SPRING OF 2008 PLANTSWAP FOR WEST MICH ????

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Cant wait to meet all of you!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Flowrgirl I just Noticed your from NC This swap is in Michigan :)) I would love for you to come all the way to our swap I'll Even Have a special GIFT Waiting for you :))) or do you live up here in the summer :))) ??? I'll still have a gift for you :)

they say we are going to be in the 70's today so going to try to get a few of the beds cleaned up I go May 8th to have cataract removed from my right eye & I sure hope I can have all this taken care of & Healed before our swap .

well time to get busy ya all have a great day .
susie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

she will be moving back to michigan shortly!!! cant wait to meet you michelle!

Im so excited to get back to MI!!!! I havent been there in almost 8 months! That is officially about 7 1/2 months longer than i have ever been away from there! Im coming home around May 10th. I start work on the 12th on the Leelanau Peninsula.

Meet you all soon! THanks deejay9, a gift! oh goody!!!

Im bringing named varieties of helle's, iris and daylilies for sure. Plus im gonna try and create some fancy pots, painted wood signs, painted old windows and whatever else i can conjure up!

michelle

sounds great I thought I read somewhere that you was moving back :))
I have some Honeysuckle potted up sure hope it grow strong & Maybe in bloom for they smell great when in bloom .
windy but warm out side nice working in :))
I found some spiderwort , lots of Irises , many many daylilies :)) & we have rain coming in tomorrow evening so that should really help out
our gardens .

well I have johnny cake in the oven for daddy 's supper & then I'm off for the out doors again to check out the other gardens :))
Have a great evening .

susie

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

How about posting your recipe for Johnny Cake? :)

Very simple 2 boxes of JIFFY Corn muffin Mix Found in any store Follow Recipe on Box Pour In a 9x9 SQARE Cake pan :))
Bake till Golden Brown Cut into 9 SQuares , Serve in Bowl with Milk , you May want to add Sugar or Honey if you like :)))) .
Daddy Likes Honey ,
He's a farmer from way back , His Other favorite is Farmers dish

3 Beaten eggs , 6 TBS Flour , 12 TBS Milk pinch of salt ( OPT) MIX & Pour Into a HOT FRY PAN With Cooking oil
when gets Brown FLIP_IT Over to Cook on other side Like a huge Pancake , Smother with butter & syrup & EAT .
any time of day ,

You can also use same ingredence & make spoon size in Hot oil for smaller Pan Biscuits :)) or Bread :)
Kids love them better then pancakes :))

well its been a long day Had my Night cap & Now its time to lay back , good night all .

susie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello,
Mich. gals. Hi Susie and Vickie!! I have to browse fast cause i can't stay here too long there are so
many things to do! You all know!! It's spring into action time!! Lots to do before the dreaded Heat & humidity
come and ruin my pleasant summer days.
Oh you won't believe it!! I went to my garden club on Thursday and they made an announcement that a Horticulturist was giving away her green house. I went to see it and I am going to get it this week!!
I almost can not believe it! I have wanted one for ever. But a free one !!
I took a picture of it before we go take it down. I am going to do it with my handyman who does
work for me! It should be , well an adventure! The top has one motorized vent and one manual vent!
It is 18'x10'. Well it is good enough! I am pretty excited.
Julie

Thumbnail by jazzzy704

I"M Very Very Happy for you Julie It looks great Would love to have one here & If you find you have NO PLACE to put it :)
I have LOTSA Room Here :)) So KEEP ME IN MIND :))

ANY ONE Here Like Any Honeysuckle I Have about 10-15 New sprouted Growth all potted up . LOVE THE AROMA
well my brother will be here soon we are going to get the garden worked up so have a great day .

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

Jazzy- that is great! im so jealous! I have wanted one for ever but for free, WoW!!!!!

Enjoy it.

Lake, MI

Jazzy,

congratulations on your new Greenhouse!!!

I can see your brain just a ticking LOL

I saw the work your Bf did on your home he is so handy I will be anxious to see what he does with this.

Amos

Julie
Please add me to your will.
When you croak I want your greenhouse! LOL

Hey how many plants are we suppose to bring to the swap?
I mean I would feel like a gump if I brought 20 and everybody else brought 50.

I will be Bringing about 40-50 that I have potted up well I have about 20 pots right now &I still have over 1 1/2 mos Yet :)))
so at this time there maybe 100

Everone will give a count of your Plants when you arrive so that you will be going home with hopefulling that amount of new types of plants :)))
some times there are plants left just for the taken .

well it has been a long hot day & ready for a shower & good night sleep .

susie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Vickie hope you can come to the swap now that your calander is "open'" that day! It will be nice to see every one!!
Ok I will bring as many plants as I can!! Wow it will be a real Hoot!!
Is this for ALL people ??? locals and such or just Daves Gardeners ??
I am not sure?? Dori are you coming??/
Ok who is Definately coming??? Amos? flowrgirl? Wantebe Gardener? hemlady? glevely? Wiggleypaw?
de ann?
ROLL CALL......

