had to share my new haul!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have had a very stressful couple of weeks. So when my family and I decided to take a trip to a new nursery outside of Houston, I felt like I hit the jackpot. Huge begonias for $7.95 each, philo gloriosum, a huge hanging pitcher plant for my mom, and a gallon sized variegated monstera for $25! I couldn't believe it! Also got a variegated stephanotis and variegated clerodendron quadriloculare. I could've spent a small fortune at that place. I can't wait to go back, good thing it isn't closer to my house...lol.

Kim

variegated monstera:

Thumbnail by blue_eyes
(Zone 1)

Oh my ... sure wish that nursery had a website! Great haul Kim! That variegated Monstera is Wonderful! I have the solid green ones ... a big one and some smaller, but would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a Variegated one!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

They do! Here it is: http://www.caldwellhort.com/ .

Here is one of the begonias:

Thumbnail by blue_eyes
(Zone 1)

Woo Hoo .... THANK YOU Blue_Eyes!!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh, I bet you were just excited as could be!

Congrats, doesn't that feel good? :-)

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

It felt great!! And really didn't dent my pocketbook near as much as you would think. The lady who owns it is very knowledgeable. And when we got there it was pouring rain, and she gave us umbrellas to go looking. Since this is about 3 hours from home, no way was I gonna leave without walking around so we grabbed the umbrellas and shopped in the rain. There were so many plants...it was so hard to choose. Definitely a stress reliever!

:) Kim

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Good for you!
Add to that those new hoyas, and you're doubly blessed!! LOL!

I wanna see a photo of the variegated Stephanotis, pretty please?....Was it expensive?
I've been wanting one, but being unsure as to whether it would survive for me, I can't justify paying the recent high prices for it

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Great finds, Kim! Definitely a stress reliever!
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.