie is about 10lb.s and Sylvester weighs in at a whopping 22lbs. That’s why he’s my “hunka chunka burnin love”!
Adina – That’s one of our squirrels! They are so cute, we haven’t had any problems with them. The lights are so pretty! Do they stay up year round? I also like the look of the confectioners – yummy!
Marsue- It’s a passion vine. Here is a link to it. I’m still cutting it back some. I’ve found some GF caterpillars and one in the process of pupae. Obviously I’m going to be very careful to not disturb the cats. I’ll post a picture. It is the host plant for GF butterflies and cats. Here is a link to Lady Margaret
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57444/
Bev – Pretty pictures, but Brrrrrrrrrrrr!
Juri – More great pictures! Thank you for sharing with us!

61.7 °F / 16 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 43 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/hfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m
Scattered Clouds 9000 ft / 2743 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog developing. Lows in the lower 50s inland...in the mid 50s coast. Southeast winds 5 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight.

We got up to 68* this afternoon. I did more trimming on Lady M. and started some seeds.

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Had rain, thunder and sleet this morning in one storm. Was at Wally World when it hit. When I left a guy behind me said it rained lumps. lol. The ground was lumpy from the sleet. That struck me as kinda funny. lol

Now we just have a drizzle. Much needed moisture for the ground.

Currently: 36°F Drizzle
Currently: 2°C Drizzle
Wind: East-Northeast at 9 MPH
Humidity: 93%
Dewpoint: 34°F
Barometer: 29.80 inches and
Wind Chill: 29°F
Wind: East-Northeast at 14 KPH
Dewpoint: 1°C
Barometer: 1009 millibars and
Wind Chill: -1° C
Sunrise: 7:24 am
Sunset: 5:41 pm

Pep, one more for you!

Hey, your road's clear again! LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I agree w/ Kelli Wild Pigs are much more dangerous.
I've hunted them....
my G-Uncle had a 125 stich scar from a gun mis-fire when he was a boy.
Seriously fierce animals.

We had a wonderful day working outside.
I hope I get some time to do a little cleanup outside at work tomorrow...... lol!

Ric

I forgot to mention that I saw a Robin this morning!

56.7 °F / 13 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 10 °C

Back to the game!

(Zone 3b)

Clear. Lows 10 to 25 below.
North wind 5 to 15 mph.
Local gusts to 30 mph toward morning.
music2keep~certainly seems as if that is one big cat in your neighborhood..very scary.
Adina~the photos are beautiful. My DD does not play hockey; her 3 children and husband do, though.
Bev~your trees/frost are gorgeous.
KG~once again, your city pics are so beautiful; thanks so much.
MySharona~glad you saw a robin; that's a sure sign of things to come.
Ric~how awful for your G-uncle.
A few eagles down at Homer. My family was there for hockey tournament and my DH took this.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Kiska, That shot of those eagles is great. It would be nice to see them. We very seldom see one. BEV Oh! 34 degrees and still raining.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

kiska, it was -17 degrees and you stopped for ice cream on your way home from the hockey game?!!!

Kashtan, love the picture of the Marble Palace. Must be an extraordinary place with its various types of marble. Probably the only place in the world like that. Your night photos are really nice. I have not learned to take night pictures yet.

The little Westmoreland terriers are so cute. I am still looking and need to find some home breeders. My son breeds black and silver German Shepherds but they are too large for a house dog.

Joey - the cougar pictures are scary, They were native to Pennsylvania in the 1890's and were known as mountain lions, panthers or pumas. I understand a few have been sighted up in the northern border with New York State.

Our large nuisance animal is the Pa. Black Bear. Their population has exploded in the last 3/4 years. Some of our dumber residents feed them suet cakes in the wintertime. If I see them in my yard, I will feed them something a little more substantial. The game warden is kept busy trapping and relocating them.

We have experienced an extraordinary day! After what has seemed to be weeks of grey, grey weather, wind, ice and rain, we had an early spring day with temps of about 45 degrees, and SUNSHINE! - There is hope for the world.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Enjoying the variety of photos today! Ice and snow at one end...little GF caterpillars at the other.
Pretty city pics in between. And that Mntn. Lion! "Heeere kitty, kitty."

Well we had a gorgeous day. High was 68F and it was so sunny. I got some work done outside. Communed with the birdies. Ahhh. I so wish it would stay this way. Low tonight, only 47, and upper 60s again tomorrow, they say. Wish I didn't have to go to work.