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im not going to be there-sorry!

I will be there!

Yes would Be nice to have a roll call I have recruded my vetenarian & his wife yesterday when I took my bird to be clipped :))
This is open to all of Mich- Ind- Ohio- anyone who love to garden & love to find New plants or even some craft Items :))
I can hardly wait to meet you all sarvy I hope you will be able to make it also & Gardenlady sure hope to meet you also .

Jazz did you get your gh yet? is it going to be heated ?? May have to bring a few of my plants up to store till this cold spell is gone .
what a change in temps .

I hope to post a few poster this next month into the area stores .

also if you would like a map as to how to get there please take the address above & type it into the map quest & it will give you turn by turn info as to how to get there :)) I will also have SIGN"S Up at all major intersection going into town .

It will take all of us just to have a fun day getting to know each other yes invite your friends to join us .
Don't forget to bring a dish to pass for I will have coolers & there will be electric there to keep things hot also . also grill for any specialities :)))

Don't forget there is a playground for the kids & piggly is giving buggy rides also :)) can hardly wait to meet her also .I was just over in freeport the other day at my sisters , anyway this will be fun .

& if anyone is a member of the Michigan perennial group you can make memtion to them .

well I have to go cover a few plants from the cold so have a great weekend .

susie

i may bring an extra guest or two!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I have to work that day RATS I would so love to come hope every one has a great day and takes lots of pics to share !!!
Gloria

I plan on coming if all goes well.
Won't be bringing any plants, just want to meet everybody.
I don't have time to pot up plants and don't need more.
Can hardly handle what I already have in the ground and
new purchases this year. Oye! I have to STOP!! ;o)

This message was edited May 17, 2008 8:43 AM

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry, I am not coming to this event.....

Deann

deann , sure wish you could make it but know it is a long drive & with gas prices will be harder on many of our gardening friends .

I'm hopping to have extra veggie plants to share for we may have to do much more canning & freezing this year if these food prices keep
rising .

Sorry I'm so late in posting anything but I had cataract surgery last week thursday & I cannot at this time say it helpped me any like so many say it helpped them . I still have blurred vission maybe after I get new glasses for reading it will be better but that won;t be till after I get my left eye done
later in june . it was to be done the 29th of may but with the swap & all I decided to wait on it .

I'm getting so antsy about this swap going to get my ads in our local papers for the next 2 weeks I hope

well I have to get off here & get busy you all have a great day & look forward to meeting you all .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Im disappointed but Im unable to make the swap boo hoo!!! So sorry I have to work. I sure hope you all have a great time. Swap some plants for me okay??? Again Im so sorry. Ronna

ronna : Was looking to meet you , If your scedual changes I do hope you will come join us . :)
going to hang up some posters & go to the papers :)) have a great day everyone & enjoy the sunshine :))

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I sure will.

Well I went through 130 flyers today & have to make up more good thing I have pull at our local printer office :))) they are printing up another 200 for me :)) also It is posted in 2 of our local papers & it will be advertised on our local WBCH Radio station :))) How cool tomorrow I will be going to a few more towns around to drop off flyers :))) & if there is anyone who would like to print off a few copies to post in your area
please d-mail me & I will send you what I'm printing up .

well i have to get off here & make a trip into town you all have a great evening Jules I hope your sister gets well soon will keep you in our thoughts.

gn all
susie

WOW!
Putting up flyers and announcing on the radio....I hope you know what you are doing! LOL

I cant wait!!!!

I hope to have a great turn out , & Michelle has offered to help me & oh Let me tell you I'm looking forward to meeting you all .
I Know it is going to be a fun day .

I Thought maybe we would have the swapping start about 2pm that way everyone has time to arrive get set up , Have a bite to eat , look around at others plants , & just visit
I also have a few busness owners who close their shops at noon & will give them time to join us for the fun .

well I have to get back out side
have a great day
susie

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

deejay............am I seeing right??? You are inviting the public to this event? I thought it was a Dave's Garden event. You may be creating a monster.....Good Luck!

