What is the name of that Music Playing!?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Now if you want to mix it up:

Etta James is good.

Also
Koko Taylor ~ Force of Nature
http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000000A0J/104-0139041-9751179?volume=6

but I prefer an older version
Pearl Bailey ~ Ain't She Sweet
http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B00005080B/104-0139041-9751179?volume=6

Then there is John Coltrane and Miles Davis.

Or John Lennon, Benny Goodman, Andrews Sisters, Bing Crosby, Nicola Conte, Billy Idol, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cat Stvens,Robert Mirabal, Nina Simone, Thin Lizzy,Shania Twain, Fats Waller,Pink Floyd,Savoy Brown,Grateful Dead,Hoosier Hotshots,Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, BB King, Bread, Sade, Hellen Reddy, Doris Day, ACDC, Abba, Enya, Back street Boyz,...

and those are just the ones in my car case at the moment that I brought in to switch out so I won't get bored :~)

I like almost all music and find there is something to suit me no matter what mood I am in. right now I am listening to
Slaughterhouse 3 ~ Gary Willis

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Down and dirty with Koko, great suggestion Zany!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I grew up listening to my father's collection that ranged from Gospel to early rock and roll and Opera and my kids grew up with that and everything from there to the present crossing all the genre. My DH was strictly country when we met. LOL Poor guy would be miserable on the weekends when we would play music roulette with each one of us picking 2 albums and shuffling them while we all pitched in to get the chores done.

I have spent years converting old records to CD and now wish I had the time and patience to put them onto MP3 and an IPOD so I could take more variety with me away from the house.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow, lots I have never heard of! I will occasionally listen to a little Vivaldi or Clannad when I need something peaceful, but most of the time my music of choice is good old classic rock. Nothin makes me feel better then what I call "memory music" from the 60's and 70's & loud so you can feel it. My speakers are bumpin right now with Foghat singing Slow Ride, my monitor is actually vibrating, can you feel it? LOL

I need to do what you did zany, get all my vinyl transferred. Don't even think I can still get needles for my turntable so I better do it while I still can.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I LOVE Etta James. Certain section of the CD player have different types of music, but the plants love the soothing music (growth secret Christi)
I can't wait to check out some of this music!
I also love Classical!
This is a very good album, each one seems to differ from the other..but this last one is really gardenworthy..
Goldfrapp http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

With the resurgence of vinyl you can find needles now if you look around. I bought 3 dozen for my turn table so that 200 years from now my great great greats will still be able to play them on the original vinyl which I am keeping safe and not using now that they are on CD's.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I love vinyl records. My favorite is the soundtrack to the move Blue Collar. If I remember correctly it had Richard Pryor in the movie. Been a long time since I have seen the movie.

I also have Count Basie, some classical which I ignore, Duran Duran, flamenco, Roseanne Cash, and a bunch more. And I want more. lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's interesting...we ship alot of vinyl records to Europe on Continental...someone is collecting big time there.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

thanks for the info Zany, gonna get my model number and google it tonight.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Keep shipping that vinyl to Europe! That will make it harder to find the old ones here and someday those Great's of mine will be able to cash in on my then hard to find originals ;~)

At last count I had around 2500 vinyl albums between my Dad's collection and my own. I have been given about 15 milk crates full of them since then that I have not even had the time to go through yet. LOL my kids can fight over who has to take them when I'm gone.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Half Priced Books has a lot of vynal records.

How did you convert them from vynal to CD? We have some very old Hawaiian ones that we brought back from the islands with us in 1966 and I would love to have them on CD.

Jeanne

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Germinator, I'll see your Sonny Terry and raise you, a Brownie McGee, Billy Holiday, Robert Johnson and Albert Ammons.

Classical in the Garden: Rachmaninoff, and need I say it? Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker??? Maybe a touch of Pachelbel in with the Vivaldi?

Coltrane, Davis, B.B. King...

It's all good! But I agree with the statements above, keep it floating in the garden... And there are some things that you just can't converse to...they demand your attention, so for background at a dinner party I will rarely play Meatloaf, Dire Straits, or the Stones. That's for ME!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Sob! Had to put our vinyl in storage! Too heavy to bring out here.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I have my stereo hooked to the computer with rc jacks. I use a program called Groove mechanic to record them to digital from analog sound and clean up minor clicks hisses and scratches. I also use a program called dbPoweramp music converter if I want to save them as MP3 or WAV or any other format. It is very time consuming but not difficult.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Islandshari, just think how great it will be when you are re united with that vinly. It will be an emotional reunion with beloved friends.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yep...it is everytime we come back from overseas! We spend weeks just getting reacquainted with the wonderful sounds. Zany...your set up is just what my DH is looking for. We have a thousand or so vinyl albums we want to convert, but just havent found the time and the money at the same time. I even have an original 78 Caruso and a 78 Tommy Dorsey!!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

The cost is not much but it does take time... lots and lots of time ;~)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Zany! I have that copied into a file....so someday we can do that!

That is some collection, Shari!

Randy, your music in your garden is always Lovely! Wasn't it Shari, Christi? We could have "floated", between the beauty of the garden and the music, and the company!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Still floating....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, and now I have new selections to add!
2 more of my favorites
Accross an ocean of Dreams http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/2406054/a/Across+An+Ocean+Of+Dreams.htm
and
Aquaria by Dianne Arkenstone
http://store.neopacifica.com/aquariacd.html

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I have Aquaria...I love it...both Arkenstones are so talented! Yes, I agree Jeanne! That's one of the reasons I really wanted Randy to start this thread!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I have Across An Ocean Of Dreams and really enjoy it. Now I need to check out Aquaria.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

anyone else having trouble with links. Could be my system but they haven't been working very well for a couple of days.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

No problem with them here. What kind of problem are you having LouC ?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

go to tools and check your pop up blocker..it may be preventing you from going to links

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Or just hit ctrl when you hit the link...same thing.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I learned something new!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Geesh Sir Randy, don't act quite so surprised! People may think you know everything! (Oh, I forgot...you pretty much do!)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep, Randy's pretty knowledgeable!!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

That he is dear Jeanne, that he is!

(Zone 9a)

Islandshari, have you ever seen the two perform together (ST & BM)?

Sometimes it is painful because you can see they are trying to top each other (I guess around their numerous breakups), but when they are really working together it's hard to beat Sonny on harp and Brownie pickin'.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

never had the pleasure of seein them...but have numerous recordings...you can really tell when they are getting along, and when they are playin one upsmanship...but when they are on....ohhhh baby!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Bumping this up, because we have so many new visitors and because DH is doing some music shopping.

Take a look, maybe add some of your own favorites, maybe find some new ones. Have fun!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I know..I need to make some new summer CD's for the garden.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll take a copy.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Enya....Brudda IZ....wouldn't mind having some more of his CD's!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay...at my rate of doing things, we'll be enjoying the music in 2010

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Do I hear the thump of a cane in RJ's post? heh heh heh

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Now, now, Pepper. Just because you are just a babe, don't make fun of us older geezers. hahahahaha

Christi

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Between music, movies and books I think I am keeping Amazon afloat all by myself. The rest of you are covering the profit. They should share with DG!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.