Late Bloomers

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Black Beauty still has 2 blooms on it and Rose Sonnet is on it's last bloom. Uchida description said it would bloom last of Aug./First of Sept. and it did....was a little concerned the buds wouldn't open as it was 42-46 here a few mornings last week.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Yay Pixie!! You keep our lily fix alive!! :) Thanks for posting the picture! Post more, please!

Diann

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey I can still play! Here is L. speciosum album. Too bad it doesn't have big red dots all over the inside. Maywood is fading fast and Mamba is still hanging in there.

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Doesn't speciosum album just glow? I'm not quite sure if it's because of its late timing or the placement or the fact that it seemed to last a really long time here. In any case, I was surprised by it.

Thanks for continuing to share the beauty. Mine have just now finally spent their last bloom.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Siberia' still has about 5 blooms on it but they aren't looking to pretty. I'd say they were on their last leg.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Rose Sonnet' this is the last flower for the year.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Black Beauty' has to be my longest blooming lily, taken this morning.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Mojave' is falling apart now but it did put on a pretty show.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Uchida' again this morning.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow guys, those are beautiful!!! :) Thank you!!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

They look extra pretty on this rainy morning! How great you still have some to enjoy - and to share with us!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

they are all just beeeutyfulllll I can not hardly wait till mine get here so I can plant them and next summer have( I hope) some wonderful blooms also
Gloria

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Had to post this lily again. It is the same lily above with the date of Sept.7th........it is now the 25th and it's still blooming and attracting visitors!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow..... :)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Very nice!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

great shot Pixie!!!!
Gloria

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I am so impressed with this lily blooming so late, it's on it's last 2 blooms right now. I planted it last fall with out much thought...need to do that more often! (grin)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.