2nd Chance Swap - Pictorial

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'll get this started since i didn't see one yet.

Terese

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Yay, Thank you.

That background fence is amazing. I would do anyhting to have one of those.

Suzy

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I think I saw that picture on another thread last night, is that your bunny haven tcs?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL... yes, you did Lea.

I was trying to assist Suzy with getting this thread opened... and since that image was on my desk top... i didnt have to create a new one.

and I HOPE it's the bunny haven... good place to hide so the coyote doesnt munch them all.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

You know I had a coyote pup at one time, we have a lot of them here, when he first came to our house I tried to feed him and he growled like a big dog and he was only like 10 inches high lol I let him stick around and he drug everything that wasn't tied down from the neighbors yard to ours lol He finally got use to me so I put him in a pen and the neighbor hood kids claimed him and would let him out to play with then one day he was almost a year old I found him on the highway, a kid had let him out of his pen and forgot to put him up :(

I have lots of rabbits around my back yard and I have a wild bird/critter garden with an old cedar tree that they live under and an old outhouse lol They like it under the old outhouse better right by my shade garden that's 75' long, makes me very nervous but they haven't done much damage yet lol

I really liked that thread.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>kid had let him out of his pen and forgot to put him up

how very sad!! that is one reason we have locks on all of our gates.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I had one of those jute snaps on it and the kids acted like they couldn't get it open one kid sure did!

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I like that fence too. I have chain-link on two sides of my back yard. Want to trade?

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's some pictures of the area I'm working on.

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

another view taken earlier two months earlier

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

different view

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

This is a terrible pic. but the best on this computer showing the fence and old chicken house

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

The flowers by the house are just thrown in there without any plan or reason. We need to dig more of the grass up but there's concrete buried there so this will be very slow and laborious.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

These are so bad they left you speechless?

I do have some nice pictures

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

again

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

another

Thumbnail by maozamom

LOL! No, just busy.

However I swear I posted a message about the greenhouse pictures, but I don't see it posted anywhere....are those old windows? That is really neat!

I love the Veronica, how it stands straight up - what kind it is?

Just the litte dip inthe backyard is cool for those of us who are FLAT!

Sorry it's a little disjointed, but I thought I already wrote it out once.

Suzy

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

yet another

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

the Veronica is Sunny border blue . Isn't it gorgeous?

We're flat here too. If you walk around our block it's flat just the center is sunk. Which is good for me because it means our yards on this block are deeper than others in town.

So a dip, eh? I bought Sunny border blue, from Bluestone, and it is erect, but mine is either not as old as yours, or well, something is different about it. MIne is not as attractive.
Maybe I just need to wait a year. Have you tried the seed? Is it viable?

Suzy

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I've had my veronica long enough to divide it once and may need to divide again this year. No luck getting seeds. Hopefully yours will get better looking.

We collected enough windows last sprint to make the greenhouse. We didn't know what we were doing so we were pleased how well it came out.

It's darling and so is the chicken coop. Or piggie barn. Or Barbie Play House...what was it, again? LOL! All those little outbuildings are so neat. I have a storage shed...BOR-ING!

I really like your house, bt I am looking at theplants and the combinations ;)) Well, since we are after the same colors and all, I want to see what you do with them.

Suzy

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

My Dh has fixed the door and windows and made shutters for the chicken house since that picture was taken. I plan to finish painting inside and Dh will build a potting bench and run electric to the building. I want to hang sheers from the windows so they can blow in the breeze.

I'm hoping to see what you do with you colors too. I'm always looking to steal someone else's ideas.

Oh, no, mine is too boring for words... here it is at dawn. The red annual bed.

Thumbnail by Illoquin

And here it is just a cup of coffee later

Thumbnail by Illoquin

Since this is all the same bed, I probably shouldn't be wasting this many posts on it, but I am having trouble finding garden shots when all my files are marked DLC10045 and DLC10046, etc.

