So tempting.......

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I know they are not named, but it is so tempting to get some folks to go in together and buy 500 plumerias from Chris. I mean, a buck a piece?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/808439/

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Sounds like a great idea!!
Kim

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Sign me up! Let me know what I need to do.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

You could line the driveway with them. You could have a large plumeria bed. Think of it. So tempting...............

Yes, I was tempted too, it's a great deal, but trust me, 500 sticks is a lot of sticks, so unless you work at a flea market or something like that and can offload some....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

that is a good price..

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, maybe a bunch of people could go in together and get 500. Maybe like a co op.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

It is a fantastic price...but the only one I would really be interested in is the rainbow of her picture...which isn't one of the ones offered! Darn!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I really need to do a plumeria garden..I think in the front garden. I already have too many mistreated ones...and some of them are getting so big they are becoming an issue pulling them out of the ground for the winter. I left all of them in the back garden this year..they seem to do just fine.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Rjudd, I was thinking the same thing. It would look so pretty to have an entire area filled with them.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It would... I saw a place in my neighborhood where they have a whole row of plumerias..it looks very nice...but must have some space

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Don't know how they behave in Texas, but here on the island, they tend to completely lose their leaves about once a year...there will be clusters of flowers on the ends of branches, but no leaves. Not a really gorgeous sight. I suppose if they were kept small it wouldn't be a problem, but these guys get big!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I know..I saw that in Hawaii...thought it was strange looking...yet they loose all the leaves ..I'm glad too because it gets rid of ickies that have collected on them

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

We have one plumie, Singapore White, that keeps it's leaves year round.

Personally I really like the bare-with-blooms look.
Around here I am known as the woman with that yard full of sticks. Then in the summer people stop and ooh and aah...... to me it's worth it.
I got some rainbow varieties from Buried Treasures last year. It's an almost luminous bloom. Here is a picture.

Thumbnail by
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

if you are going to do a co-op, i would like in please

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Me too, please please please!

Me 3!!

I think - with 500 cuttings - everyone better specify how many they want to be in for.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

wonder how many would fit in a flat rate box.. I would be in for that number... quite a few I would think... at least 20 or more and the diameter makes a difference if they are single tipped. Count me in.

... mmmm maybe even more. Lost a LOT of mine this winter when they got too wet before I brought them in for the winter. did not dry out enough and it got too cold fast to leave them out to dry.

Tammie

I would go for the flat rate rate box full. :)

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Good thinking and question, LhasaLover! inquiring minds want to know!

(Cathy), MO

I would do 2 of each color if 8 would fit in a flat rate box.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Someone pointed this thread out to me, so if you have any questions on these, feel free to ask.

Regarding Flat rate boxes, these won't fit. They're too long. About 6 can fit in the triangular tube.

If you do decide to do a co-op, no nursery license is needed by us. They would be shipped from Mission, TX via DHL Ground, most likely.

Not to worry, if no one wants to run one now. These are available at this price from mid January through May.

Chris

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

so would i

(Cathy), MO

Good, I was wondering about timing of the shipment. It's way too cold to ship anything here here right now

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

wow.. they must be long... the flat rate boxes I use are 12" long. It really doesn't matter because cuttings don't weigh that much anyway. Just plain priority boxes would work and they do have those triangular ones for free as well as some others...regular priority box is 15" and the triangular ones are 25"... 4 paint markers to mark each cutting with the color and boxes to put them in.. if we can get enough people to go through 500 cuttings, it would not be that difficult to do. I even have address labels and have done other co ops.

Tammie

Tammie maybe you better start a co-op thread then!!
I assume the cuttings are already marked for color.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hetty - that is beautiful!!!! Ya know, I know of one or two on island that never seem to loose their leaves completely...and they are the singapores...must be something about that particular variety. I love these so much...but I must chant....I can't have any more trees - ohmmm - I can't have any more trees - ohmmm...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think I'd like 2 of each as well..

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I would be interested too... if 6 fit in a box I would go for 6.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know how this works, but I would sure like to get in on it. 6 maybe?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I would go for 3 of each.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Will they live year around planted in the ground in zone 8a???

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I might be a little bit tempted! :)

Just a little hahaha!!

(Cathy), MO

Tammy admit it! You're ALOT tempted! :-)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Man, I can't get by with nuttin tonight! HA HA HA

(Cathy), MO

Plumerias are beautiful

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm not sure about living all year around in zone 8a....It's a gamble for us leaving them out here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.