First time harvesting brugmansia's seeds.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I love it to you guys sure are nuts guess that is why we all get along!!!

James

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

♫Wild Thing...I think... ♥ I Love you♫♪

Kim, I think that sounds like a fine idea for the seeds. I am so looking forward to them........Groovin♫♪ on a Sunday afternoon♪♫

LU

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

If we could all take life a little less seriously, the world would be a happier place. So, who remembers their 1st tv? rotary phone? party line? albums? 8-track tapes? Good lord, I AM OLD..... (naa, I'm not, just well experienced) lol

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Sorry you are under the weather James, but am glad to hear you were able to eat a grilled cheese. You must be on the mend☼♫Happy Days are here again♫

LU

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Oh My Gosh AuntB, I think I was 7yrs. old when Dad brought home a Philco TV. It had these big glass tubes that would blow out and the TV repairman would come and put new ones in. I don't know why I remember that so well. All the things you listed above I remember and an automatic washer for mom.☺☺

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane.☼

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I remember all those. The party lines, the color reflectors to put on your black and white tv to make them color. Actual roller skates with keys.

Watched 2 Roy Rogers films today. Wow I used to be in love with him.

"I got a brand new pair of roller skate, you got a brand new key"

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

HiFi stereos and new am transitor radios.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I love that roller skate song! Mom got her automatic washer and dryer when I was about 14... washer- she loved, dryer-only when the weather was bad... still hung em on the clothesline. We got our first tv - black & white console!!! I can still remember the dial to change channels... President Kennedy had just been assassinated, so that was pretty much the only thing to watch for a few days. It's still pretty vivid in my memory, don't know if it's the devastating situation or the fact it was our 1st tv.. The constant coverage did stop and then......Captain Kangaroo, our gang & huckleberry hound! And Roy Rogers and Sky King! Ok, I'm over 50.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

So am I, be 54 this year and wish we still did things the same way we did when I was a kid.

Here's a flash back for you.

M I C (see you real soon) K E Y (Why, because we love you) M O U S E

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, yes, I forgot about the club! And the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night, then Bonanza! (My folks watched Lawrence Welk, I'd sing and dance around like I was one of the Lennon Sisters)I'll be 53 in August... 50 IS the new 30. so guess we're 33 and 34. lol

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

33 or 34, hmmm that would make me the same age as my son.

OMG, I just remembered I have to go to the store and get him a birthday present. It's this Sunday. What a dunce.

Bonanza! Disney! the best shows on tv.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, B. It's a good thing I didn't call you auntie. LOL, I like that "50'ish IS the new 30'ish" We're all young at heart. And loving it.
Kim

I think the sheer joy of watching our little seeds spring to life is a child like happiness and while ever we have that ... we are young! :)
chrissy (admitting to being ...gulp 58 ...the old granny of this youthful group) lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ok, we elect James and maybe Lu to be our big brother/sister here. The rest of us will follow their leads. lol.
Kim

Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

OH :( look at the fun I have been missing. Just got home from work. I am right in there with you, 53 last month. 33ish would be fine with me. My mother is 86 and she says she still feel like she is 40ish.
I remember every day after school we would come home to my dad watching the Flintstones. Sundays were Wonderful World of Disney, Bonanza and hurry home from church to watch Gunsmoke. My dad also got a kick out of Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton. "...Alice... one of these days...POW right in the kisser" Clem was his favorite. Oh those were the times. Don't watch much TV these days. Rather do many other things.
"Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me"

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

lol ok Kim I would make a good big brother but I do not have a car to take the poor kids anywhere...

