Chantell, Your Fragrance Enchants Me

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Wrightie,
Next year if you want more plumerias just let me know... By then I am sure to be crazy with trying to keep them all alive and would be glad to get rid of a few...LOL
This plumeria bloomed today and it is a Slaughter Pink.
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm soooo jealous, Susan!! What's the scent like?!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Chantell... Why a cat fight?
Susan
PS. Taye's body is much better then the other... Hey just my 2 cents worth...LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh yeah...I saw, but resisted the urge to post those shots!!
Wrighties means fighting over Taye...she's teasin'

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Here is my white one that is in a flower bed down on the bottom half of my house. I did not smell it lastnight and they only live one night so will have to wait for the next one to bloom... The white one is great.. smells like heaven.....
Chantell have you smelled the passion flower yet? It is also wonderful...
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Wrightie,
You now have me hooked on these things and I hope they are not hard to grow... I just got a book on them... So how easy was it for you to start my baby?
I knew you all were joking but still did not see why ... Is why I asked...
Susan

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes wrightie... frozen fruit... so it falls in to one of the four food groups. It's very yummy...

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

LOLOLOLOLOL To cute...

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Susan, they were not difficult to start..... BUT ........ they can take over a month to germinate, so patience is a virtue. I kept some notes in my Journal, I think. There's a great thread on starting Daturas that was started by Xerantheum (sp) some time last Winter. It's full of great info. I'll try to remember to come back and post a link.

I guess I should buy some Schnapps.

Oh, I haven't seen a "cat fight" since junior high, so I was just looking for another way to pass the time as I recuperate. Gets pretty boring doing nothing all day long. Looks like I picked a crowd that's happy to share, however. Oh well. lol

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Nah... I don't share... but I've already got my marine...

Oorah!!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Susan, I'll take you up on your plumeria offer next year. You'll have to let me know what plants you're interested in, so that we can trade.

On a side note, it appears that I will get to see my daturas bloom this season, after all. Hooray.

Thumbnail by wrightie
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

That is great wrightie... Next year I may not need another plant with all of these...LOL
I did buy seed for Datura and also hoping to get some for trades although I am not the best in keeping seeds for trade but I am sure I can work something out....
Please send pictures of your Datura when it blooms.... As far as Plumerias go I was asking lastweek if someone wanted one coming in from Hawaii... No takers... oh well I potted it up...
Susan

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Datura - took over my planter totally - but, oh so pretty!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh that is beautiful... A little diffrent then mine... Mine is on a light green stem.. My purple is on your type of datura...
Susan

This message was edited Sep 6, 2007 10:59 PM

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

lurk lurk- happily no one else has claimed Johnny Depp yet------

Hey Susan- I honeymooned in Hawaii and any Plumeria would be a sentimental and exotic new plant for me. Any chance of a future trade ? Do you have a want list??

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

No I am still not up to date on a want list as I want them all...LOL Are you the Sally I met at the RU? We went to Hawaii for our 32nd anniv. It was wonderful... I fell in love with the tree outside our door... I never once seen one for sale.. but more then likely I never really looked... Then I came home and seen how many there were.. TO MANY...LOL
Susan...

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes I am the Sally from harts swap : ^)
the plumeria fragrance was out of this world~~~~~~~~~~~not until Dave's did I know anybody here could find and grow one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.