Are ya'll ready for S-N-O-W?part 3

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

oh i agree!!! the bathroom is the worst room in the house. far as cleaning goes yuck.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I hear ya. I would like of those steam cleaners. I wondered how they worked. I use a pillow for my knees. It is really hard work. Can't afford anything being out of work. Try to save money when I can.
I used to clean one thing at a time, before the cleaning lady. But I really like that everything sparkles at once look. It lasts about a day and then the dog drools on the floor and leaves little spots. (I can blame all the mess on the dog)
DH is pretty tidy. He was a bachelor for about 8 years and liked a clean house. I am lucky. Never have to pick up after him, and he does dishes.
I like the house clean for me. If I sit down and see dust and spots, it is time for a cleaning. At least I can feel that I do something around here.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

my husband ir really pretty neat also. he was a bachlor for al long time before we married also. he does dishes also so i guess we are pretty lucky huh?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

No skool here today either!!! its beautiful out and still snowing!
our1-2" sure ended up being more like 6-8". I have the grandbabiez today
so will have a full house-made a big pot of chili so were set for the day-means i can play with the kids. lol

i have cabin fever-spring fever and just let me play in some dirt fever!!!
sure am glad we have the snow to cover up all my plants-i get worried when the temps drop and the ground is bare!

off to read some of the other forums and garden sites!

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Millington had school, much to my sons dismay. It is still lightly snowing, and it looks like maybe 4-5 inches on the ground. Sure glad we got all our split wood stacked yesterday. (It was so cold I almost put it off)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

just came in from pushing snow
hubbie is on the quad so were done with that got to go to the eye dr. thats going to cost me have about 6-8 in hope it stops soon have a great day
Gloria

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

About 8 inches here (east of Bay City)!

Thumbnail by MsKatt
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Another...

Thumbnail by MsKatt
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yeah, I think we ended up with almost that here. Nice and light and fluffy though.
I took the quad to walk the dog. The plow was all the way up, but still plowed snow on the trails, so I know it was pretty deep.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

8inches here too- i went out and shoveled the sidewalk so the grandbabes could get to the door!!!

boy dont i wish this was working-the neighbor gave it to us!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Enjoy the grandbabies today!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the pine tree loaded down with snow!

Thumbnail by notmartha
south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

sun was out for a while...looked out the window and it is snowing to beat the blazes...lake effect now....

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

yes the sun also poked its beatuful head out here to day also ;) sure was nice to see it it really lifts your spirits. but it is still pretty cold... im really tired of being in the house... we did go out to lunch today that was yummy and then we went to the salvation army and had a look around.. big deal huh? but it was really nice to get out and look around a bit. makes you feel better anyway. and to top it all off the sun made an apperance. have a great day Ronna

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Got about 4 inches...hahaha must be because we are south...the sun is shining..wowow...Ronna...feels so good..even if it is cold..(correction) looks good..will not last long..sun will set soon...full moon tomorrow I think...

Need to go grocery shopping..soon...hope it gets warmer..Love the Salvation Army or Goodwill...stores...yep I will take that..for getting out ...anytime...

Smiles..all have a good night..now..stay warm..and safe..

Diana.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well went to the eye drs. today still a little dilated but good stopped at the club for a while mom and dad stop on Tuesdays after shopping and woulden't you know it a drunk chick needed a ride home she lives at the top of a BIG hill and falls in the ditch so I walk her up the hill and opened the door told her hubbie HERE I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU and shut the door fast got in the truck and told little mister take me home so here I am wet feet and cold but safe and not in jail LOL (choking skinny chicks is against the law) I think Ill go eat now LOL
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Sheesh,
I have to go to the dentist today and get a big huge nasty filling. (tooth broke in half) It should have been capped, but the dentist said he could fill it and take a chance if I wanted.
Hope there are no drunk chicks there. lol.
Maybe they will give me gas and I will be the one staggering.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Well the boyz made it to skool today! The winds blew all night and i was sure the roads would be drifted over, but not to bad i guess! The driveway is full of snow again! Im just happy that ll my plants have a nice thick blanket of snow to shield them from the cold temps.

Good luck at the dentist-i hate going!! i dont have dental insurance(poopy)so we dont go like we should!

Not sure what im going to do today!!! hmmmmm.......