James

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You can ride me on the back of your bike.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nite nite you, a girl gotta get some zzzzzz. More to post later in the morning.
Kim

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Yes, our little seeds sprouting, a new bud, a new bloom... it's all so very exciting. I was thinking of Red Skelton on the way home, I liked his program.. remember program? and on Jackie GIeason I always thought Trixie and Alice should get an apt. of their own. lol How about TopoJiJo (sp) on Ed Sullivan? I need to check that seed pod but, I'm too tired/lazy to run downstairs... I'm making vegetable soup for this weekend. Robin, I remember that! My cousin was "driving" and we crashed, its funny now! Aw, James,.. brothers don't need cars. Actually, I have 3 sisters, and 1 BIL. off to the kitchen-B

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

LOL

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Good morning, James, and everyone.
The weather is mild today before it will rain again tomorrow here. I'll be busy working on yet more flower bed for the weekend, and will try to package some seeds to send out first to you, James and another buddy in Tx. The rest will be awaiting for the pods to finish rippen.
Have a great weekend everyone. I'm tickled pink, I'll get more space to plants my flowers this spring.
Kim

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Yeah I am going to home depot today to see what the cost of some timber would be for my first raised bed I kind of want it to be huge....lol I wish for big but oh well I will be happy with a small one that i can plant some herbs in and some flowers as well I really like the look of plants and flowers and herbs heck i will even put a tomato in there...lol

Good Morning Kim,

And Great thanks for thinking of me first for the seeds that makes me a happy gardener!!!

James

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

UhOh! I think I may be the oldest one here at 61.......sigh.......I used to be the youngest everywhere I went☻I might have to be the Gramma of this group♥

GOGO Kim, make happy seeds to send us☺☺

LU

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Morning, Lu. Age is but a number, wisdom isn't mandatory. Celebrate our loves and loved ones. Most of all garden happily and heartily -- which keep us young at heart.

James, care to open a continuation thread for this one (since this is too long for dial-up)? Tittle: 1st time harvesting brugs' seeds & New 'lil babiez seedlings? Seems you or Robin or Marie need to this 'cause yours germinated, and mine hasn't.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh lets call it New lil babiez seedlings.......lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Go for it, please, please!
Kim

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm up for a new thread and remember to save the earth it's the only one with chocolate.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Robin,
James has started a continuation thread.
We went here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/814146/

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

Can someone tell me how long the seeds are viable, and, if they have a good "shelf life", how should they be stored--and how long-- to keep them viable.

Thanks,

Brad

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Brad, if I understood it right, the viability/inert ratios drop markably if stored. Some say over a year old seeds germination rate drops drastically. My fresh seeds were 100% success. Older seeds take longer to germinate (most often those need to be peeled off before sowing). And since they don't need prechilled condition to germinate, allow the seeds to dry out, and store them in dried cool, paper envelope. That's what I would do for mine. (I shared most of my fresh seeds, and hope to harvest fresh ones for the coming growing seasons).
Kim

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey, thanks Kim! I am glad I don't have to plant them right away as I have quite a few coming, provided the pods don't fall off green.

Brad

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Kim,I can't make the link work so I can save the earth and get chocolate☻

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

What link, Lu? I'm kinda lost here.

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Kim,Your post above,Feb.16th, up above, says James started a continuation thread and you list a link that says you went there?

Maybe I misunderstood? I do that quite frequently here☻

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oooops, I don't know what happened there. Let's try again.

Here is the link;

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/814146/

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Anyone has seedpod that's this long? This is my first Dr. D x Sauveolens White. It's about foot long. Cool seedpod!

Lu, were you able to connect to the new link?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

That looks real cool :)

The longest I have had was this on on M-22.

It is great to see all the pods you guys have picked and seeds sown out :)

I think about joining the fun. It has become sowing time here too.
Tonny

Thumbnail by
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Tonny; Dr. D thus far performed very well in my gh, I hope to have more of its offspring in the garden. Yours looks great.

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Kim,yes,the link worked this time☺and congrats on your cool seedpod. You sure are doing things right in the Garden World and your new,first time babies on the other thread are awesome,must be a double,triple thrill being a first time☺☺I hope they will be super bloomers☺

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow Kim, that is one huge pod you got there. Congrats, you too Tonny. I've never seen anything quite like them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.