picture of parking strip - any add in ideas?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

You a sooo graceus.

Good luck in the job hunt.

I have been doing Lasagna beds for about 4 years now and I have, skimped, stretched, and added what ever came to mine, I have planted and I keep adding to the soil, I have the best worm population who could have, and they are making good soil.
I dont know much about your area, The Irises would be happy, dont know about the drought plants. The soil I made seems to hold in more moisture.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hello Redtootsiepop,
You have inspired me again, I have a very longgggg strip of grass in front of my house/property....I will try to figure out what I can naturalize in this area, it would have to be plants more for spring because it is an area of full sun and no way to water it. I could put in some spring bulbs right now and get started, it would look so much better than the plain grass...blah! hmmmm got something to plan for the winter...lol
FYI, I have about 10 salvia "hot lips" and just love them, thanks for sharing your lovely garden ideas!
Good to see you again,
Carla

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Carla !!! Good to hear from you - your gardens are beautiful, can't wait to see what you do with your parking strip - and it was alot of work to rip that sod out, but I'm so glad I did.... and not just at mowing time!

Show us some pics as you go?? How long is the strip? - I'm shocked at how many plants and bulbs are needed to put into this space.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.