A beautiful gift!

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone. I wanted to post pictures of some of the gorgeous plants Growhappy/Shanika sent me. I don't know if ya'll saw her Newbies Delurk post, but she was kind enough to send about a zillion cuttings to a new gardener (me). :o) I've taken pictures of many of them. Couldn't post pictures of all of them, because my mom came over when I was repotting and spotted a few that she had to have. I think it''s really amazing how friendly people are here at DG!! I joined out of curiosity and can't stay away because of all the great people... like Shanika. It's a really nice thing to find a new circle of friends here. Hopefully, once my plants have been growing long enough, I can do the same thing for another newbie. :o)

Here's the first picture. I was especially excited about the two episcias... my first episcias. Trying very hard to keep them alive in my desert climate. I even went out and bought a humidifier. LOL Please don't pay any attention to the begonia stem in the background. I traded with Lin and she sent me a gorgeous begonia which my kitties promptly knocked over and played with. We're hoping to revive it. :o)
~Melissa

P.S. Happy belated birthday Shanika!!

Thumbnail by Drinnian
El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's the other picture. I put some of the plants together in one pot. Hopefully I didn't violate any gardening principles by doing so, but I thought they looked really pretty together.

Thanks again Shanika!!!! Now if I can just keep them alive, everything will be great. :o)

Thumbnail by Drinnian
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I would just like to say that Shanika is one of the many kind hearts that has touched my life also. I have a plant that Shanika sent to me that is 5 feet tall. It's even been named "Dianna". She is in a huge pot and sprouting new leaves and vines all the time. I think of Shanika with each new leaf. Shanika has touched my life and many others in so many ways and she is such a generous and caring mother, friend, and woman!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

(((((((Melissa and Kim)))))))- ya'll sure know how to make a girl get all misty!:))))) Thank you for the kind words....

Shanika(sniffing and dabbing tears):)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

We Love Ya Babe! :)
I think of you all the time and am grateful to have this opportunity to tell you along with Melissa how much your generosity touches people's hearts :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.