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't have insurance either. But breaking the tooth in half was something that needed to be fixed.
They were really nice and there was no pain. And I have a whole tooth.
BUT, I have a common last name. Seems like there is another lady with the same name in town. Well, the assistant took me back and I told her I was nervous. She started talking about oral surgeons and stuff, and I was confused. She tried to explain to me what was going on, and I tried to tell her I did not know what she was taking about.
She tried to get me to remember my last visit and was very patient. I finally got through to her that she had the wrong person. She blushed, cked the files and explained that the other namesake, is nervous about coming to the dentist, is comonly confused and sometimes drunk when she arrives. She was "warned" about the confused woman that was coming in.
Well I guess I had played right into it, being nervous and being confused.
We laughed for about 5 minutes. I felt totally at ease after that. There was no pain and the dentist, (knew right away that I was not the other lady) just shook her head.
They assured me they would tag my file so that there would not be any more confusion. And it did make me feel better, because the other lady has far more dental problems than me.
I think privacy issues were thrown out today.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The sun is shining so bright today. I opened the drapes so it can help warm the house. It really does. I only have the thermostat set to 68 degrees but it is 73 degrees in the house. I love sunny days! We had a super bright full moon last night. I got up during the night and looked out and it was so bright you could see everything outdoors. Usually it's so black you can't see a thing. It was only 8 degrees when I woke up this morning. Last night when I was watching the weather on the news they said that AuGre only had 3 inches of snow. I guess they don't bother sending anyone up here to measure. ha ha ha I took my yardstick out and we had about 7 inches of snow. Of course it can vary greatly within a few miles. Hubby got it all plowed and we've been sitting around doing not much of anything all day so far.

When Vern retired I lose my dental insurance. I still plan to go and self pay. I utilized my insurance to the max over the last three years in anticipation of losing his insurance. I've got everything root canaled or crowned etc. :) I also just bought myself a water pic to try to do a deeper clean around the gum line. That is funny about the mixup in identy of patient files. That happened to my mother when she was in the nursing home for therapy for two months last year. Her name was almost identical to another residents and it isn't a common name at all. They would give my mom (who has dementia) the other lady's mail. Mom would be reading this card and asking me who it was that sent it. I'd look at it and realize it wasn't even her mail. :) They would give the other lady my mom's tray (reg. diet) and the other lady's special diet tray to my mom. One day when I was at the bone doctor with my mom the other lady was there with her daughter. She told me the van that brings them to the doctor took off with my mom and didn't take her mom since they didn't have her mom down for having an appointment so she had to bring her. That was when she started telling me about all the confusion. I wondered sometimes if they mixed up their medications. I told her not to worry that I was taking my mom home with me and that should solve the problem. The bad part is they both had dementia and would go along with whatever anyone did for them or told them. Scary eh?

I plan to put some more dirt in some of my houseplants today. Like Dori I'm having withdrawal from digging in the dirt. That's the best I can do for now. All my geraniums I brought in are doing fine so far. A few of them are blooming again. Too bad I don't have more room here. Oh well. It won't be long and we'll be able to be outdoors again. I heard a rumor we're having an early spring. Anyone else hear that?

Have fun ladies.

Brenda

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Just look at my post BEFORE I went to the dentist. I said.
"hope there are no drunk chicks there"
Made me laugh again.

Yes, the sun warms the house nicely. We have our therm set at 62' but the woodstove keeps it about 68' most of the time.

Patient mixups can be really bad. I can speak for myself and still had a hard time relaying that it wasn't me. That is really scary about the home. Mixups like that can be fatal.

My geraniums are doing well too. First time bringing them in and they look better than they ever did outside. (execpt no blooms now). I have them in the basement by the slider and have to keep turning the huge pot for them growing towards the light. I am so glad for the knowledge that you can keep them all winter. I never knew that. That knowledge is worth the subscription price alone.

Well, guess I will bundle up and give the dog his walk he missed this morning. (he is telling me that measily 1/4 mile this morning is unexeceptable) I told him I would take him later and like a kid, he doesn't forget.

Early spring? I am just hoping those weather guys are right about 32' this weekend!

Hey, must be dentist day....I'm going this afternoon too. My appt was really for next Tues,but they called this morning saying they had 3 cancellations (bad weather expected) and would I come in. Now I'm a going (not kicking and screaming), but I've had my dose of xanax, so I should behave myself. He better not find anything wrong....I swear he picks and picks until a filling cracks...then announces proudly...'this one should be replace..it is broken"

I secretly believe he just needs a new car or something. I have one of those water pick things and I faithfully use it a month before my appt. The rest of the year it gathers dust under the counter. LOL

Well, time to go scrub out the mouth....really good.

LOL on the mix up....YIKES!

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

For all you with dental problems...google "oil pulling". It's cheap, easy and you'll have a super healthy mouth and teeth. :)

Michelle in Michigan

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Woke up to pretty falling snow about 1 1/2 in so far and still floating down
cold out there! May start some more daylily seeds today-my dh got me some planting soil
so...............i did plant one tomato seed yesterday LOL im very impatient!!

im off to check the site
have a great weekend and stay warm n cozy!!
dori

We had snow too....gray and cold here. I'm waiting for Monday's rain...spring can't be far behind!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's been snowing here all morning..............big fluffy flakes. So pretty. I can enjoy it knowning I don't have to go anywhere. Just sit back and watch it fly. :)

I'm glad we have snow to cover up my perennials. I see where the deer have been tromping around in my flower beds. They are so hungry. I sure hope they don't munch on that monkshook I left standing up. It's real poisonous. **evil grin**. Hope those pesky rabbits don't eat it either **another evil grin**.

