March Mayhem Butterfly/Hummingbird Seed Lists

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, then sew em up! LOL
Cat is gonna have fun when she gets back to her puter tonight! HA HA HA

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

it will take forever for her to get caught up

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yep, but she will be laughing so hard her tummy will hurt! Ok, I think it is my nap time now! You all try to behave!

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

do you think we should start a fresh page........................ this is getting rather long!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Been lurking and bust'n a gut too. Seriously though, I'm so glad y'all are growing Pussy Williow. Viceroy butterflies need that plant to lay their eggs and when they grow up they prefer to eat rotting fruit!

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Cat, I guess all the naughties decided to take a nap! LOL
Yes, a new thread please. :)

(Cathy), MO

Wow, this has been a busy place today!

Go here for new thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/806781/

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the info on the Viceroy butterflies, they are so pretty. I can't wait to grow the pussywillow, I've wanted one all my life.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My neighbor recently clear-cut all the willow bushes and trees around my pond. (He owns the rights to the very tip west end.) If he only knew or cared that several butterflies used his willows as a baby nursery maybe he could have cut down just the weed bushes around them. He considered the willows were weeds. ((sigh))
I had posted that same picture on the bf forum in conversation about my Monarchs I had just released. I thought they were Monarchs feeding on the rotting plums and bananas I had left out for Red Admirals. Thanks to the many butterfly enthusiasts on that forum, they quickly id'ed them as Viceroy and gave me an explaination to be able to tell the difference in the future. Who needs books when you've got DG! LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Amen to that.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
Hey Sunny, tell us what kind of flowers you're looking for and we can all start putting your names on what we send in.

I'm not picky... :) My favorites are any kind of agastache, salvia and hyssop, as they grow well from seed for me and both hummers and butterflies really like them. I like scented foliage and scented flowers too. I'll try to grow just about anything...haha. But the surprise package is fine for me, really. I don't want anyone to go to a lot of trouble, I'm just looking forward to playing with new seeds from the mail!! I haven't traded seeds with anyone since last Winter pretty much. It was so dry here and we weren't allowed to water, that only my hardiest stuff even lived last year even though I snuck rainwater and greywater out to things. All of my hyssops and agastaches did great, but even some of my morning glories didn't make it and they are usually pretty tough :( My tea olive tree just barely eeked by, and I'm not sure that my baby daphne will make it, she's looking pretty puny right now.

I still don't know what I'm sending, as I've been trying to get everything organized to see what goodies I can pass on to other hummie and flutterbye lovers!

Happy Hump Day everyone :)

(Cathy), MO

Good morning Heneni. We are on the below thread now.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/808280/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.