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow either. lol

(Zone 3b)

se-eds~sounds wonderful today. After trapping the bears, how far away are they relocated? Just think, the ice cream was much warmer than the temperature:))
minus 5 as the sun is setting at 5 pm. Due to get a bit colder by morning.
Deb~love the gymnastics of the bird; sure has a grip there. Also sounds nice in SC.
Wish you both could take the day off:)
Along the Sterling Hwy, to Homer, Alaska

This message was edited Feb 3, 2008 5:24 PM

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Homer, Alaska
End of the road down on the Homer Spit. A beautiful setting for the town.

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska - it certainly is. What a place your Alaska is!

(Zone 3b)

Deb I hope you can come see, too.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Kiska.........Here's a link to a song by Ellis Paul about a bar called Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer Alaska.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxM7kDloK8Y

Alice's Champagne Palace
from the album American Jukebox Fables

You take a rickety plane
from Seattle up into Anchorage
You step on the concrete
gazing at the midnight sun

Jump in my pickup
and we'll drive
Bring your troubles
down highway nine

I got a pullout couch
and a job lined up at the cannery
Catch a ride to Homer, Alaska,
brother, the drinks will be on me

(chorus)
We'll raise a glass
lift a chalice
Welcome to Alice's Champagne Palace
The finest bar on the strip in Homer, Alaska
If you're from New York, LA, Dallas,
you'll find a home at the Champagne Palace
Alice will pour you a cold one
You go ahead and ask her,
if you're running away to Alaska

Now the mountains rise from ocean to sky
in Homer, Alaska
And they'll steal your breath
and your troubles in the blink of an eye
You'll hear a band with a steel guitar
there's a window seat right at the bar

The whales are breeching
And Alice is preaching
"Like a Rolling Stone"
She'll push a mason jar
across the bar and say,
"Mister, welcome home"
(chorus)

You've never been to
a prettier place than Homer, Alaska
You'll never find a kinder face
than the one behind the bar
Homer's a town full of misfit toys,
renegade women, runaway boys
Everybody's got a
story here in Homer Town
I guess sometimes you gotta go
to the end of the earth
just to turn yourself around
(chorus)

Copyright Ellis Paul Publishing SESAC

Well.........The stupid groundhog saw its shadow! It's still winter here. ;-(

Photo.......Basketball Ballet........at my daughters basketball game.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 3b)

eb~love the photo and title. The action is great. How long has she played?
The song about Homer is right on:)) Will check out the youtube site.
Across Cook Inlet, near Homer, is this volcano.
Mt. Redoubt if I'm not mistaken.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska – What a treat to see several eagles at close range! They are beautiful. Great picture!
Se_eds – So glad you got to see some sun! I know you feel better for it.
Deb – Great picture! What type of zoom do you have? I don’t want to go back to work today either. It’s going to be beautiful this week. I feel some Spring Fever coming on! LOL!
Kiska- Homer does have a beautiful setting! Wow! Is the volcano still active?

57.0 °F / 13.9 °C
Fog
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 0.1 miles / 0.2 kilometers
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EST this morning...

Today
Partly cloudy. Widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. High 74. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

The remaining buds have fallen off the Christmas cactus. Boo is grumpy this morning, she's not a morning cat - needs to go back to sleep!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dense Fog out, only in mid 30s.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' All! We are at 42° & a little cloudy. Phil may have seen his shadow, but this weeks forcast is way more like spring. Tomorrow "they" say it will be up to 70°!
At Dublin...
Fog: 37°F
Feels like: 37°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 37°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 0 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:24 AM
Sunset: 5:50 PM

Well the family is fairly perturbed...about the cat pics. The guy that said he "took" those pics...he down loaded them from the internet! There even was an article in the Roanoke Times about it! http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/wb/149414 A lot of people are PO'd at him! Needless to say he is on every body's "poop List"!
I know that there are some here (visible evidence & the smell!)...& when Jack won't go outside on a pretty day! (or he sniffs the air & runs back inside) and I here a low "growling" (gives me cold chills) in the woods behind me...Ric & Kelli thanks for the info. I will use it!
Thank you all, for you concern. :)

