What is the name of that Music Playing!?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL at both of you.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL,
noooo...my 200 CD disk player is half full of amazon stuff!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have yet to buy from there. lol. But I drool alot when I go searching for something. lol

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh my! I can't do that many at once...5 is my limit, then I change those out for 5 new ones. Just was reminded that I already have Northwind on the Arkenstone/Lanz "Convergence" cd from Narada. Love it. The whole cd is wonderful. But I am still going to get the Narada collection of "A Childhood Remembered" cuz I want that too. Just got some older Acoustic Alchemy cds that we didn't have: Red Dust & Spanish Lace, and Positive Thinking . I really like AA - great to listen to when I am working. Keep the stress levels down, kwim?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll burn a childhood remembered for you. I love that particular song..matter of fact that is how I discovered the Arkenstones..I had to know who did that song it was so lovely...then proceeded to buy anything they did. I like most of it, some of the earlier stuff I can live with out. I think they and Enya have new stuff out I need to aquire.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

i like the gotan project ( a funky argentine tango cd), and loads of acid jazz. it is a good thing my yard is a jungle so they can't see me dancing out there.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...you too huh?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

"Dance as if no one can see you"... maxim for a happy life! Randy - thanks for the offer, but I think JB already ordered it. Listening to Cusco right now... I really like just about everything they have done, and that is quite a bit. Lots of interesting pan flutes and such like.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds great..

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hey Randy, just got three Enigma CD's. I really like them. Especially MCMXC AD - Principals of Lust. Really haunting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

aaah Yes.. They are very very interesting. Nothing like a glass of wine in the evening sitting out with friends..and that music playing...

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

anyone heard of Anthony Ventura? http://www.tunetribe.com/Artist?artist_id=8324 scroll down to most popular tracks to listen to sample

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi, everyone.

I just discovered this thread. My tastes in music are eclectic, to say the least. I love instrumental music. I also have a few singers I like.

First, there's The King: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole that still spins in my car's CD system and my computers and my MP3 player since we returned from Hawai'i over a year ago.

I love baroque music: chamber quartets, pipe organ music, harpsichord, Jean-Pierre Rampal's flute. Favorite composer: J.-S. Bach. IMOHO, You can't go wrong with Bach.

Then there are more unusual instruments: japanese koto, indonesian angklung, ocarina and pan flute. Someone mentionned Tubular Bells. I love that one, too.

Gail and I are great gospel fans but we prefer the live performances over the recorded versions. Our favourite group is Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir. Our town (Lauderhill, Florida) has just announced plans to open a Gospel Hall of Fame. That should be very interesting, particularily if they feature live performances once in a while.

Then, there are Enya and Lorenna McKennitt: lovely music. I particularly enjoy Lorenna's The Lady of Shallott for the lyrics and the haunting sound: ear candy to me. Gail can't stand Lorenna McKennitt. It makes her sad.

Then there are the opera arias by Pavarotti, the Three Tenors. Speaking of opera arias, there also is a wonderful CD by Michael Bolton called My Secret Passion.

I also enjoy crooners like Michael Bublé, Michael Bolton (again) and Andrea Bocelli.

As background music for those evenings where we entertain, I have a series of Yanni's CDs that the CD machine plays softly and unobtrusively all evening when we program it right.

There are a few CDs from Cirque du Soleil that I enjoy once in a while: Alegria being my favorite of the lot.

I am not much of a rocker but I do enjoy Electric Light Orchestra and Pink Floyd on a regular basis: distant memories of long nights smoking intoxicating plants in dark basements. Those were the days, my friends. We thought they'd never end.

I told you my tastes were eclectic. One artist I just can't stand is Céline Dion. Let's not go there.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.