direct sowing vs winter sowing

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

then along came his buddy
< ====

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

here is one area of the fence where i have them.

I do believe there are 3 morning glories here, 2 grandPa Ott and 1 Heavenly Blue,
but i could be wrong. at first I didnt think there was any HB there, but about a month ago, alas, there were blue flowers where the was once only purple.

same with the other area... if you look really closely - the far corner of the yard (that's the NW corner) it's totally filled in with MG's. that area has 5 or 6 MGs, again, I thought there was only Grandpa Ott, but obviously there was at least 1 HB, as it too is covered in blue flowers.

Terese

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, Terese. The CL fence is a great support. I wonder if I planted them on our shared fence, would lawn-man mow them down?

x, C

PS don't let Victor see those!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Carrie -- is 'lawn mower man" your DH or do you hire out?

that side of the fence for me, borders association property.... the first year (6 yrs ago) we told "lawn mower man" [that's what me and the pooch call him] to basically stay away from the fence... and that we will maintain at least 5' of association property, just to keep them away. [they dont bag lawn clippings and the stuff always blew into our yard, which drove DH mad] so now we have this invisible line... they stay on one side, and we do the rest.

but DH on the other had.... when he gets a hold of that weed whacker ... he gets a lil too close to my plants sometimes..... i really need to tell him i will take care of anything along the fence line, because my lil flower beds just keep going down the fence line.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH -- and the other side of the fence, for me, it borders my neighbors... but it is my fence -- though i did ask her if she'd mind if i planted the MG"s in her flower bed to climb my fence. she has zinnias and small rose of sharons in there. it looked fabulous this year.. so much so, she out there collecting the MG seeds.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

No no it's the guy next door. In love with his ride-on mower. Starts mowing around 8 am in the summer, at least 3X a week. we haven't been on great terms ever since his pit bull got loose and attacked my daughter.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

ouch!! understood.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.