How is your harvest?

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh DonnieBrook, that looks so good! What other kinds of citrus trees do you have? When we lived in south Florida many, many years ago, we had lots.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Victor and Bebop! See that homemade bird bath in the citrus pic I posted? I just walked by the sunroom windows and saw a mockingbird just rolling around and having a ball in my clay pot birdbath. LOL He was lovin' it! I have another one just off the patio, and two neighborhood cats like to come and gently sip from that one. The pots and saucers are just the right height for the birds and the cats. I caught "Butter", one of the cats, lying in wait for the birds just around the corner in my sunroom garden, so I had to have a talk with him about that! So far no tragedies! LOL

Bebop - we have a generic orange (not sure of the variety because I lost the tag); the tangelo, a ruby red grapefruit, a tangerine, a meyer lemon and a dwarf patio meyer lemon that I planted last spring. My DH said he always wanted a grove, so he planted our mini-grove in 1995 and we have really enjoyed the fresh citrus.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Today I dug most of the carrots and got them in the freezer. I just had to take a picture, they were so beautiful!

Thumbnail by bebop2
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Bebop - Those look great.....so pudgy! What is the variety??

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Red cored chantenay. They are good on our heavy soil.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

They look yummy!!!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Mmmmmmmmmm! Those are really nice, Bebop!

I just came in from planting 3 varieties of short day onions. You would all laugh if you could see where I planted them. They are stuck anywhere I could find little strips of sunny soil. It will be interesting to see how they do in the sandy soil down here. This is a first for me as to short day onions. Stay tuned. I'll get a shot of my silly onion strategy at some point.

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

I've never grown short day onions either. Aren't they supposed to be sweeter than what we grow up here? Is Vidalia a short day? I look forward to your picture of your onion strategy.
Today I picked the Brussels sprouts and got them in the freezer. It was snowing at the time which doesn't hurt the Brussels sprouts but sure made my fingers cold.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's snowing? YUK! Please don't send it this way, even though the hunters would love it!

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Yeah, here is today's view of our once beautiful vegetable garden. I guess we can bring in the scarecrow now. Nothing much left except a few carrots, rutabagas, broccoli and parsnips.

Thumbnail by bebop2
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

SNOW!!!!????, Bebop???? Oh, Dear!! Don't worry.... that lovely garden will be there waiting for you in the spring! In the meantime......rest and relax and enjoy the garden catalogs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.