Rawlings Conservatory Holiday Display

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, I laid my tablet down somewhere around the house, still looking for it. I know what these are Da Vinci.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There was a discussion on flowering Jade Trees recently and I commented that I had never seen one flower. Well guess what?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We did get down to the Hampden area for lunch at the Cafe Hon.
Critter, Glad to hear that your Mom is doing good.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2007 12:59 AM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I can just imagine what these streets must look like at night. These tiny little yards are just filled with lights and action. Some of them are very interesting.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This one was Ric's and my favorite. The hubcap tree and the snowmen that are made from bicycle wheels. Hey a great way to Recycle.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Love the group shot! Sorry I couldn't make it, but really enjoying the photos - thank you!

I was so busy looking at all the pictures, I almost forgot to mention - February 2!!! We recently made plans to travel to Florida in February and thought to myself - Oh No, I'll miss the tea party! BUT, we had to shuffle our dates and now we won't be leaving until the 11th - I'm marking the 2nd on my calendar :)))

This message was edited Dec 19, 2007 5:26 AM

Crozet, VA

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I will definitely have to visit next Christmas. Every thing was so beautiful. Thank you so much for the pics Gita and Holly. Nutmegmama, so glad that you were able to make the trip and meet two of the gals from our group. You got to meet extra special ladies. I am sure that when I meet you, I will feel the same way about you too.

I see Critter's announcement of the Tea/Seed Swap. I sure do qualify if amount of seeds has to do with anything. ha-ha I am a seed snatcher, where ever I go. Thanks to all who have hosted get togethers this year. Hart's is the only place that I have been so far, but I am looking forward to being more involved in 2008.

Again, thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.

Ruby

Crozet, VA

Wonnderful news Debbie. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Ruby

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

where is the Rawlings Conservatory?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

wind,

The Conservatory is in Druid Hill Park--pretty much next door to the Baltimore Zoo.
It is right off of I-83 which comes into Baltimore from the North through PA and ends in the City.
The exit you want off of I-83 is "Druid Park Lake Drive." At the 3rd traffic light (Swan Drive) turn right and you are looking at the Palm House. Can't miss an all-glass, 5 story building! Parking is yukky right now as they are working on the street right in front. It is the first step to a planned renovation of all the area and all the gardens, etc. that the Conservatory sits on. It is one of 3 actively still functioning Conservatories in the Country. Always worth a trip--especially during one of the 3 Mega-Shows they do every year.

Druid Hill Park is easy to spot on a map, as there is a good sized lake that shows up on any maps. You could Google The Baltimore Zoo and it should show the area. Or--Google: Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory and Botanical Gardens of Baltimore.

I am heading to Bloomfield, NJ for Christmas. Do it every year to be with family.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Gita
Here's a Christmas Tree I made from a huge pine cone. It is about 12" tall.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's the top of it.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And here is two pictures of the bottom.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will be giving this to my Niece in NJ who is (again) hosting the family get-together.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, Great tree, that's a pretty big pine cone. Have fun with your family and enjoy your holiday. Merry Christmas.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly,

I bought 2 of these huge pine cones a couple of years ago somewhere after Christmas on clearance. They were called "sugar cones". Wish I could find more.......

Thanks for the pics of Cafe Hon! They are a hoot!

Gita

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Great pictures, Holly and Gita. I'll try to get mine (Ron's) posted -- maybe Friday. This week has just been hectic both at work and at home. That was such a fun day, beautiful flowers, great tour and Cafe Hon was just a hoot but good food, too.

Sherry

Crozet, VA

That pine cone tree is certainly cute. Your niece should really love it.

Ruby

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful and festive floral display!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Take another look at "nutmeg's" husband Ron.

I told him he should let his hair and beard grow out and he would make a bundle as santa. He's got the looks and the glasses and all.....Working on the Ho--Ho--Ho......:o)

Thanks for your kind comments about my pine cone tree. That was our November project in my "Craft Corral and Chit Chat" class.
In January we are making "Puppies in a Basket". Ever see those? They are made out of gloves.......beyond adorable if you take the time!
I'll show you the finished product.

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

It can be kittens too.............

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Never seen those baskets (don't go to craft shows)but they sure are cute

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Gang, I am so sorry I didn't get to go with you but to make up for it, I took my next-to-last vacation day this year last Wednesday & DH & I went to Longwood Gardens. I have many many pix I took. I'll load them into the PC and post some in a new link. Happy Holidays to all of you & your families. Buttoneer

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

well, finally, I got pictures uploaded - - now that my cards are mailed, gifts are wrapped, cookies are not quite done but I'm getting there . . . .

Here's a few pictures.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2007 4:33 PM

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

It would be helpful if I hit the browse button before I hit send . . .

Christmas tree in the entry room

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Spanish moss

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Palm -- Ron was "into" closeups, I think.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Papyrus.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

This was a really huge agave. Kate, our guide, told us some very interesting stories of how they moved these plants into the conservatory.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Cactus.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Back to the poinsettias and the toy soldier.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

The pinks were really beautiful.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

The one picture I took . . . Ron and Gita sampling some goodies.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Windows at Cafe Hon.

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Last, but not least, my master cookie decorators, at work. Husband, grandson, and oldest son.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Oops. Now I need to attach the picture. . . .

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great pictures, tell Ron he did a wonderful job. Looks like they are doing a great job with the cookies, too. Your Grandson is just adorable.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Like the Papyrus one, very interesting. Nothing wrong with closeups. Pictures show us things we miss with the naked eye.

Thank goodness for digital & cropping ; )

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing,, guys, those poinsettias are great

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.