Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

white diamonds-duo

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

PS...Robert and Karen,
Hope you both get better very soon!

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Cat, a huge number of great varieties. I always love that Time for Magic.
What do you know about Anastasia? There are several varieties with that name but I don't recognize yours. Indeed it looks like a lot Millennium Superstar.

Regards

Carlos

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Carlos.
You were right. Some of my labels were misplaced during the last freeze, so putting them back, was not always correctly :(

Anyway, I edited it above.

The only thing I can tell you about Anastasia, is I own it, it's by the chain fence, according to my data, and I've not seen it bloom yet.

Sorry about that.
Cat

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Cat, I'm so jealous that you have all those beauties blooming now! I wish mine would bloom that nicely during the winter! I did have a couple this week...Antique Treasure is going to be open tomorrow so I'm waiting for it, then I'll upload all my pics (Allure, Barry Schleuter, Heartbreak Hotel are the others).

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Can't wait to see yours.
One advantage of living in Eastern Central Florida....tropical weather.
One disadvantage...no greenhouse for cold snaps.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I've had to move a bunch into the house and they are not happy. I've been pinching the buds off as they form so all the strength stays in the plant and it is killing me. I know they will be gorgeous in a few weeks when they can go back outside. It has just been so unusually cold here this year.

Katy, TX

Very nice Cat I really like Midnight Moon. The texture really caught my eye. That is a lot of blooms keep up the good work.
Gene

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are mine for this week...

First up is Barry Schleuter

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Allure

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Heartbreak Hotel (first time this one's bloomed for me)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And finally Antique Treasure

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I LOVE the winter colors of Antique Treasure. Heartbreak is so pretty. And Allure...always a knockout.

Hi Gene, got Midnight Moon from Matt. She blooms constantly and consistently :)

Tulsa, OK

I don't have alot but every one just lifts my spirits during these grey winer days! 1st up Amazon Queen

Thumbnail by ultimateshopper
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Ooh...that one's a beauty! I'm going to have to check and see if it's one of the ones I ordered or not!

Tulsa, OK

Heaven Scent - I have this in the office

Tulsa, OK

Simple Pleasures - opening up

Tulsa, OK

Simple pleasures this morning - opened even more - love her vibrant colors I think Saffron will open for me next week - can't wait to see if it's going to be a yellow or orange!

Tulsa, OK

Don't know the name of this one - but it's a definate constant bloomer -a bit leggy but I'm waiting till it warms up to make cuttings and allow it to get bushier

Tulsa, OK

a better view - sorry they are a bit dark - still trying to get used to DH's camera!

Tulsa, OK

Ecrane - I actually bought Amazon Queen from HD last year - it's the first time they have ever carried exotic hibiscus in Tulsa so it was quite a nice surprise! She sometimes give me twins in these winter months - but in the summer she's covered!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Lucky you! My HD never has the really nice hibiscus (which seems sort of weird since I'm in a warmer climate--you would think we would have a better selection!)

Tulsa, OK

Seems like HD is trying to expand their garden section - so perhaps 2008 will be your lucky year!!

I believe Barry licensed Amazon Queen to Hines. I fell in love with that one last fall when I first saw it in Colorado. I was able to ship some small plants home on that trip. On my next trip to Colorado I plan on bringing a very large empty suitcase in case I find it again.

This was the Amazon queen I saw in October.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Tulsa, OK

I'm going to Florida next week & am thinking of doing the same empty suitcase thing too lol!! :) I love that picture - the plant looks lush & full of buds - funny you wouldn't think Colorado would have it - it's usually so cold there. I've heard some people will buy those plastic box containers & ship the plant finds to themselves since they can't actually travel with the plants. I guess it'll have to be an overnight thing so the plant doesn't stress too much?

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh my gosh all the flowers are so beautiful!! Cat, I am green with envy over ALL your gorgeous blooms!! Liz & Ultimate, yours are great too!

I'm so longing for spring when I can take all mine back out and get them "whipped back into shape", lol :-)

Thanks so much for all your great pics!

karen

Tulsa, OK

Don't worry Karen - your zone will get it's spring way before mine (zone 6) does so it'll be whipped back sooner than you know it! :) Ivana

Ultimate, it was at a wonderful nursery in Longmont. CO, outside of Boulder. Next time I visit my son it will be forget sightseeing - take me to that nursery! LOL

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I will add to this thread a pair of seedlings that have bloomed this week. Both crosses have unknown parents.

Regards

Carlos

Thumbnail by carlo05
Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

The second seedling

Thumbnail by carlo05

How beautiful Carlos, that second one has lovely shading.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.