E_B, pretty neat song! And pretty neat Basketball Ballet! :D
Sharon, Great looking succulents! :D And we have the bob cats...have seen & heard many!
Kiska, your pics are Wonderful! I love the one of the volcano! Wow! A beautiful setting Indeed! :D And Love the "up close & personal" pic of hte eagles! :D
Juri, Great Pics! Such a fantastic visit! :D
Adina! Wow!
Deb, Your pic is very Springy! :D Pretty

Todays trivia is...
To measure how far away lightning strikes (in miles), count the seconds between the lightning and thunder and divide by:
a) 2
b) 4
c) 5
d) 10

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey - I'm not sure of the trivia - so wild guess C

The fog is so thick here, less than 1/10 of a mile

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Overcast and "moist" (humid)here at the present
Thunderstorms coming in tomorrow.

Current conditions as of 8:01 am CST

Cloudy
Feels Like: 66°
Barometer: 29.86 in and steady
Humidity: 94%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 64°
Wind: S 6 mph
Sunrise: 7:05 am
Sunset: 5:39 pm
66° High: 71° Low: 61°

I'll be back later to read the posts and comment. I may have to go buy a new mouse--mine is not wanting to operate correctly. :o((

I'll say 'A' Joey since I always thought it was one second. You just can't trust those Girl Scout things anymore. I'm sure the new time/distance measure is more acurate.
I imagine that fellow has not read the story about the boy that hollered "Wolf". Making noise while walking also moves out snakes.
Bev, I too enjoyed the winter wonderland pictures.
And Juri your tour of St Petersburg are beautiful.
Adina I enjoyed yours of Bucharest too.
I also saved several of Kiska's for the owner of this borrowed Lap top.
And the bird and critters pictures are terrific.
EB, you have a great name for a bad picture, LOL. The girls are best left out of focus I agree. BB is my favorite sport. Daddy was a BB coach in small schools in Texas. Several near where TF lives now.
Well the ground hog didn't see his shadow yesterday morning here.
I think if he was out for an afternoon romp he did.
We are nearing a 75º today.
Going to be warm week.
;)

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

It is 42 degrees and so foggy that you cannot see a block away. Going to lift by noon and then rain some more. Goody goody!!! BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

Oh, Bev be very careful.
Sidney

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

the kids loved the pictures, good break from their schooling. they get to do extra catch up work, while DH is still sick and i am getting it. baby is better except his tummy ;-(

we are under a wildfire warning here, and a wind advisory. with a winter advisory to the West and a Blowing Snow advisory to the North! got to 70 yesterday, close to that today. how is that for interesting weather???!!! We should get a mix of snow and rain tonight and tomorrow morning, then warm up again :-)

i'm getting ancy about starting seeds, just need more energy and time. the front entry gathered a lot of dust & junk the last two years that i didn't use it!

wishing everyone wellness and good weather to boot!

tf

(Zone 3b)

-17°F dark 7am But; could be worse, it's minus 30°F just a few miles down the road.
This is from Fairbanks now:
Fairbanks /Ft. Wainwright -44 °F / -42 °C Mostly Cloudy 6:43 AM AKST
Fairbanks -43 °F
Will get back later; take care out there in the fog.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! It's warm here again. It's going to be pushing 80° this afternoon. Tomorrow we're having another chilly front (with rain, of course) push through, but it's not going to be quite as chilly as the last one (which wasn't as chilly as the one before). The Mexican plum tree is just starting to bud, so spring is almost here!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CST (46 min ago)
Temperature 73 °F 23 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 73%
Pressure 29.94 in 1014 mb
Wind Speed 21 MPH 18 kts
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 77 °F 25 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 70.0°F / 21.1°C

Iberia, MO(Zone 5b)

Everyone has great pictures the one with the Eagles was great!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope eveyone is doing good. We had snow thursday maybe 2 or 3 inches all gone now. It's 68 out this morning sunshine and windy. To nice a day to have to go to work. They are saying snow flurries tomarrow night with thunderstorms tomarrow . One thing about Mo. if you don't like the weather stick around an hour or two and it will change. Our snow while it lasted was great. Our granddaughter made about 8 snow angels so she could show her grear grandpa how it was done. He said he didn't even like the thought of laying in the snow he would just watch. Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon, a squirrel, so cute! I just received this and wanted to share it with you!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Kiska, great shot of the eagles !
My Christmas Cactus finally bloomed one bloom !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOLOL Adina!! That is adorable!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.