My African Violet summering outdoors.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I didn't know it had these distinctively coloured flowers until this summer.

Thumbnail by Joan6aON
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous violet!!! Great growing!!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

That is one beautiful AV

(Zone 1)

Very pretty AV ... do you know the name of it? I love that color!

I hope you will post this photo over on the African Violet Forum for all to see! It is a Wonderful plant!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That is awesome!!! Beautiful fantasy bloom! Please post on the AV forum too, or at least post a link to this thread so the others over there can see your beauty!

Karen

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That has such beautiful fantasy blossoms. When you say it is summering outdoors, is your plant exposed to the elements?

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Two mentioned 'fantasy bloom'. Is this a category?

I will post it in the AV forum. Thanks to all of you.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, fantasy is a category. Tell me, are you growing this plant outdoors exposed or under cover? Please share your growing conditions.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

It is placed where the roof juts out and is in high shade all day during summer then at this time of year when the sun is getting lower it gets evening sun which is just enough. Right now I have the indoor plant stand outside where I've washed it down and waiting for it to dry. Then I'll bring them in for the winter. amd start tje cycle over again.

Some othere....

Thumbnail by Joan6aON
Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

and one more.

Thumbnail by Joan6aON
(Zone 1)

Do you know the name of this Violet? It is just Beautiful! Hope you will post a photo of your entire stand when you get it back inside with all your plants on it!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Your violets are beautiful and are doing so well for you during your Canadian summer. I so enjoyed seeing them.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Just Beautiful.thanks for sharing your beauties.I have a stand outside with a few on it that have done really well this summer.Up along the East side of house mostly bright shade with a little early morning sun.Funny how rain doesn't seem to hurt them a bit outside but inside heaven forbid I drip some water on the leaves and forget to dry them...lol..Mother nature is awesome : )

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Sorry, I don't know the name of it. Will try for a picture of the stand with plants.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Wow, very, very pretty and healthy looking violets. I did not know you could put them outdoors! Too late to do so this year but I sure will do that next year with mine. I do have a streptocarpella outside and it did very well, but I would bring it inside if there was a threat of rain.... which didn't happen very often until recently. Thanks for sharing with us!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.