SEED OF THE MONTH- Winter Sowing #2

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Illoquin It is totally up to you. If you want to send it, go ahead and I will use them as extras. If you really don't want to part with them, don't send them and don't worry about it. I'm sure we will get enough seeds for everyone. I am posting seeds as they come in. People may wait until they see what is available and make more choices. We're pretty flexible.

Peggy

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Pegg, please save me some sneezweed 'Mari Gars' if no ome has asked for it already. I saw it on r30's list .
Thanks Deb

Southern, United States

Ok, I guess I'm confused too. I was thinking it worked like a regular swap and we send it our have list and those requested are just tagged. Not everyone joining has requested seeds so they would be left out if we just sent it tagged ones. Is this right?

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes. I have not seen several that are on the participation list on here to request seeds at all. That is why we just send what we want to send and if some are not spoken for, they will be divided up as extras. I think that is what Illoquin did when she hosted a swap because I got many more back than I sent in.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I put new adds on my list of seeds I'm sending in.

Southern, United States

Ok, caught up on requests from Cordeledawg, blue eyes, and robynznest from this morning.

Flowerhead, can I have some of your Japanese anemone pink?
Bhaugh, can I have some of your pink zinnia's?
Robynznest, can I have some of your mt. fuji mix mg's?

Thanks!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Okay, I'll still send them -- I just didn't want people to GROAN when they saw them in their envies, y'know?

Suzy

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Got it Bloom.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Does anyone have Shasta Daisy 'Crazy Daisy'?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Does anyone have lupines, the kind that grow "wild" in Maine, not the fancy ones?
Mittsy

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/162115/

This message was edited Dec 9, 2007 6:29 AM

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Suzy, I definitely would not groan. I'm finding out (through daylilies) that the plants I like on screen are not necessarily what I like in life. Any seed I get I will grow, because it could be a really great plant that I just never considered due to lack of familiarity.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Mittsy, can you link to plantfiles on the wild lupine you want?

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks to everyone for the trades.

I may be AWOL for a few days. We have an ice storm coming in that the weather is saying could be as bad as the Jan 07 storm. We were without electricity for 12 days then. My DH brought me home a 1lt Diet Dr Pepper because if we were without electric he didn't want to have to live with me with caffiene withdrawal. It's nice to know he still loves me after 30 years. Or it may be self preservation HMMM...

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

ROFL!! :D

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

mine brought me Mt dew. Its definitely self preservation. No electric for 11 days with us. Will not do it again. I will move.

(Cathy), MO

We are supposed to get it here too. And I am supposed to be going to St Louis for a 3 day training! If it does what they say, looks like I will be late!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

don't go cat. stay home and play with your seeds.

(Cathy), MO

Mandatory training! BUT...if the roads are too bad, I won't be able to get out anyway! :-)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thats right and its better to stay off those roads, I heard St, Louis has very icy roads.

(Cathy), MO

And they'll be worse tomorrow! Have a good night. I'm heading for the shower & bed

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

me too, good night.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

I hope everyone in MO is alright :o)
I never noticed how many there were from MO....WOW!!!

Keep safe and stay off the roads.
While you are gone I will be adding seeds to my have list :o)

Mittsy-sorry, none of those Lupines here...will keep my eye out for you though :o)
Robbi

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Cathy, be careful.. Work not as important as safety.. Learned that the scary way in DC years ago.. I insisted on going into work. DH didn't trust me to drive so he drove me.. Good thing too cuz I would probably not have been here.. Our car spun out toward a truck that was jack-knifed in front of us.. Good think DH knew how to deal with snow and ice (he used to be a nutcase, practiced driving on ice and snow for fun). Missed the freaking mess by a hair-width.. , I stay in when there's ice storms.. Learned my lesson.. Think you should stay in too.. Too dangerous..

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh, Robbi, can I get a few Carica Papaya, Asparagus 'Atlas' seeds??

bhaugh, can I get triple datura white and triple datura purple??

Thanks..
Lindy

(Cathy), MO

Thanks Lindy. I don't get out when it's icy unless I have to. Snow doesn't bother me too much. I guess you get used to it.
I totally agree though, our lives are much more important than work. That's why I'm sitting in a warm house checking Daves Garden instead of driving to St Louis this afternoon like I was supposed to! :-)

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Good idea Cat. Luckily if the roads are bad then I can stay home. If the boss wants me he can come and get my A**. Last January when we got the ice I parked at the top of the hill and my truck slid down the hill and into the vet clinic. We had to replace the wall in February, talk about a pain in the butt. I think it would have been cheaper for me to stay home that day.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

glad to see you stayed home cat :o)
Lindy-they are in the bag for you :o)
Robbi

(Cathy), MO

Me too! It's kind of nice having an unplanned "down day"!!! I'm puttering around doing exactly what I want to do!
I think the worst of this one has passed. It's slick out there but nothing like they thought it might be. Another front heading in late tomorrow though from what they say
What did you guys get down there Peggy?
Robbi, this is probably normal for you!!!! Do you get lots of ice too, or mostly just snow?

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

right now it is mostly snow-to cold to melt and refreeze. The ice was earlier and we will get it bad again in the spring.
Robbi

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Thank you Robbi!! :)

And we just got winter advisory here now.. We're getting an ice storm tonight.. Hope it's not too bad cuz we got doc appts tomorrow.. Poo.. Gonna have play it by ear to find out if the appts are still on.. It's like the Seinfeld episode.. Wonder if I can charge cancellation fee if they cancels on us?? If they're open, and we don't show up, they charge cancellation fee. But if we show up and they close their office, wonder if we can charge them.. Humm.. :)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOLOL-that would be nice Lindy-LOLOL

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Definitely would be nice.. Especially if we brave the weather in the morning to head to the doc's office.. :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Robbi, do you have extra Papaya, if you do could I have some?

Well Stink!
It's been raining all day with the temp hovering right at 32. Trees are already covered with ice and some of the cities north of here have started losing power from downed lines. The temps will get down tonight and all the roads will be ice covered in the am, hate this crap. More of this stuff on the way tomorrow. It sure would be nice if it did like it did in the summer and just pass us by. I want the drought to be over, but not like this.

YUK!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

We needed the rain but not like this. We are still getting rain now and it is 28* so I bet tomorrow will be the pits. DH had scheduled vacation for tomorrow so if the roads are bad he can get his behind out of bed and take me to work. Teach him to rub in he has a vacation day and I don't. The bum is off next Friday also. That's ok, I get off days he doesn't when the boss goes to a horse show.

Just saw the forecast and they are calling for up to 3/4" more of ice and there is another storm lurking off of Tulsa for looks like tomorrow. I HATE WINTER.

Good thing I have lots of books at home to read. Looks like the red dog and I will be in the recliner curled up with a book.

(Cathy), MO

Be careful; out there Peggy. Looks like we are going to try to make it to St Louis in the morning before the next one hits. I may not be on for a few days. Stay safe!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Good luck and drive safely.

(Cathy), MO

Thanks, though all I have to do is get to Osceola! The other gal is driving. Have a good night everyone

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh my.. Cathy please be careful.. Even if the other gal is driving.. We'll be waiting for your safe return.. :)

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Every keep safe, sounds like lots of crazy weather for everyone. I also have doc appt. Lindy. Mine is not until after 10, so I'm hoping roads are better by then.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Robynznest
got it in the bag.

Everyone stay warm and safe. Stay home if you can...will be thinkin of you :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.