Anyone with 9/20 blooms?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, never mind, I found it...... here I go again!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Kell, your Kalenchoes are too cool. I have never seen the doubles but now I will have to find some - if they are sold on the east coast yet. You Cali girls get all the good stuff first.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Kell,
those are so cool. I love yellow flowers.

ok, on with todays pics

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Envie

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

High Voltage

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Montserrat

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

first time bloom for Rosalind

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Double Tangerine Dream. I think she opened all the way today.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tarantella

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Voodoo Queen

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Voodoo Queen with petaloid.
That's it for today.

Garden is done. Plants transplanted. Stones put down.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

oops. helps if I add the picture :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Great ones, Cat! I just love Envie, and everytime I see your pictures I go out and have a talk with my little plant encouraging her to bloom sooner :-) Montserrat always knocks me out too.

I've got some new ones today too. First one is Rosalind, who is also blooming in California today.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Well, it is a miracle! Today, I have a nice bloom on Pride of Acadiana, that plant that I swear just doesn't like me. I'm grateful and I'll take it - one is better than none ;-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I'm in love with this Raspberry Swirl bloom - MUCH more overall pink in cooler weather - I think it's just yummy!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

And the last new bloom for me today is Rum Runner. I can't believe that I took this picture at 5:00 tonight and the colors were still bright! It made my day :-)

It's so very very nice that the weather has cooled so dramatically that most all of yesterday's blooms, and even a couple from the day before, are still looking nice. I don't imagine it will stay this cool so early, but I'm sure enjoying it while it's here!

Have a beautiful evening :-)

karen

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, beautiful blooms and pictures, as usual. Karen, I really do like your brown blooms.

Cat, your Voodoo Queen is really a sharp looker today. I enjoy everyone's flowers that they put blood, sweat, and tears into. They are all beautiful.

I had quite a few in bloom today and Cherry Appaloosa was especially pretty this time, but I forgot to take pictures. I just ran out on the front deck and too this one of Erin Rachael using the flash. It washed her out a bit.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are mine for today:

Allure (3rd day on this bloom!)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Cherry Ice

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

A couple blooms on Evangeline

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Simple Pleasures

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And Space Oddity

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes your Raspberry Swirl is yummy! LOL. So PINK!! I love Rosalind in both colors. And once again Allure is so alluring! I want so many. It is hard to be so needy.

But at least when I went out to water earlier I had a few blooming. My Magnifique made me feel not so deprived.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And one from last year has been blooming right along. It is such a neon PINK, it is hard to get a decent picture and I only had time for one. If I recall correctly it is called Miami.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Gosh I sure love flipping down this page and seeing all the pictures.

The other ones were not so great so I didn't bother taking their picture. Miss America they are not.

Since I have so few, poor me, I am going to cheat and show you a ti plant that is flowering. I do not remember them flowering for me last year and this year I have a couple flowering. Not a gaud bloom for sure but gaud leaves.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2007 7:51 PM

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Gosh, this time down the page, Voodoo Magic sure called my name. Both colors!!

Here is a billbergia that is in flower and is so PINK.

Next year I promise to have more FH!!

Thumbnail by Kell
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow!!! Everything is just Stunning!!! I am in Awe!!! Maybe I'll have time tomorrow to post a few. I've still just been cleaning from the HC last week and I am almost done!!! Great Thread!!!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Kell, I love that Magnifique! I just ordered it a couple hours ago from HVH...I swear this is my last hibiscus purchase for the year!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Liz it is much better in person. So many colors! I am being so good it make sme sick. Though I have been buying local ones to make up for my goodness. I should just buy the ones I want so dearly. I just got a big box from Plants Delight today of other kinds of plants and I looked at them all and thought where or where am I going to put all these over winter. Or even now.

Someone posted somewhere that this was going to be the warmest winter ever. And I believed them. I sure hope so.

Poor Robert. I am so sorry you had such a bad time.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

NICE!! My favs are Envie, Rosalind, Allure and Space Oddity.

Brugie, your Erin Rachael is still pretty :-)

Liz, Allure is great considering that this is the third day (don't you love this cooler weather?), as is Cherry Ice. But, I've just got to get that Space Oddity.

Kell, your "goodness" should be an inspiration to us all. I feel fully confident, however, that next spring you will quickly be joining the Bad Girl Society, lol!! Love the Ti pictures - I've got a couple outside for the first time (Red Sister & Kiwi) and they're pretty lackluster so far - maybe it's just too hot and dry for them here? Magnifique is truly even prettier in person. It's probably in my top three all-time favs. My plant has been growing very quickly, and I'm so glad that I should have blooms in the next few days :-) .

Liz, you are SUCH a bad girl having ordered today from HVH. Haha, I'm laughing here as I ordered their "only one left" Christie Blue on my lunch hour (so it didn't go the way of Storm Cloud, ahem, CAT!)!!!! I think I probably need an intervention...Of course, they've got another open house coming up a week from Saturday. You NoCal girls should come down and go with me, we'd have a blast!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I have had Magnifique on my wish list forever but HVH was always out of stock...but today I found the tab with the expensive 2 gal pots, and sure enough they had one there! (Not sure why I never noticed that link before, but it's probably a good thing!) After the cost of the plant and the shipping, it had better be gorgeous!

