DAILY PICS- VOL. 17

Marlton, NJ

juvenile male RT Hummingbird

This message was edited Aug 16, 2007 4:17 PM

Thumbnail by pelletory
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Omigosh - he's darling!! Great shot, Pelle!

Marlton, NJ

Thanks Murmur! I'm having so much fun watching them. They make a complete circle around the backyard, first to 3 different Trumpetvines then down to an Agastache "Tutti Frutti" then a little round the corner of the house to the feeders and pots of Lantana and Black & Blue Salvia. I just love them!

They really can make our hearts sing, can't they???!!!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Well, I'd certainly visit the B&B if I were a hummer!

Blue Jay

Thumbnail by

Cardinal

Thumbnail by
Marlton, NJ

They are pretty!

Nice pics Frank!

Thumbnail by pelletory

hummer

Thumbnail by
Marlton, NJ

Very nice Frank!!

Klamath River, CA

At one of the cabins where we stayed in Island Park Id,

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

At the resturant.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

So cute! Love those swallows!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Back in '99, a pair of purple martins built a nest on the motor of the garage door opener. We had to leave the door in an open position until the babies fledged.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

2 to 3 pairs of barn swallows nested in our barn every summer. This photo was also taken in '99.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Marlton, NJ

Oh my gosh thats amazing!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Great hummer pic - don't often get to see the throat color like that.

Klamath River, CA

Finally, she brought the brood in.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Left, right, left....

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Couldn't get them all in one Pic. I've been seeing them in the area for about three weeks, but today is the first day i've had a chance to get pics.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/index.html My wife found this site on Hummers.

Marlton, NJ

Great pics !

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry, not a good close picture - one of these days I'll get one of the Eagle I see here, but here's an Osprey for now

Thumbnail by claypa
Klamath River, CA

Have to go to town today (ninety mile round trip), but not before my morning coffee on the front poch with my friends.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

The loner.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics guys!

Cedar Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

See the soft stuff in the hummer nest. We had a "tiny" tragedy this spring when hummers were making nests. Before I got the vinyl (warehouse type) strips put up on the back door and weather was still cool, one morning we found a dead hummer on our kitchen counter, behind a canister. Its little feet were all wrapped up with a fine, light colored, soft "filament", looking and feeling like spider web, but too course for spider webbing. We never figured out what it was but it surely wasn't "ideal" nesting material for a hummer.

gg=alice

Cedar Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

adelbertcat,

Are those Quail? (I'm on a pen computer with very small screen so can't get a good look) We've spotted them only once out here, years ago, a whole family with youngsters, going across the drive up at the road. Even my "ba-hum-bug" DH got a kick out of that.

gg=alice

Marlton, NJ

Oh you have one of those too Alice (bah-hum-bug DH),lol!

Marlton, NJ

Heres a sweetie at the Madame Gallen Trumpetvine.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Klamath River, CA

geek granny, yes they are Quail. They are about three weeks old. Mom wouldn't bring them out in the open when they were real young.

Cedar Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh yes, for sure, pelle. Definately a "grumpy ol' man" but I wouldn't trade him for any other human being in the world.

When we went to the Grand Canyon, he stood there for a minute or so and then said something like, "Okay, I've seen it." and took the dog for a walk while DD and I just didn't want to leave for a very long time, even though it was sooooooooooo very cold and windy. The night before we hit a blizzard just a few miles south and short of the "desert" and had a hard time finding a place to pull the RV off the road. It was pretty scary but mostly "irritated" DH.

BTW... we picked up DD in Tuscon for her college Spring Break. Her friends thought she was crazy going on an RV trip with her parents. We all had a great time.

gg=alice

Marlton, NJ

That so nice Alice! Same here, I adore my DH even though he has no interest in the things I like.

Marlton, NJ

I was surprised to see this Goldfinch perching on an old daylilie stalk.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Klamath River, CA

I said the Right foot maggot

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Follow me men.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

My mother was frightened by a hood ornament before I was hatched.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

LOL. adel, do those 2 types of jays hang out together frequently?

Adel, those are hilarious!!

Pelle, love the hummer and the goldfinch.

Claypa, stunning contrast in the osprey photo.

I got some Heron images today - not the best, but I like the contrasts and reflections.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Second one.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.