Finally got everybody indoors!!

North Augusta, ON

Not much room left and Hubby is grumbling to himself, but I got them all back indoors.
This is the dining room, west window...

Thumbnail by threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

Dining room...south window...

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 7:55 PM

North Augusta, ON

Half the living room....

North Augusta, ON

Kitchen...

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

OH my goodness. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'd love to see the Outdoors, when they're all Out!
x, C

North Augusta, ON

Thank you. They mostly hang out in the screened in front porch and on the back porch....a couple hang from a red maple over the pond. There's more...an Oleander and a Hibiscus tree in the bathroom, one bedroom has grow lights and the upstairs hall landing is full....lol...poor hubby.

North Augusta, ON

By the way....I ripped up the carpet in the dining room this spring, now can't decide what to do with the floor. That's 160 year old wood, but I can look through the cracks into the basement. I don't want more carpet....open to suggestions......

(Zone 1)

WOW!! That's what I call an Indoor Garden!! I'm impressed! I'm afraid if I moved all of my plants inside, hubby would move out! We've been married 38 years and I guess I'm glad we live in Florida where we can leave plants out all year round!

Oh ... I am soooo envious of your Indoor garden! I've always said I wanted just ONE plant room .... you have an entire house full! Just remind your hubby that you have the cleanest indoor air of anyone in the country, since green plants do clean the air and give us that wonderful oxygen! Just tell him to .... Breathe!

You really did a fabulous job of displaying everything! I'm trying to figure out where to put some things inside if we have any cold weather this winter. I have some decorative iron plant brackets that I want to hang in the bedroom in front of the french doors and then put a pvc pipe or something across them to hang plants from! Haven't told my hubby about that idea yet ... may just have to do it while he's at work one day!

Clinton, MO

threegardeners - I think you need to change your user name to ManyGardens! :)
It all looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing pics!

North Augusta, ON

Thank you!!!

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Love all your plants!! Thanks for sharing.

About your floor - it would be a shame to cover up that wood. I saw a program once where they were refinishing an antique floor, and they used rope to fill the cracks. If I remember right, that is what they used to do on ships. Anyway, it looked good when done.

Florence, KY

in the kitchen window, in back of the fern, what's the name of those plants?

I did notice the floor looked a little strange, now I know why! Is that
160 yr old wood still good and strong? How wide is the widest crack?

Florence, KY

in the kitchen window, in back of the fern, tell me what those are?

I did notice the floor looked a little strange, now I know why! Is that
160 yr old wood still good and strong? How wide is the widest crack?

North Augusta, ON

Directly behind the fern is an ivy....I think it is called "mermaid" on account of the leaf shape, above and right is an unnamed Episcia.
That 160 year old wood is as strong as ever!!! The widest crack is maybe half an inch.

Florence, KY

ok, all you need to do is refinish your wood floors. The cracks give it much character.
I live in an old log house and there are many, many cracks in the wide plank wood floors...as amof
you can see down into the kitchen and LR from the bedrooms upstairs! Good spy holes, LOL..
thanx for naming the plants, I wanted to be sure of the name of the middle one.
Sunny

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

plantlady hereis what I have in back porch, kitchen and main bathroom. Just so you know what it looks like to put a rod across the windows. I put a few metal shower curtain hooks across as I put it up so there is extra to hang plants. Also have made a hanging shelf for small plants.
Never did get around to painting the rods!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I love the plant hanging on the left. What is it? It sure is pretty in that container. Lou

North Augusta, ON

Nice fancyvan...I have the same setup in my kitchen window....except I used a brass curtain rod and instead of brackets on the wall I used hooks screwed into the window frame at the corners....gave me enough room to hang 6- 4" hanging pots......it gives a lot of room using rods either way.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

dispatcher that is a begonia - ID'd as either Tiger Kitten or Kit Kat by the folks in the begonia forum.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ooo Carol, love that begonia. Is it Mary's? Wonder if she'd let me have a cutting???

Joanne

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Jo No it is not Mary's I had it from somebody else years ago - I have a smaller one if you want it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Are you sure? I'd be happy with just a cutting even. I'll call you this weekend and see if you're around; want to pick up those Hollyhock seeds too.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Jo I will be going to off leash parks both mornings - home about 1030 and otherwise only committment so far is a meeting on Sunday afternoon - will be leaving about 330pm.

Federal Way, WA

Thank-you for sharing your wonderful plants! I too have lots of houseplants ; 52 to be exact. Half in my office and the other half in the kitchen. I am so very happy to see ALL of these wonderful people ; who just love plants!!! Thanks for making my entire day!

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I'm a few days late in finding this thread but just wanted to compliment you on such a nice arrangement with so many plants to be brought in doors threegardners!! I think it looks wonderful and you have a such great variety of plants too!

I second, third or fourth the idea of refinishing the old floors, that is so cool to have wood that old and still going strong!! Maybe fill the cracks from the bottom if it is drafty from the basement....

My DH swears he is living in a potting shed but he enables me when I ask for more hooks to be put up etc so it can't be too bad for him! I go with the clean air story that Lin suggested also! LOL

~Brenda

(Zone 1)

Fancyvan: That's exactly what I want to do ... with the brackets and rods for hanging plants! I will get it done before our winter hits - which is usually January/February ... so I still have some time!

I'm loving these photo's! I really like seeing how everyone finds room to move plants in for the winter months. I keep saying I wouldn't have nearly as many plants if I lived up north with all the work it takes y'all of moving them in and finding space for them. I am lazy so I guess it's good I live in Florida where I can leave stuff out most of the year! We do sometimes have real cold temps the first couple of months of the year and there have been times where a lot of things have had to be crammed into the Florida room and garage and even inside the house. But, usually if we have a cold snap the temps will be low just for a few hours overnight and we can get by with covering plants with old sheets and blankets! I do remember one year back in the late 70's, early 80's timeframe where we had a hard freeze and cold temps that lasted a few days .... plants did not like it! We lost some 8' high hedges that were the entire perimeter of our back yard .... froze to the ground and never came back. My huge Schefflera's in the backyard will get knocked right down to the ground but they always resprout in spring time. They are invasive and cracking the pool deck and hubby is going to be taking them out before long. One is right next to the house and we are afraid of it cracking and damaging the foundation of the house which they are known to do down here!

Well, I hope y'all post some more pic's soon ..... I'll be watching!

Bend, OR

I also LOVE all of the pictures. My male counterpart has been complaining about all the plants and not enough room.I have told him that I am going for a jungle indoors. I can't wait to show him your photos 3gardeners, perhaps I can then get some peace to go with my clean air! lol

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello All,
Thought I would add my picture of my plant hanging poll..... It seems like we all that the same idea....

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
(Zone 1)

Very Nice! I still haven't hung my brackets yet! But we are still pretty warm right now. Daytime @80, nights @60. Either Friday or Saturday we are supposed to get the coldest weather yet with lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's but it's supposed to only last one day then back to the high 70's! It's way too early for us to get cold weather yet! I still have time!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Great picture, Char! My problem is that my indoor/outdoor plants are all small trees now - nothing really hanging size! Besides, gotta get him to hang a curtain rod in front of the patio door before we start heating the patio all winter again, lol. (Too broke for a new door.)

x, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.