Thumbnail by Illoquin
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Bingo! The last picture convinced me I need nastersium. That's why I want to see other peoples gardens. Always another inspiration to be found. You call it boring but I call it lovely. some of my favorite shots of my garden show no flowers at all.

Thumbnail by maozamom
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yerese, do you carry any protection from your coyotes back there!?? Saw that pic on another thread!! Thats a great privacy fence!!

Moaz, I LOVE the fun colors of your home and your cottage garden!!! LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! Love that short bee balm.. Where'd you find it?? Mine get 5-6 feet tall.. need some shorted for a wet bed aread.

Susan

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I only have a couple of pics on this comptuer, most of mine aren't of beds, just individual flowers. Here is a Daylily that NO ONE knows what it is-have listed it on the daylily forum and have not had any luck yet. At first thought it was fulva, but I get seeds from mine & fulva is sterile. The colors in the pic are more muted thatn in person

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Here is the flower on the St. John's wort (which took me 4EVER to figure out what it was-finally the Bluestone catalog helped steer me in the right direction)

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Here is my 'Blanca' Scabiosa

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Mao & Suzy-WOWZERS!!! What purdy flower beds. I can't even compete with that!! Not yet at least-give me about 3 years!!!! DH said if I keep up at this rate he won't have any grass left to mow which is just fine by him!!LOL

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Stacey! Fancy meeting you here! I love your white scabiosa!
Mao, your house is so cool!!! It must really stand out in your neighborhood. Did you paint it? LOVE the greenhouse-Stacey and I were just "talking" about it. And Suzy, I have to admit I was never a big fan of a lot of annual beds and your pics on the WS swap thread changed my mind!(Remember I asked for one of each!) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE annuals and we use tons, but I have this tendency to love only what is unusual ( a bit of a snob, aren't I?) but your pics were like a swift kick in the arse!! Remember the gardening roots, eh? Funny enough, while visiting me mums in PA over the holidays I found some pics from maybe 10 years ago of MY house and our gardens look SOO different. There were zinnias in them and I didn't even remember the beds looking that way. Now they are filled with perrenials and I'm going to be rearranging a whole lot this year. LOVE THE PICS, ladies!!!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

maozamom -- you have a beautiful home. I love older homes... so much charm, but a lot of work.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Susan- Thanks for the color compliments. I have no idea what the bee balm is. I was at a local daylily display garden last July and she had the regular tall red monarda and she had another red that was three feet tall and I forgot to ask what it was. If anyone knows than share the name with me please. I have the shorter 'Coral Reef' I would recommend if the color works for you.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Fairy,

Your scabiosa is beautiful. I have only seen blue before. Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the scabiosa stem rather thin. In pictures that I have seen, they always seem to lean over. Do your stems support the flower head upright?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH... i just love Bluestones catalog.

I'll have to view most the pics later... DH is still on my computer and i'm on his lil laptop with a 12" screen... too small for viewing nice pics.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Fairy- I'm sure your garden has to look better than the bed behind my house. It takes time. You really must take pictures of your whole garden. It helps you be objective looking at what you need and what you have to work with. Look at Suzy's garden and imagine it without the leaves of the nastersium. Although they're another green along with the other leaves they add so much to the garden as a whole. Pictures allow you to really appreciate the form, size, and texture of the garden as a whole. Plus it's fun watching your garden evolve.

flowerhead- I have to take the blame for the colors on the house. At least some of my neighbors think it's blame. We're considering new more neutral colors. The next paint job will be the one it has when we sell. It will be hard. I don't do taupe or even white.

tcs- this was a run down rental when we bought it. What a mess. We said it wasn't just a home it was an adventure.

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Well I LOVE it!!!!

Thanks Penne & flowerhead!! I didn't know what colors I was getting-it was at the end of season sale & both tags just said scabiosa-I got 1 white & 1 blue.

mao-all I have right now are schmatics I did to make sure I was planting colors I wanted next to each other & that they were indeed 3 season gardens. Since these are my 1st gardens, I just got them planted this last year!! Right this second they look like a big plot of mud w/ bunny eaten sticks!!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.