Kell--I hope you're right about this winter....but if the weather yesterday is any indication I don't know if I believe it or not. We do deserve a nice winter though after what happened last year!

Karen--I would love to come down and go to the open house, one of these days I will do it, but if I'm going to drive all the way down there I want to be able to stick around for a few days and do other things too. I'd be so broke if I lived near there though, I'd be there every month filling my car up!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You know come spring I just may come down. Do they have any spring open houses? I am planning to come down to go to Lotusland again and to the California Cactus Center in Pasadena. I am so hot for a very special agave I am willing to spend 3 days to get it. How far is HVH from Pasadena?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well shoot Liz, you could have gotten Magnifique at Armstrongs! I got 3 huge ones there for $21 I think it was. 3 gallon cans. Now it is too late in the season.

When I was south last week, I went to an Armstrongs and bought 2 - 5 gallon hibiscus and 5 bags of leaf mold and they trucked it to the Dublin store for me because we had filled the SUV with begonias. I also got a 5 gallon 8ft tree. Thevetia thevetioides. It is going to be tight here if it lives but it was such a happy looking tree I thought I would chance it. I had seen it the day before at the South Coast Botanical Garden and immediately got a crush.

Thumbnail by Kell
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes, but Karen, you beat me to the last Rasberry Swirl (wink, wink).
Liz, you will love Magnifique. It definately is gorgeous and huge!
Kell, my plants don't look as pretty as yours. Never knew they flowered till just now.

Yep, fall is on its way, for Florida, that is. Temps are now in the mid to high 80's, instead of 90's. And, nights are cooling down to a very comfortable temp.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Hmmm...Armstrong never had it the days I went there! Even though I live 5 minutes from there though I don't go that often, sort of silly but I make it up to the Berkeley nurseries way more than I go there. Guess next year I'll have to stop there more often!

I love that Thevetia (fell in love with it during my December trip to LA & San Diego last year). So I started some T. peruviana from seed last winter, probably going to be a long time before they bloom though! They're going in the greenhouse for the winter, I don't trust them outside.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Now I have to go look up T. peruviana. Is it hardier than Thevetia thevetioides, Liz?

Cat, we had a touch of fall yesterday. WOW did the wind howl thru here. I actually wore a warm jacket out to Livermore and Danville (both hot places) and was not too warm. Here it is always 40 or 40s at night.

I should not encourage you to go to Armstrong, Liz!! We will be fighting over the same plants. LOL. I saw the same brand at Alden Lane yesterday. But I only saw one. So they must have carried the FH too!

I was looking around my yard today and if this was spring I tell you I would be in such good shape. I swear next March I am going to jump into gear and get my act together. This last year I knew I had to go to NYC for my son's graduation in May and it was this huge obstacle in my mind. I kept thinking if I lived thru it, I would do everything when I got back and that was way too late. I never made up the time. It took me over a month to just clear out the dead stuff from our so cold winter.

Liz, I have some seeds of Brachychiton discolor that I got South that I can share if you want. I went nuts for this tree. I need to figure out how to germinate them. I plan on having one of these trees by hook or by crook. The pods on them are so cool and the flowers are PINK. LOL.

Tell me this pod is not to die for. Too bad it is not pink too.

Thumbnail by Kell
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Kell, are the Ti's hardy for you? I have never had one bloom but I suspect they are marginal here. They live but their growth is restrained a bit.

What did you get from Plant Delights? I was scheduled to go to a meeting there next month but by kids in Jacksonville want us to come visit that weekend and I am afraid kids always trump nurseries, even ones as special as PD. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get to find some cool hibiscus in FL.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Kell--I think T. peruviana is equally un-hardy as T. thevetioides, I wouldn't trust either one of them here in Dublin! If you've got extras of the Brachychiton seeds, I would love some! I don't have much to offer in trade though--I have some Aussie and tropical tree/shrub seeds that I never got around to sowing last year but I don't know if they'd still be good or not. If they ever lift the quarantine for that stupid moth I'll have a ton of plants/cuttings to give away but who knows when that'll be!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Alice, I got 2 agave's, my latest fascination. This one: Agave attenuata 'Kara's Stripes'
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/07786.html
I have been flirting with succulents for awhile now and have zeroed in on several kinds. These agave are very special and a bit similar to one I saw at Lotusland that I am just madly in love with. They are tissued cultured. And because they charge a whopping $27 for shipping for 1 plant or more, I got sucked into getting more. So I spent much more so I would not feel cheated about spending the $27 for shipping. LOL

I should have bought a few arisaema or amorphophallus because PD has rare ones and I am in awe of the ones I grow but NOOOOOOOOOO I had to buy 3 farfugiums that I have never seen before. I buy them just because a friend collects them so now I want them too. I am undecided if I really like them. I may just love their name. LOL. I rarely make sense even to myself anymore.
And I got some achimenes because I saw some at Kartuz Greenhouse but they do not sell them till they are dormant. So I felt deprived when I was there not being able to get some. They are a joyful little plant.

Oh Liz, I do not trade. I suck at trading. Ask Alice. I still owe her plants which I have had here for several months and just never send them though I worry over them all the time. I am so pathetic. Send me your address and I will send you some. I have no idea if they need to be planted fast.

Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.