Anyone with 9/20 blooms?

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Well, I've got some. It has cooled down by about 20 degrees here all the sudden, and it's SO nice that fall feels like it's finally coming :-)

First up, is The Flower, The Myth, The Legend....The Gator Pride!! Love how orange it it today :-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Black Dragon.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Suede Buttons.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Electric Blue

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen,
Love your Gator Pride today. I was been transferring my hibs from the left side f the house, from ground to pots....yes, again. My backyard is one big pond and slushbucket, but I think I saved them in time. There were 11 in all, and there did not appear to be any root rot, but another day or so, and I am sure there would have been.

Need to take a shower, and will come back to post today's pics.

PS....Karen, you saved us from having to post 2 separate threads. One for today (the 19th) and one for tomorrow :)

Molten Lava.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Black Jack. Had two like this - I'm in love with this plant!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

The second Heavy Metal in two days on my little plant - woohoo!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I had two blooms on Voodoo Magic and they each looked different! Cool :-)

Here's the first one.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Here's the second bloom. Trippy, huh?

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Rosalind.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Those two Voodoo blooms are cool, I like how it's different colors, makes it more interesting! Up here it feels like winter--we had nasty winds today that practically ripped my greenhouse apart, just when I was starting to think about getting it ready for winter. It was really cold too, and it's even supposed to rain tomorrow which is practically unheard of! Evangeline had a bunch of new half open blooms, nothing worth taking a picture of though.

We actually got a little rain this morning, as you can see on Erin Rachael. We're supposed to get quite a bit, along with the winds (noooooo!) tonight and tomorrow night.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

And my last bloom is from Mini Ballerina. I almost missed it, just saw a little glimmer of yellow when our landscaping lights came on. This plant is in front of Colocasia Nancyanna and Ti Red Sister, but the bloom was at the back. Glad I got to see it :-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Thanks Cat. Sounds like you had your hands full today - thank goodness you were able to get them into pots. LOL, I've been not-quite-right-in-the-brain all day today, so I guess it's no surprise I put the wrong date, lol. You're right, we'll have two days out of this thread!

Liz, it's starting to feel like that here too, I guess you guys are sending it south. I sure hope it doesn't get too crazy windy though...the rain we can certainly use :-)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Ooh...that Mini Ballerina is pretty!

I'm not ready for winter yet! Our winds seem to have died down a bit, but we're supposed to get a half inch of rain. Up until today it's been beautiful up here, hopefully it'll be back to that soon!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Mini Ballerina is a knockout!

Ok, here are my blooms for today, 09/19/07 :) The cooler weather,(mid to high 80's) and the rain, seem to be bringing out the best of colors.

Belle du Jour

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I am so totally in love with this flower! (and belle)

Blueberry Thrill

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Chiffon Breeze

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Yep, today was a chore. First I had to dig the plants out of the ground. Then I had to fill in the holes with dirt. Then put down 16x16 inch terra cotta stones, then drill holes in the pots, add rocks and add dirt. But, it was all worth it :)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Chocolate High (doesn't look too chocolaty to me, lol)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Gator Pride

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Island Passion
She didn't open all the way.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Orange Lagos, and bud

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

And last, Tangerine Dream.
For some reason, she does not like to open all the way, but I am getting used to the "cupped" effect. I think I like it, lol.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh my gosh, I finally have a Tangerine Dream that opened all the way. Will take pics later.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Karen and Cat
They are all beautiful. Job well done on both coasts. West coast I'd have to go with BlackJack and the Voodoo's. East coast I'd have to go with Blueberry Thrill and Belle du Jour.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

GAWGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of oooohs and aaaaaaahs from me!! Black Jack and Gator Pride are my absolute favorites!! Good job, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat, I'm loving your Belle and especially Blueberry Thrill pics. I've got to get that Blueberry :-)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You guys have so many pretty ones. I just sigh when I look at them all.

I have not even been in my own yard long enough to take pictures lately. I water then run. Today I am staying home. I am tired.

I was out all day yesterday with another Daver, Patricia. We had such fun. I saw do many hibiscus for sale. Few of the fancy hibiscus. I did see a 3 gallon Black Dragon but we were on the way out and we were late so I only got to see it not buy it. They had another name on it too. Something Dragon but not Black.

I got a huge 5 gallon Erin Rachael that was only $24 so of course I had to get it which I had no business getting. But it has so many buds I will get my money's worth before winter. I need to think small for I am so out of room.

Thumbnail by Kell
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen,
I got my "Blueberry Thrill" from Robert :)
It is a definate, no doubt about it, must have!
Hurry, run to your puter and order from Robert right away!!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

At Home Depot I saw the prettiest doubles. After looking at the pictures I almost wish I had bought them. One was in a gallon can for so cheap and the other was a small standard. HD had lots too.

This one had orangey back petals. I love blended ones.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And an apricot one with some pink in it.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Here is one I got when I was in LA. I just can't resist such big ones in 5 gallon pots. It is a tangerine color.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And I also got a big Etouffee. Here it is on the balcony of the hotel where we were staying.

Thumbnail by Kell

Beautiful pics, Kell! You must have had a blast :-) And what a deal you got on Erin Rachael!!

Cat, I've already been SUCH a bad girl!!! I'm expecting three from Fancy Hibiscus probably tomorrow (first order, cross your fingers) and two from Georgiavines on Ebay (El Cap, Tequila Sunrise and a Snow Queen). You guys and your pictures are making me broke!!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

OH! You pic posters!! I've been trying to ignore it for a couple days, David or someone posted Blueberry Thrill, now here it is, again! It keeps looking at me "THAT" way....... ok, it's going on my list! They are so lusty! I mean lovely... Kell I like those doubles in the box stores, too... I'm usually able to say "NO" cause I know I'll order some named ones, but every couple years or so, I give in... Love that pink one!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Tell me about it, come spring WATCH OUT!! I am going for broke. I will be able to research and write up my list and then rewrite it over and over again all winter. Anticipation can be so much fun.

I just found a picture of the FH I saw yesterday that I thought was Black Dragon, it was really Dragon's Breath (on link below) and that was the name on it too. I was just not familiar with it. I need to go back to the nursery and look at it closer.

This is fun to look at!
http://www.hendrychapterahs.com/gpage14.html

I got 4 of the new double kalanchoes for my front porch in fall colors. One is a yellow blend and one a POP out punch you in the eyes orange blend. I love the complex colors on them.

Thumbnail by Kell

Very pretty Kell! Are you making a fall container? Or, do these get planted into your yard? I want to see your "fall" pic after it's done!

Dragon's Breath is lovely - same pretty white rays as Black Dragon, but the flower is more red the burgandy. Red Dragonette is also similar with the red. You know me, I've got to have all three, lol ;-) Red IS my color after all...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Kell those are list maker's, too! I love the Barry Schluter... He's a DG'er now, ya know... I love that pink and gray together.. how does he market his, website?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.