I sure hope we get an early spring. Wouldn't that be nice for a change? I'm still leerie of planting my garden until Memorial Day. Nothing like a late frost to tick you off. Some cold weather things I can put in early like onions, peas and I think cabbage. For now I'll just look at the yummy catalogues that are coming in almost daily.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

its snowy here too we have company coming from Detroit!! His brother I sure would not drive all the way up here for dinner and then drive back but he doesnt mind at all his little women dosent mind either I'd be on the floor boards LOL
Gloria

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

It was snowing pretty good here at 4:30 this morning, not sure what time it stopped, but we have a good ground cover of it. not looking forward to it melting away to soon, I still have a few more WSing jugs to do.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

been snowing here all day big beautiful floating flakes-got about 3in.
went over to the neighbors and visited-he is moving out and my son will be moving in!

well off to watch movies or something
My Dh and I did the dance dance wii game this morning it was fun and a work out
i try to dance every day-lose some winter fat i hope!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well its actually not snowing here right now!!!!! cant believe it! and its actually above 20. did anyone get the dmail for the RU in wisconsin? does anyone know where that is and is anyone going ? man i would love to go!!!! maybe we could carpool if any one is going it sure does sound like fun!!! dont you think? im going to google the addy. Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i think we all got the Wis RU dmail I did but NO i don't plant to go
The only thing i have planned so far is going to Paul's thingy down Detroit way in MAy

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hay whats Pauls thing in may?? I'll be going to Dearborn in May some time
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its a plant trade

We haven't set the date yet but it's usually the Saturday before Mothers Day, which this year is May10th.

I'm 99 % certain that's when it will be.
Hope you can make it.

Paul

This message was edited Jan 27, 2008 9:18 PM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

i dont think i will be going either its a bit to far for the couple of days it really sounds like fun though...but i didnt know a bout pauls thingy. maybe thatwould be do able. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Loon almost all of our snow was gone...but it reappeared overnight and the wind... wowowow...all the schools are closed and the colleges around here anyway... i do not have to work so far for today or tommorow. :) so i dont think i will go anywhere for the day...stay hunkered in and on daves garden did any one order on the tall phlox co-op??? wow lots of orders it ends on the 31st... very pretty. i actually got in on this one::::)))) is it spring yet? have a great day everyone. Ronna

Over 467 closings in this area. We were all set for power outages, but so far we are just fine. The woodstove is roaring, I've had a big bowl of cereal and I'm all cozied up under a blanket!! Did ya hear there's another storm coming on Thur/Fri!! Oh goodness...

I'm staying put today!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well sarv48 i know what you mean... im staying in also... please be safe and we have power also. as you can tell or i wouldnt be on the computer...yes ive been watching the news all morn so far and did see the next few days for th weather... bbbbrrrrrr. well this is what winter is all about. have a great day. Ronna

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

DH had Monday off and was walking on the ice out front of our house. Yesterday, it was all water out front.
We lost about 6" of our snow in the woods by yesterday morning. Didn't go back out to see how much more was lost, too slushy to walk that far. But around the house we only had an inch or two left.
Today, only an inch of new snow, but the wind! Heard branches hitting the house all night. DH had to take a blowtorch to the sill of the garage door to get it open. Crazy weather.
I do need to go out today. Sounds like a good idea, as Friday we are suppose to get hit with a bunch of new snow. I will wait till early afternoon to venture out though.

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Unbelievable! It was in the forties here yesterday, and now it a wind chill of 14 below! I am glad I spent the day splitting wood yesterday. Its too dang windy out there now. Its still dark out, but I can see one large tree down in the front yard. The power has been flickering, but still on. And the wood stove is cranking!

I was going to drive to NY to see DH on Friday. (Our 1st anniversary is on Feb, 2nd) He is still there waiting for the GM plant to close so he can come back to MI. I wanted to surprise him, but that storm is coming, and I have done the cross Canada drive in blizzards too many times...so home I stay. I am so disappointed. Grrr.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, I am sorry you cannot go. You must be very dissapointed.
We have our wood stove cranking too. DH has about 4 face cord stacked on the basement wall free from snow and dry. He keeps the stack pretty full all winter. He is so funny. He will pick up a big hunk of wood and ask me if I remember what tree it was from. He knows, because he remembers what tree went in what pile in the woods.
There are piles all over in the woods. We have wood cut for through 2011 right now. He really enjoys his wood. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.