Looking for a certain type of container

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi all,
I just bought a good handful of various Exotic Angel plants (mostly Pilea) on clearance at my local lowes (go check it out!).

I am looking for a source of interesting indoor planters (desktop ideally) in various shapes and designs so that I can bring them into my office, preferably in a mass planting of sorts. I have been all over google looking for such a design that satisfies me, but I have not had any luck.

Is there such a thing as, say, a rounded triangle designed to go on the corner of a desk? Or even a low, wide trough. No taller than 5 or 6". My other option is to look into a deep dish or bulb pan, but I'd rather not have anything round (I know, picky picky!).

Regards,
David

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

My favorites that I've gotten on the internet came from Overstock.com and PierOne. Hope that helps.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Our local garden center has a section of bonsai supplies and they have a lot of different shapes, many of them are squares or rectangles and they usually have interesting glazes. Maybe something like that would work.

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks all I will look around some more. I hadn't considered the bonsai idea!

Regards,
David

Central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Check this site: http://www.trappist.net/estore/merchant.mv?Store_Code=BM
they have lots of different pots, including wide low pots (for bonsai). Houtoku pots are cheaper.

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Well I found many interesting containers (thanks for the links), but the ones that would apply to me are either too expensive or not tall enough. The irregular bonsai containers are great, but they need to be a couple inches taller.

Therefore, until I can be successful in my search, I went to the orange borg today and purchased a 2' long window box. This will allow me to get these things in some dirt (and on my desk -- right now they're in a coke crate on my garage floor) until I figure out something better.

Now I'm wading through Al's soil thread and trying to figure out a good mix....

Regards,
David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.