Dumpster diving for coffee grounds

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Good suggestion. I'm guessing discontinued, too. I don't drink there so I don't know offhand. My other thought was the slight chance that an employee was sneaking a treat out the back door to retrieve later.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL if that is the case they are gonna be feeling like there is no honor among thieves ;~)

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Ah well, serves them right!

Helena, MT

Thanks All on the clarification on the coffee grounds. I have read atricles on feeding coffee ground to worms. I do the vermiculture thing, and although worms are like "Mikie" and will eat anthing, I find there is little food value to adding coffee grounds to my indoor worm composts.

Someone once told me to use coffee grounds for my pepper plants. I made the mistake of putting the ground in my germination mix and the results was not good. I now see where I made my error. To the outdoor compost bins we will go...Thank you much.

morgan

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

my son just measured 120 degrees in my lasagna bed while the compost is cold. I'm loving lasagna beds more with each passing day. I need to quit fussing with the compost and let it sit for awhile.

my 'found' coffee appears to be no longer in stores but gets some rave reviews. ( I can't imagine liking my coffee flavor enough to write a review) I think I'll try it. Now, why didn't they just offer the leftover coffee free to some random lucky patrons? That might have just made some people feel lucky.

Or pass it on to a soup kitchen or food pantry. It just drives me nuts when perfectly good food is thrown away. Did you know that in some hotels, if you don't use the little coffee packets, they throw them away when you check out and won't let the workers take them home? Since I found that out I always take them and pass them on.

I'd better get off my soapbox before I get all steamed up, haha.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm betting anything it was left for a later pickup, either by an employee or a friend, heh.

Cynical? Me???

Darn straight!

Well, there is no honor among thieves!! If its sitting in the bin for removal, its first come first serve! If it was by the back door I wouldn't have touched it.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL but if they left it by the door someone else would have!

sallyg, you evidently have a higher toned quality of dumpsters to pick from. I'm close, I could come up..............LOL

we'll add you to the list for the diving expedition !!

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

:-)
Still enjoying the reading, and thank you for the explanation of As the Worm Turns. :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

:} I was thinking of submitting that as a synopsis for a new tv show. It would be moreinteresting for me than most of what is on the air these days!

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

No kidding - that's why I don't get TV..shut it off last spring and covered it neatly with a nice curtain and flower pins. :-)

Oh, 4paws sounds tres chic! LOL Let me know when you wanna dive, sally! I can see us all getting thrown in the slammer for bad behavior. Hmm, that would make for interesting conversation with DH...............grin...........he knows I'm nuts! LOL

Mmmm. Bold yet smooth. Makes me feel like I'm by a campfire,on a trail in the northwest. However, a cardboardy aftertaste???????
The people who review their coffee probably think we're nuts, so its even.
I think the 'boxes for mailing' cover story is particularly effective this month.

mulege, Mexico

It might also work as a sit com. I can see the promos: "these sill worms are so twisted!!!!(instert canned laughter) Why they don't know which end is up!!!!!!(insert more canned laughter) Watch them try to wiggle their way out of the messes that they get into!!!! (more canned laughter)

Can't think of a title anywhere near as good as "As the Worm Turns" but I just woke up. Maybe later. The floor is open for suggestions.

katiebear

katiebear- you are a pun master and if you know my dad you know I know one when I hear one

mulege, Mexico

And, if you are busted for dumpster diving, you tell them you're doing reasearch for a TV pilot. That's worked before. Police worship and fear the media.
kb

ROFLMAO!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

News Update: At 0800 hours today dancing monkeys were seen in Fortuna, Ca. According to witnesses they were last seen escaping from a suspicious looking pile in the yard of local resident, Zanymuse.

It is not known at this time if the monkies belong to this resident but we have it from an eye witness that Zanymuse was seen putting a cardboard covering over the top of the pile in an attempt to prevent more of the creatures from escaping into the cold morning air.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Not to take away from all the fun here, but I wanted to share this:

How To Plant Your Garden

First, you Come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses....

FOR THE GARDEN OF YOUR DAILY LIVING,

PLANT THREE ROWS OF PEAS:

1. Peace of mind
2. Peace of heart
3. . Peace of soul

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF SQUASH:

1. Squash gossip
2. Squash indifference
3. Squash grumbling
4. Squash selfishness

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF LETTUCE:

1. Lettuce be faithful
2. Lettuce be kind
3. Lettuce be patient
4. Lettuce really love one another

NO GARDEN IS WITHOUT TURNIPS:

1. Turnip for meetings
2. Turnip for service
3. Turnip to help one another

TO CONCLUDE OUR GARDEN WE MUST HAVE THYME:

1. Thyme for each other
2. Thyme for family
3. Thyme for friends

WATER FREELY WITH PATIENCE AND CULTIVATE WITH LOVE.THERE IS MUCH FRUIT IN YOUR GARDEN BECAUSE YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW NOT BAD,HUH?!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Not bad at all. :~)

I had my son rake back some of my steamy bed and stuck in 3 big pumpkins that were mush from freezing. I sure hope the heat kills the seeds. The bunny poop arrived, 6 big bags. Can't wait to feel well enough to get outside for more than a few minutes, I'm getting house buggy. Thank you all for being out there in cyber garden land so I have someone who understands this fascination with compost, worms and lasagna!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Yummy, wormy lasagna with a compost crust! Who wouldn't be fascinated?

mulege, Mexico

A soap opera, a sit com and a cooking show. Soon to come: The Worm Channel.

Who's more twisted - us or the worms?

katiebear

You all are cracking me up today, haha!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

The more we crack up the smaller the pieces. The smaller the pieces the better the composting... See, it all works out for the best ;~}

mulege, Mexico

For a mystery show we'll have Ellery Green and "The Case of the Dancing Monkeys."

In the horror/suspense catagory "The Bermuda Grass the WOULD NOT DIE!!!!!!!!!!"
The sequel will be "Die, Bermuda Grass, Kill, Kill."

For a game show "Germination Roulette."

Who started this?

katiebear

Worms need news. Instead of traffic, its the Compost Report. Who's got manure, grounds, other tasties...And tragic deaths occur in Wormworld- "Today's hot sidewalk claimed seven.."

HGTV: Heap Hunters: takes viewers behind the scenes as worms learn what to look for and decide whether or not a Heap is meant for them. Focusing on the emotional experience of finding a new heap, each episode shows the process as worms search for a home.

mulege, Mexico

Jerry Springer exposes all the dirty little secrets that black gold tries to keep hidden. "We will leave no worm unturned in our search for the truth about compost," Mr. Springer vowed.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

ROFLAPMP!

mulege, Mexico

add it to the compost.

ha ha ha

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Maybe we could have supermodel Giselle Wormchen model the latest from Wormtoria's Secrets?

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Does cotton compost?

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Yep, sure does. Those old levis can be shredded up and composted.

But they are better cut into strips or squares and made into rugs or quilts that are lovely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.