Deann

yes it is open to the public looking at about 100 or so :)) good thing its a nice big park :))) here's the write up on our local radio station :) anouncement board .
they didn't print the whole thing but I'm sure others will get the message :)

http://www.ask4direct.com/InfoRead.asp?id=WBCH&InfoID=416169

Just got home from bingo & many of my friends from there arw gardeners also & will are going to try to be there :) I know of 60 for sure that will be there , I know it is going to be a fun day . I just hope the weather will agree with us :)) .
well i need to go rest my eyes you all have a great week.

susie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie,
How are your eyes??
I hope they weren't smoking at that bingo!! I hope all went well and you are feeling well.
I never had cataracts ..Yet! but I have had lots of other eye problems all in the last few years! it's old age and stress!
LOL. that is why my gardens are so important to me! RELAXING, peaceful enjoyment.
Well after it's cleaned up. Which it is not yet.
Hey Susie,
I may be OK for the plant exchange I will let you know. I thought my sister would be moving in the next 2 weeks and I would be overwhelmed with her stuff, my stuff!!! UGH! I was a little crazy!! As I said she has an 80 yr old Husband and no children so I am it!
But all is not lost yet, she is going into rehab for 2 weeks. I have to see if she is in the hospital over that week-end..If so I am OK to join you! If she is being released well a different story. I will keep in touch so I can let you know if anything changes and I could help. I never dreamed she would have a stroke! It was so out of the blue, unexpected. Well I know you'll all have a great time. I was just will hoping to be there.
Julie

JULIE my Fingers are crossed & so are my toes crossed :) From a cramp hehehe & I will pray for a speedy recovery for your sister I know how it goes . my BIL is only 57 & he had a mini stroke this last month & he is recovering still but doing fine , they have some great meds & medical care out there for these strokes now days . Oh I hope you can make it . just heard that our gas may go up to $4.15 today it was $3.89 in town yesterday what a jump .

we had a very heavy frost this morning & I had to go out & spray the fruit trees so my fingers are cold & doc gave me the ok to get back into my gardening but my eyes are still little burry I can barely make out this small type so forgive the errors .
didn't want to use the big print & have you all think I was yelling at you :)

Don;t want to get new glasses till after I get the other eye done in mid june :) julie we have flowergirl who is also going to help us with the swap
so i know it is going to be a success :)) .

i need to find some name tags so we can know who we are chatting with all i can find here in town are ones with trains for little kids :(
so i'm going to call over to the printing shop & see about getting some made up :)
maybe will drive over there so I can give my "sister the cook" list for her to fix :))) she loves to cook big meals .

well papa is up so I have to go for now you all have a great day & week .
my heart is starting to flytter over this swap & Just getting to meet so many of you :)

susie

GOOD MORNING
ANOTHER DAY CLOSER :) GOING TO BE VERY COOL OUT TODAY SURE HOPE THAT THE WEATHER WILL BE NICE FOR THE SWAP .
JULIE & ROSE i WILL BE SENDING YOU A D-MAIL SOON .

ANYONE HERE WHO CAN GIVE ME A FEW TIPS ON ROOTING ROSE CUTTING ???

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL

This message was edited May 21, 2008 8:22 AM

Susie
Cuttings for propagation have to be from wood that's had blossoms on it.
Go to the rose forum and do a search for rose propagation.
Theres a very extensive one by Texas Seedpicker.
If you are trying to root a florist rose they are typically not hardy enough for MI.
Most are grown strictly for cutting roses in South America.

This message was edited May 22, 2008 3:46 PM

THANKS VICKIE
i WILL DO THAT FOR SURE . i HAVE A COUPLE THAT i WANT TO GROW FOR THE FRONT YARD :) NOID BUT PRETTY :))

WELL OFF TO THE SHOWER BACK TOMORROW :))

GN ALL

GM ALL :) Don't know about the rest of you but i'm getting very excited about swap only 1 wk away & hard to believe it is so close now :)
i've been busy picking out the plants I will be taken :) besides my daily home duties :)) it is not at all easy :)

i hope not to stress out the plants :) let alone myself :)) so when you get there & see static cling hair you have found me :))) & please
introduce yourself to me ok :)) .

maybe it will relax me a bit more :) as of today I have to get my seeds in the ground you all have a great week & hope to see you at the swap :))

susie

Susie
I don't think I will be able to come.
I am seriously swamped at this end with things to do.
I would love to come and meet all of you but looks iffy at this point. :(

so bummed. I cant come. Dont have my own car so cant get there! Dang it. I have been so excited about this all winter!!!!

Have fun all!

I'm so sorry some of you can not make it sure was looking forward to meeting you .

I also would like to let the ones no that are going to try to join us to not bring a dish with mayo or milkby product it is going to be so hot
& I hate to take a chance of anyone getting sick . I will have a kiddies pool full of ice & ice water & fago for the kids or anyone :))

weather is to clear off by noon so I hope to meet many of you :)

I will be there between 10 am -10-30 am for setting up my pota - tent to give more shade if needed.

well I need to sit back.
so hope to chat tomorrow :))

susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.