Have we done white?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ah thanks, Karen! Might have some seeds for you...remind me please.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Annual something or another - not sure - Butterflies love em :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Bec, is that a Pentas? I don't think I have seen white, mostly red and pink. Very pretty!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

THATS it - thanks

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

not in my garden, but at Cunningham Falls State Park. Things were lush and damp up there on Thursday

Thumbnail by sallyg
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Way cool Sally....love the moss and srooms

A patch of Alyssum that reseeds for me every year.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Second year for this White mum. Just starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

good morning! we don't have any pentas ~ I want to try some next year, sounds like a good butterfly addition. Hey, as I was reading the new posts ...ladyg your mum picture popped on :)...our mums haven't started blooming yet but a few more dahlias are; this is "Snowbound"

Thumbnail by wind

Wind, that is a very white dahlia, I like it!

There are a lot of indications of fall in this area! Might just be an early one for us. Robins and sparrows are starting to flock together. Geese honking overhead in the evening. And the mums are starting to bloom, Autumn Joy & Brilliant sedum are starting to get a blush of color on the buds. But we are also getting some very hot humid days, but the nights are cool.

Speaking of hot and humid-----been out today?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sally, I'm sorry, I just saw your post above. I'm still hoping to be at the swap. Want to just bring the seeds there?

yeah,

i'll bring plenty of nico only the lonely seed to swap.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hoya Bella - full bloom

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Single bloom - by itself

Thumbnail by Chantell
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Chantell! That is stunning! It doesn't even look real, especially the single bloom! It looks like something you would put on a cake!

May have to try out a hoya sometime...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Got a few more whites for the collection. Start it off with Moonflower, first bloom. Must have been the full moon that made them finally flower.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Can't seen to get a real good pic of these White Dawn roses. Pretty, with small clusters of blooms.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

and another

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

How about a cute white gourd????

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Boy I hope I get moonflower blooms. They do seem to come late and I was late planting it.
I grew easter egg gourds coupla yrs ago. They were cute. Last yr I grew no gourds, squash etc at all because the squash bugs and cuke beetles were SO bad! I think it helped. I was pretty bug free until here lately.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Sally check this out
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/764751/

Holly- LOL LOL I pity your gourds though!

great pic of the moonflower bloom...almost looks like satin! Ours is making its move climbing up the trellis but no buds yet. Nice gourd...can cucumbers get those beetles that would cause wilt? I better go take a closer look because our cukes are wilted...yikes

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Wind, I think they were mentioned. Check out the link I posted for Sally.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Holly - beautiful pics...agree - love that moon flower shot esp.!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a few white flowers from today, a rain lily

Thumbnail by claypa

Oops, focussed on the dirt, not the flower. I found some Hosta plantaginea in the woods last year, they've started blooming this week

Thumbnail by claypa

Another shot

Thumbnail by claypa

Buddleia close-up. What's with the 'j' now in Buddleja, anybody know?

Thumbnail by claypa
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Pretty, pretty...love the glowing whites

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Jasmine sambac

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

claypa- Hosta plantaginea, does that have huge giant flowers (for a hosta) large leaves and a really sweet smell? I think I have them but never had an original tag, just passed along. I saved them from voles this spring but with the drought they won't be able to flower it looks like, lots of brown edges.

Yes, and I think they're the only ones that bloom this time of year. This one has a few brown edges. I have others that probably won't bloom this year. I should go check, I've been down your way most of the summer. Luckily there's been more rain here in Pa.... it's hard to rely on anyone else to water, too.

Thumbnail by claypa

Thanks. I will be so happy when they bloom for me.........

Another late blooming hosta that could be confused with hosta plantaginea is hosta royal standard. The plantaginea is a night bloomer (4pm) vs royal standard which blooms in the day time (opens 7am) ~ both are fragrant.
http://www.gilberthwild.com/index.php?pageid=1&action=shopping.product.view&productid=804&categoryid=6

This message was edited Aug 31, 2007 7:55 PM

Thumbnail by wind

Thanks ,wind. I just saved that tidbit in my Journal. How handy. Sad I will have to wait a year to find out...
I'm going to ask the ID forum about this wild one. I think it's Eupatorium album. Its common around here, sweet smelling September bloom.
Got my ID already- it's common snakeroot. E somethingelse

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Fuzzy wuzzy...

Thumbnail by Chantell

sweet autumn clematis
believe it or not there is a cactus plant underneath...it got engulfed in the corner!!!

Thumbnail by wind
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh my, wind. Your deck runneth over.

Here's mine. It's a year old. Not nearly as dramatic.

Thumbnail by wrightie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.